ARTCO Employee Reviews in United States

good company.
deckhand 3 (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILMarch 17, 2016
Best and highest paid company to work for. Like any company you always have those guys who slip through the cracks and make it past the 90 days. So depending on who you work with it can either be pleasant and enjoyable or absolutely the worst 3 weeks of your life. As far as pay goes it takes about 9 months to make a little less than 200 a day.
Pros
free food, travel pay, good pay and extremely good benefits
Cons
some of the people you work with
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 16, 2016
Terrible and contentious work environment. Long term employees were highly disrespectful and refused to help or teach new employees. Often blames their mistakes on the new people, No accountability, especially in the customer service department among the supervisor and her underlings.
Fun workplace with great Christmas parties.
TILE INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, Ca.September 2, 2015
Working for Artco was very good for me because I really learned a lot of things that I still use in my life now, especially math. I would get jobs to lay tile and stone in million dollar custom homes and have to lay out huge floors.
Inbound sales with a great atmosphere
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 1, 2015
I worked at this location for almost 2 years and it is a great group of people. Management is always trying to help you improve and the people around you help you to feel like family quickly,
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Short opportunities (seasonal hiring) If you are lucky you stay longer.
Industrial Company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 25, 2015
great place and a great group of people to work with. Understanding and considerate. Everyone works together as a team.
productive and challenging
Q.A. Inspector / Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 26, 2014
morning meeting of set schedules for certain departments that needed special attention. The product that was product by artco - bell mainly were school desk learned the process how one was made started as raw material ending with chrome all acessories added then placed in speciale cardboard containers. Coworkers were all male found it intersting and not diffucult at all. The hardest part of my was rejecting the final product . I enjoyed my job very much i was in every department that Artco - Bell had learning many thing to quality control
Pros
monthly employees
Cons
heathcare limited
Great work place
Training Cook/Baker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2014
getting up at 2:00am to prepare the menu for the day start making daily breakfast to be serve at 5:00 am serve meal.Train other cooks when needed take inventory of supplies and order when needed
Pros
only work 6 months a year
Cons
gone for 6 months a year
Dangerous conditions, Unreasonable hours
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2014
Survived being a deckhand for almost a year and a half, sustaining damage to my body, which I didn't report as worker's comp, because I had intentions of moving up to an office position. Transferred to Hillman position on land, which was less taxing, but grossly mis-managed, and included unnecessary exposure to safety hazards due to either negligence or incompetence on the management's part.
Grew tired of coworkers and supervisors who were illiterate.
Pros
money was ok
Cons
illiteracy and incompetance in management
Day at Artco
Mail Insert Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MassachusettsJuly 7, 2013
On a typical day, it was very busy. I learned how to work with others and new teamwork skills. It was a good experience and the co-workers were helpful.
productive
deckhand (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2013
the company i work for now is a great company a typical day is hard to explain because there is really nothing typical about it we never no what the next day holds the hardest part of the job is im gone anywhere from 26 to 34 days at a time sometimes more the most enjoyable thing is im home for anywhere from 26 to 34 days
Pros
home cooked meals every day
Cons
the days out are for the most part long days
This is a great seasonal job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 5, 2013
I was only hired as a seasonal worker and it was a great experience for me. I believe if it would have turned into full time I would have loved it. The staff was very caring even though we were seasonal and the management was aproachable on any level.
Pros
staff, experience.
Cons
low pay, comes with seasonal
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 5, 2012
Enjoyed learning accounting. Great group of people to work for
one of the best companies
Deckhand/ mate (Former Employee) –  st.louis,moOctober 7, 2012
loved the 9 years i worked there mostly ran the upper miss.have ran every major river except missouri.
Seasonal Customer Service
Customer Service Calls (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 7, 2012
I was responsible for taking order entry and customer service calls for the National Wildlife Federation, Brookhollow Cards, and Peartree Greetings.
Pros
laid back, nice customer base.
Cons
low pay.