art institute of washington Employee Reviews in United States

It is a good school to learn and teach
Part time faculty (Current Employee) –  Arlington VAMay 29, 2015
Academic standard of the school is high. Students’ works tell it all. Faculty was dedicated and had very good relationship with students.
Pros
Good people
Very enjoyable, sharing knowledge with fellow students
Graphic Design Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 30, 2015
Working as a tutor under the employment of AIW was extremely exciting to me. I personally love to share knowledge with others, and this position allowed me to assist and help students who were obtained lack of knowledge or having struggles with graphic works. I love what I do so I took pride in passionately assisting students here. Not to mention I had a great supervisor who looked out for his employees.
Pros
Teaching, helping others
Cons
Minor disruptions
Decent Job For College Student
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 17, 2015
This is good a part time job to have for an Aiw student. It pays minimum wage and is flexible around class schedule. Not too demanding.
Pros
Get to read books
Cons
No advancement
For-profit school
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 24, 2015
I'm not going to say much about this school other than it's a for-profit school.
Pros
got paid
Cons
management, low pay, lack of technical or profession support
productive and fast pace work environment. great people
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAJanuary 6, 2015
I love my job and especially the people I work with. My students are creative and there is nothing I love more than knowing that I helped make even a slight positive difference in someone else's life. Unfortunately because the school is for profit the turn over is high and there are lay offs at least once a year.
Do Not Get Involved
Faculty (Current Employee) –  1820 N Fort Myer DriveApril 27, 2014
This company is in a transitional phase as it realigns its mission based on external pressures of the economy, politics, and the state of higher education. The company has thus moved to an extremely corporate top-down approach with very little communication to the boots on the ground about the nature of changes or rationale. There is little to no room for upward advancement, and with the readjustment of duties, they expect workers to take on more responsibility with no pay or raises equivalent to the rise in the cost of living for the area.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 23, 2013
The tutor lab is a quiet environment for students to study and for prospective students to take placement exams. Most students take care of themselves, but any who are in need of assistance are free to approach with questions and the tutors will help. We also work as proctors for the placement tests and take care of sending the scores to the admissions faculty who place them in the appropriate classes when they begin.

When not working with a student, we are free to work on any assignments we may have.
Pros
quiet environment, excellent study time
Top Notch
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 31, 2012
Great hours
Awesome Management
Time to work on things
Proper time frame to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at art institute of washington. Our community is ready to answer.