Artech Information Systems L.L.C. Employee Reviews in United States

Review
IT Specialist, HP NGEN Project, Camp Lejeune (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJune 28, 2016
A typical day was started at 8 AM with a meeting about the workload and priorities of the day. We head home around 430 PM each day. While I was employed I learned a great deal about remote administration in the Windows environment, as well as configuring User accounts and network resources within Active Directory. Artech is a contracting firm. The only communication I had with management was when they changed the terms of my contract and wanted to pay me less. I did not have any fellow Artech employees working with me. The hardest part of the job was being discouraged from finding solutions to base wide computer problems. One time I was actually told that a certain platform would not be of concern several months down the road so do not worry about employing a fix for the end User. Easily, the most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the customer say their computer has never run so well after you've worked your magic.
Pros
Artech pays on time
Cons
No benefits
I was a contract employee
Benefits Systems Production Support Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 27, 2016
I was a contract employee for 2 years. I was disappointed that I never heard a word near the end of my contract about other contract possibilities. After 2 years I thought that maybe they would like to pick me up on another contact for another company in the area since they were familiar with my work. I had discussed it with the main office 4 or 5 months earlier but I never heard another word about it. I really enjoyed working with Artech, I would work for them again.
Excellent services
Sr Technician (Former Employee) –  NewJune 21, 2016
Perform to Support Medical-Perfusion System production floor, Engineer projects, conducts preventive maintenance on all equipment to help people to find the jobs.
Very professional and helpful
Migration Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2016
They are very professional and helpful in their field. They are very informative and knowledgeable in order to reach their goals on time.
Pros
Very professional and helpful
Cons
Very knowledgeable in their field.
Professional, Enjoyable staff, supportive
Project Manager Compliance and Risk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
Professional, Enjoyable staff, supportive. This is a recruiting and staffing agency with a strong relationship with the client.
Great company
Windows System Administrator/Security Focus (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 20, 2016
Artech is a great employer. They always support their employees and help employees grow and learn.

They could do better when it comes to their quickness to respond, but it's understandable since they have such a high number of employees.

A typical day consists of supporting the client and ensuring you're available for any concerns or needs that may need to be addressed immediately.
Great contract position through Artech Information Systems
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS ASSISTANT - contractor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ (worked in Washington, DC)April 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Harley-Davidson for the CEO with Artech. I learned new computer skills and utilized the skills I had in preparing PowerPoint presentations and handling other special projects on a daily basis.

My supervisor was awesome and the hardest part of the job was leaving due to budget cuts. I would consider another contract with Artech again!
Pros
Great assignments
Cons
contracts are not guaranteed to last forever
Overall Good Company
Engineering Technician I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 18, 2016
Good contracting agency. The company does a really good job the first time you gain a contract through them. They took good care of me when i needed anything or had any concerns. The only (sole) disappointment is that after my contract was complete, I was no longer able to get responses from the local recruiters to find additional contracts for work.
Pros
Benefits is competitive, Quick responses
Cons
After contract ends there's no response from local Recruiters.
Great company to work for always available for any issues that arise.
Tier III Field Services (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJMarch 23, 2016
My job site was located in Washington D.C. both the company was located in New Jersey. I was able to communicate effectively with the base office to meet any of my needs.
Pros
Great ability to communicate effectively.
Cons
No face to face communications with employer.
Great experience
Benefit Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 21, 2016
Katrina did take care of my working needs, she was always willing to hear what I had to voice, as well as understanding any personal situation.
Good company to work for.
SYSTEM MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 16, 2016
I went back to where I belonged with Artech. I went back to IBM and flourished with people I had worked with before, was welcomed back and contributed immediately.
Pros
My shift and co-workers.
Cons
None.
great co-workers, management could be better
full time employee (Current Employee) –  CorporateMarch 16, 2016
If you work at Artech, you have to believe in yourself because management can make you question your abilities. People are underpaid for the amount of work that is expected of them.

I think they need to appreciate their employees more. I have seen too many good people leave and management doesn't seem to care.

I wish management would listen to its employees. For example, there are managers who aren't totally present when you meet with them. They are either too busy answering emails, doing work in front of you, which makes you feel completely disrespected.

Co-workers are great. The job itself is enjoyable, but they need to provide more resources so people don't have to do other people's jobs, which affects the job that they were hired for in the first place.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
management needs to appreciate employees, better pay
good
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCMarch 13, 2016
Good place to work Just watch your pay. they give you really good oppertnities. working at great places like the pentagon and Nasa.
Challenging Work Enviroment
Senior Information Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Work days are typically 10 to 12 hours per day. Learned healthcare version of project management. Co-workers are helpful. Hardest part of the job is the drive (distance). Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what I produce for the healthcare provider is towards the service for the patients.
Pros
Flexiable work schedule
Cons
Many meetings to attend at Kaiser
never been there the are out of NJ
Manufacturing Tech (Former Employee) –  Artech in New Jersey im located in PhoenixJanuary 10, 2016
contract position 1 year contract.
reps respond fast to issues.
at the end of my contract they had no work for me and told me good luck
Distribution and Logistics Business Analyst
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 9, 2016
Distribution and Logistics Analyst. Evaluate Customer requests and identify requirements to connect to IBMs World Wide Distrbution System Provide requirements to IBM Development Staff.
Pros
Work from home on IBM supplied Laptop
Cons
No Paid Time off, No Paid Holidays, Sick time, Vacation Under contract
no comment
Test Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 23, 2015
Don't really have anything to say about this company, Just one of the many contracting agencies that make it hard to get a job as a full time employee.
Long term development contract that became a short support role.
Sr. Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 21, 2015
I ensured end of day (EOD) processes completed properly.
Investigated and corrected promotions that were abending or lost.
Corrected and deployed price fixes for the system and/or individual stores. I enjoyed working with the people; wish the contract was longer and that new development was done.
Pros
Nice compensation
Cons
Client was indecisive.
Placement in the IT Field
Tier 2 Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 13, 2015
I really give HIGH Praise for Artech and the staff member there placing me with a IT Job will IBM. I really love my job and I'm working in the area which I'm proud to be part of. I say Thank You to Artech
Pros
Excellent Job Placement
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 1, 2015
I started in the printing business here, Started as a jogger and learned every position on a web offset printing press including press operator. It was a sad day when they closed there doors. This company used to be western publishing company then golden books and then artech printing.