ARTCO Employee Reviews

Good Company; not much room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 2, 2017
• Assisted an average of 45 customers on a daily basis regarding their purchases and orders
• Trained 10 representatives on how to use various programs and procedures Corresponded with customers and associates using multi-line phones and Microsoft Outlook
Daily work
Dye-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 16, 2017
I would make different size envelopes from a big DIE press. I learned that if you make the right calculations everything comes out the right way. The management was alright. The hardest part about the job was seeing wasted product when the calculation were wrong.
Where my love for the river started.
leadman/mate (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJuly 11, 2017
ARTCO will forever remain my favorite and most memorable place to work. I started there at 18 years old and worked there until i was 23. I grew up at ARTCO and learned everything that I know. The crews that I got to work with became my family.
Pros
Learned everything I know there.
Cons
Management had some issues
Rode for 28 days and off 28 days
Deckineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2017
if was a good job it just sucks being away from you family so long, it was cool to have your own room on some boat, they fed you good at every meal and you worked 6hrs on 6hrs off
Pros
Fed you good
Cons
not that many breaks
Artco
Pilot d (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2017
Great company to work for. They do whatever they can to help you move up in your job. Artco is a barge line company the Drives on safety and trains Their employs to be the best to take can be
good place to work
Deck Hand (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2017
moving barges ,i learned the right way to run a company ,management was good to you ,safety way or no way to work!!,lots of paper work,checks are on time.
Nice place to work
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 22, 2017
My overall experience was positive. Being on phones all day in a cubicle is hard for me, but it was a very friendly work environment with good coworkers and helpful supervisors/management.
Pros
Frendly work enviroment
Cons
Windowless cubicle
nice place to work they always doing something for the employies
Fiberglassor/Labor (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAMarch 14, 2017
everyone get along well, and looking to help others when there work is completed. you can go home when the work is done or you can stay to make your time, and they have a great deal of overtime .
Excellent place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 20, 2017
I was a seasonal employee there. They were good about flexibility and had a competitive hourly rate. Everybody there was respectable and the management was more than willing to help with anything they could.
Good temporary employment
Merchandise Puller (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 20, 2017
I was employed temporarily for the Christmas season as a warehouse merchandise puller. I was payed $8.60/hr. The job was simple and became boring quickly. In my position, there was little opportunity to interact with coworkers because we were all constantly moving through isles to locate and select merchandise.

The job consists of reviewing a printed page with a list of items and their associated ID number which have been ordered online by a customer. Each item has a warehouse location code listed with it. You find the location, pick the item according to its quantity, verify the product ID number and place it in a small tote. Once all items on the order sheet have been gathered, you place the tote on a cart which goes to the shipping department later.

Because of the monotonous nature of the position, I became very bored and was relieved to stop working there. Several times I asked my supervisor if they would teach me another responsibility so I could be of greater assistance, but they said there wasn't anything else for me to do.

This job met my needs, money, but I would seek a different job if you have the opportunity. It is alright for students looking for some money to support themselves. The main reason I didn't like it was that it was boring and I didn't have much interaction with my coworkers.
Great productive workspace
Envelope machine operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, ID 83441December 31, 2016
It was a great place with plenty of opportunities to learn new skills. Very busy and hard working for a seasonal job, good respect for employees. The management could be better but overall being great.
Pros
Good break room
ArtCo
Scoring machine operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 21, 2016
The work environment was by far the most enjoyable aspect of my employment. Both my supervisor ans coworkers were a joy to be around and were also very helpful whenever I had a question or concern.
Pros
Work department activities, such as potlucks.
Cons
Loud work environment.
Drive culture, competitive, and fun.
Business Intern (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 20, 2016
If you are looking for a fast pace environment with great people in a production warehouse, then go to Artco. Great management and over all feeling. Expect to work hard and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
Exciting and thrilling. Great place to learn many things.
Leadman (Current Employee) –  Waggaman, LASeptember 27, 2016
This job is good for people looking to learn a new trade and has many opportunities for advancement. A typical day at word is 12 hours of intense manual labor in the decking department. Management in my opinion is very good and cooperative. The only con is the amount of time you are away from home and the physical aspect is rather exhausting.
Great Career.
Live on Deckhand 3 (Current Employee) –  Cassville, WIJuly 22, 2016
Great job for the bachelor. Advancement great wages and atmosphere. Values safety above all else. Learn many aspects of the job always learning things. Worst and only downfall is being away from home. Co Workers are always the best
Pros
free lunch, rooming, clothes washed.
Cons
away from home
Great solid place to work, friendly knowledeable employees.
Deckineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2016
Great place to work. Artco has great pay, benefits, and abundance of time off. Hard workers have lots of room for advancement. Would recommend to others
Pros
Meals, lodging, laundary, and travel reimbursement 6 months off, pay
Cons
Being away from home 26-34 days a trip
good company.
deckhand 3 (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILMarch 17, 2016
Best and highest paid company to work for. Like any company you always have those guys who slip through the cracks and make it past the 90 days. So depending on who you work with it can either be pleasant and enjoyable or absolutely the worst 3 weeks of your life. As far as pay goes it takes about 9 months to make a little less than 200 a day.
Pros
free food, travel pay, good pay and extremely good benefits
Cons
some of the people you work with
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 16, 2016
Terrible and contentious work environment. Long term employees were highly disrespectful and refused to help or teach new employees. Often blames their mistakes on the new people, No accountability, especially in the customer service department among the supervisor and her underlings.
Fun workplace with great Christmas parties.
TILE INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, Ca.September 2, 2015
Working for Artco was very good for me because I really learned a lot of things that I still use in my life now, especially math. I would get jobs to lay tile and stone in million dollar custom homes and have to lay out huge floors.
Inbound sales with a great atmosphere
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 1, 2015
I worked at this location for almost 2 years and it is a great group of people. Management is always trying to help you improve and the people around you help you to feel like family quickly,
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Short opportunities (seasonal hiring) If you are lucky you stay longer.