Art.com

Art.com Employer Reviews

I work for a pretty good company as a whole
Customer Service (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 28, 2014
The company I work for is a great company. I just find absolutely no satisfaction from doing the job. I need more. I need a sense of accomplishment after I complete or while working. This is just not something I can achieve here.
it a cool place
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), cary north carolinaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: nice pay check
Cons: short breaks
I had to answer phone and listening to people complain about their phone bill. I also had to trouble shoot their phones. I really didn't talk to people a lot there but I met some cool friends. The hardest part working there if I couldn't fix their phone over the phone and they had to take it in the store. the most enjoyable part of the job was a nice pay check
Detail and family oriented
CSS1 (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2014
Art.com is a very family oriented, not only with employee's families but as a family of co-workers. This company gives employees every opportunity to succeed by offering training programs and incentives. Everyone from management to customer service and sales representatives work closely together creating a wonderful working environment of support.
Great place to work, Little Pay
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great people!!
Cons: low pay
Management is great within the company, they have created a non stressful, and family oriented environment. However the pay is pretty bad.
I love working and I truly miss working. I enjoy meeting new faces and enjoy working with other and my Family and Friends.
Pulling Special order / desk job (Former Employee), Lockbourne, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Expressing opinions without offending and Following procedures and instructions would be a typical day at work and hardest part of job. What I learn to have an eye for detail in stock of quality and damage. As will in picking / packing a order. Managing people ~ Keeping myself motivating and appropriate information sources by listening and most enjoyable love working.
Horrible management poor processes
Marketing Peon (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: free bagels on friday, good co-workers although there has been high turnover recently.
Cons: high turnover, no career progression, substandard pay, still don't understand what drives the buisiness
I worked in one of the departments curently undergoing "pain points". During that time I had 3 managers, none of which knew or understood exactly what I did nor wanted to know.

Because there was no one who understood my role I had to train myself. This is OK if you have some experience in your role and know what you should be doing, but I've seen this happen accross the board in my department and others which leaves junior members essentially flapping on the shoreline like fish out of water.

Career opportunities are abysmal. Even as you take on more responsibility, get more successes and achievements under your belt you will not be rewarded for them unless you threaten to quit. Starting pay is OK as long as you negotiate properly and you MUST.

The work/life balance is pretty bad for most but there are a few positions with nothing to do except be on Facebook all day. If you're one of the former then expect to consistently work 60 hour work weeks, except several times out of the year where you will work 100 hours a week during a major release. This is no exageration!

Because the site architecture is so outdated and management tries to push things quickly through to be reactionary without properly analyzing data. This means that more often than not, those projects you spent 100+ hours on a week and caused your friends and family to forget what you look like will end up failing or be abandoned.
If you point out potential risks or issues before they happen then you will get your wrist slap and be told that it isn't your job to worry about such things. When those problems surface – more... you will be expected to solve them as they happen and then will get your wrist slap again for not anticipating this problem.

Senior management isn't helpful. In recent all-hands meetings CEO has blamed business problems on the non-managers and has admitted that he's all out of ideas. It's not unheard of to have entire departments individual goals based on a 10-minute reactionary brain-storming session and the results end up putting an unnecessary burden on other departments.

All in all I would say work here if you are new in your career and want to learn some things FAST. Also work here if you just want a job where you can get away with C effort. If you're not already at a director or SVP manager and hope someday to get there, then look elsewhere. – less
family oriented
Customer/Sales Rep (Former Employee), cary, ncMay 29, 2014
I wish that the job had been a permanent position. I enjoyed the fact that the managers were around to really help and give constrictive critiquing.
Produtive day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Groveport, OHFebruary 17, 2014
Keeping busy, everyone getting work done and have a good time doing it.
Productive fast pace enviroment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
very busy and some days not so buy
learned how to drive a forklift
management was strict
co workers wee friendly
hardest part was the holiday season
most enjoyable part was the co workers
Pick/Pack / Outgoing Scanner
Picker/Packer F/T - Shipping (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learned how to Scan Products,Proofing Information on Lables and Canisters.
good place and filled with funactivisties
Customer service, Returns & reships (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 3, 2014
you go in and take calls for sales return reships refunds. there are time where it is really heavy and there are a lot of calls and times where its slow
High risk high reward, high speed fun!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: the diverse duties, flat management style, and relaxed dress code.
Cons: unstable funding, unpredictable work life balance.
I learned to wear many hats at Art.Com. I started in the shipping department and ended my career there in the accounting dept. There was no typical day at work. One day you would be shipping packages all over the world, the next day you would be researching a technical error on the website, and on the weekend you could be driving a forklift. At Art.Com if you had initiative, brains and produced results your opinion was as important as the CEO's. The hardest part was the uncertainty of the funding for the company at the beginning. There is a reason the call them vulture capitalist. The most fun was having the latitude and support to solve problems. The workforce was diverse in personality as well as skill set, the flat management style made you feel appreciated and invested.
Friendly work enviroment with strong driven people
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2013
Working for Art.com was very challenging and gratifing at the same time! The most enjoyable part of the job was mentoring my team and seeing the self-satisfaction from their daily achievements.
Productive work place
Framing (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 9, 2013
A very team oriented job. Procduction and team work allow for the everyday outcome of outgoing work.
Great Managers and Co-Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 6, 2013
Pros: fun activities at work weekly and great incintive program
Cons: a lot of issues in our warehouse so we had a lot of angry customers
I worked in a in-bound call center taking new orders over the phone for posters, canvas and framed art. I would assist customers with framing and customizing art. I would also assist customers with setting up returns and processing refunds as well as communicating with customers via email with order status information.
This is a good place to work if you're in school, but afterwhile, it will get tiring
o Work as a call center agent (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2013
Pros: no dress code, schedule was workable with school.
Cons: cutting of hours randomly, not enough support given to make employees want to stay there
Working at Art.com was an interesting experience, at it has been the only job I have been at for more than a 13 months consecutively. A typical day at work would consist of answering both phone calls and chats, taking orders, re-working orders, and helping out with customer inquiries. The benefits are what keep a lot of people here and enjoying this job. We would get paid bonuses depending on our sales numbers, but the benefits are still the highlight here. The reason I would give job security/advancement one star is although you're secured a job once you convert from temp to permanent, certain things seem to be done to make you quit before they fire you. Management was not the best here due to the difficulty to convey opinions. My co-workers are what made the job semi-enjoyable. The hardest part of the job had to be the mental strain that it can take...being in school and already dealing with that stress, and then the people that you have to deal with on the phone will take it's toll.
Distribution Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Groveport, OHMay 21, 2013
Awesome place to work if you love art
Very productive work environment
Very Challenging place to work
Sr. Oracle Apps Developer (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 18, 2013
A Very Challenging environment to work in and a every day learning experience.
perffect
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2013
all i can say is that I LOVED WORKING THEIR WOULDNT MIND GOING BACK TO RALEIGH AND LIVE AND WORK THEIR. BEST PLACE TO WRK
Busy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: rewards, benefits and paid time off we could earn as a bonus
Cons: always busy, a lot of disgruntled customers around the holidays
I would take anywhere from 70-150 calls per day, just depending on the day and the call volume. Although we were busy most of the time the job did make time for fun events and reward us for our quality monitoring scores and the amount of calls we would handle. We were also recognized and rewarded for the customer satisfaction surveys that our customers would participate in. We did have a high turn over rate so in my 3 years of being there I saw a lot of co-workers come and go.

About Art.com

Need a Van Gogh for the dorm room? How about a Henri Matisse print for the dining area? Art.com has what your walls require. Through – Read more