Arthritis Foundation Employee Reviews

Downsizing compant
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
No profit company had to downsize. Room for growth, manager very approachable. Increase in pay structure should be reviewed. Staff available and encouraged career growth.
Too focused on sales / fundraising, not providing necessary staff or constituent support.
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Turning into just simply a fundraising organization, rather than a supporting organization for patients with arthritis. Not understanding the constituents, their information, turning away families with JA, etc.
Easy Workplace
Cleaning lady (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 14, 2017
This job was easy and fast pace. I would come in once a week to clean the offices by taking out the trash, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the carpets, and sipping down the counters.
Pros
one a week
Stressful events job
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  local officeNovember 29, 2017
Enjoyed working with my team but overall the organization was poorly managed and expectations were too high for the marketplace. The organization is not well known and little energy is put into making the Foundation a household name. The organization is run by micromanagers too busy being stuck in the weeds to make an impact locally.
Great place to work!
Regional Vice President of Development (Former Employee) –  Mid Atlantic RegionOctober 30, 2017
Great leadership and a great staff working as a team to help those suffering with arthritis in the Mid Atlantic Region serving Delaware through South Carolina.
Pros
Ability to travel in the region
Excellent
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working at The Arthritis Foundation and sitting at a desk and answering telephone calls and also stuffing envelopes for specials events.
Pros
I really enjoyed the people and the work
Cons
It was temporary
Great volunteers
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 12, 2017
Working for the Arthritis Foundation was a good experience. Great volunteers. There was a lot of turnover within the organization, which doesn't help with employee morale.
Summary
Project Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Working at the Arthritis Foundation has been a great experience. I've gained knowledge in accounting, project management and analyzing data. The workplace culture is relaxed and flexible. The hardest part of the job was learning accounting terminology, understanding statement of activities and revenue/expense coding. After taking basic accounting courses and learning from accounting representatives has allowed me to excel in my role.

The most enjoyable part of the job is project management. I was able to create new dashboards, project plans and tools to accomplish my tasks. I have the opportunity to work with internal stakeholders to complete deliverables. In addition, I have built relationships with sponsors/clients to meet goals and objectives.
Volunteer Position
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
The Arthritis Foundation is a fantastic organization reaching out to adults and children alike afflicted with any type of inflammatory disease. There are over 300,000 children with some type of arthritis.
Not a lot of diversity
Staff (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2017
I worked for this foundation for many years. Arthritis is a disease that has many different faces. While working at this foundation, there was a lack of diversity with the staff. Especially in the area of Executive Director. Just go to the website. This saddens me because I come from a family of diversity and until working st this company worked with companies that were diverse.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Lack of diversity
Great job if you love fundraising
Market Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2017
Very fast paced, multitasking type position especially in event mode. Required a lot of skill set to process the work thru many systems and meeting deadlines. Utilized interpersonal skills to work with our donors, participants, volunteers and internal an external customers.
Pros
Working for a great mission in hopes of a cure of arthritis. Great benefits.
Cons
Challenge of fundraising and creating and maintaining relationships.
For a Good Cause
President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 8, 2017
The foundation raised money and did events up until the national office pulled the charter in 1999. The job was fun and fulfilling while it lasted. Working with Nationals was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
positive eviroment and cause to cure
Cons
competetive, lost charter
Internship
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2016
Great experience. Got to be creative and work with a great staff. Average work day was from 8-4 with a lunch in between. A lot of phone calls being made. Worked in a cubical in a very quiet office.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid
good doing something different everday
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
It was good for me to be in a business like environment and being able professional people. Not knowing what was going to be on my To Do list for that day was fun.
Pros
interacting with all the employees
Cons
short breaks
Micromanaging
Health Education & Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2016
I was an intern, but I still have friends from there who have only complained about the management and controversial issues. Not much work-life balance either.
Pros
Great Hospital / environment
Very good
Event/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 29, 2016
Enjoyed helping people! Staff was great. Very flexible when it came to family and work life balance. Stayed busy without micromanagement.
Pros
the employees and upper management built a family relationship
Cons
some weekends and late nights required periodically
Rewarding job helping those living with arthritis
Community Development Manager, full-time (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 5, 2016
Fast paced work environment helping constituents by raising revenue from corporations, foundations and individual supporters. Patience, determination and compassion are key to success.
Supportive colleagues who never failed to help each other.
Community Engagement Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2016
The Arthritis Foundation offered many opportunities to use my skills in new ways that benefited people with arthritis. No day was the same! New challenges were always around the corner. My colleagues were not only supportive, but willing to help out whenever needed.
Great place to work and I have gained a lot of experience in managing.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2016
Managed logistics and coordinated mass mailing for major fundraising events. Maintained office equipment and service contracts. Multitasked and worked within deadlines to accomplish overall objectives and projects.
Pros
Attended Charity Gala Events
Cons
Healthcare
Opportunity to positively impact the lives of adults, and children with rheumatic diseases
Director of Community Engagement (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
personal and professional growth
expanded my network
work with a purpose

opportunity to positively impact the lives of adults, and children with rheumatic diseases