Arthritis Foundation Employee Reviews

Opportunity to positively impact the lives of adults, and children with rheumatic diseases
Director of Community Engagement (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
personal and professional growth
expanded my network
work with a purpose

opportunity to positively impact the lives of adults, and children with rheumatic diseases
An Enjoyable Workplace at your Pace
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be nice and calm, a bit slow, but overall easy and relaxing. Everyone does their own thing, and there are never any interruptions unless coworkers had to discuss certain things with the information the company shared with its employees. Throughout my work, it taught me how to very organized, well paced, and friendly to other people who I came across with during long hours of volunteer work. My coworkers are very friendly and helpful when I'm not sure what to do with a certain task, and will go over the guidelines with simply techniques in order for everyone to get their job done. Doing the work wasn't so hard, but getting it all organized, filled out, and making sure all the pamphlets were in the right boxes before they got shipped wasn't too bad, but took a lot of time to get done. Finally, for the best part of my work experience, I was able to work at my own pace so everything was done completely. It helped me to be more organized with the guidelines I was talked through by my supervisors, and overall, I got to be surrounded by great people who always helped me when I was stuck, but showed great teamwork so every could play their part to provide great customer service.
Pros
very friendly staff, customers, and service
Cons
slow work environment
volunteer position
office help/ volunteer (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 7, 2015
Worked as a volunteer for 2 hrs a week. loved to work with them..energetic and helpful co-workers. Helped with excel file uploads and maintaining and updating new information about future and present clients.
fun workplace great coworkers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 30, 2015
typical day in the office answering the phones, filing, and referring people to new doctors. fun, supportive manager. great coworkers
Pros
great connections
Cons
no health plan
A fulfilling career allowing me to utilize my skill set and work in my community making life-long connections
Executive Director - ND & SD (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work involved responding to e-mails, data analysis and report generation, customer interactions, relationship building, fundraising, mentoring staff, conference calls with management, developing budgets and insuring both states stay within budget.

During my time with the Arthritis Foundation I increased my knowledge of fundraising and about arthritis and what people with arthritis go through.

I managed 2 states and staff and volunteers I both states, which included board of directors and committee volunteers.

My co-workers are an energetic, creative group and we have a lot of fun together allowing us to network and brainstorm with each other insuring that our staff in all states are treated equally and they all receive the same direction on their job goals.

The hardest part of the job is to work remotely. It is sometimes difficult not being able to walk across the room to ask a question or confer with a peer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others and working for a great organization. I truly love my job which makes it easy to sell the organization and to ask for money.
Pros
relationship building in my community, mentoring others, working for an organization that i truly believe in
Cons
a non-profit organization so compensation is always low.
Arthritis Foundation
Community Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 24, 2014
The Arthritis Foundation is a wonderful place for career development. At a smaller non-profit, an employee is able to develop many different types of skills and gain responsibility quickly.
Meeting different people
Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 25, 2014
Data entry, accounts payable/receivable, managing and updating accounts, help plan special events, work with doctors, orthopedic groups.

I learned that there are over 300,000 kid in this country with arthritis.7,500 in Virginia.

Co-workers very supportive.
Hardest part of the job meeting a 12 month old who has arthritis. Enjoyable part meeting and working with kids with arthritis and meeting their families. Putting on kids events to show them they are not the only kid with arthritis.
Pros
web site was alway updated with the latest information
Cons
company did not advertise enough
Great organization
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2014
Hard working colleagues working together for a true cause. Reorganization however has taken its toll on many folks unfortunately.
productive and skill set fit the criteria
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2014
Analyzed P/R, A/R, A/P, for nine chapters around the Georgia areas. Discussed issues with vendors. Closed monthly and prepared for audits.
Pros
gained vital knowledge
Cons
the national office downsized
Non Profit
Interactive Team (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaAugust 27, 2014
Hard working and dedicated employees, dedicated to finding a cure for Arthritis.
Making changes in peoples lives
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2014
Amazing organization. Always putting the community in first place. working hard to help all in need.
Pleasant calming work enviroment
DE Chapter Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareJuly 2, 2014
Loved the opportunity to work with such dedicated volunteers and positive staff my learning experience was a very positive one.
Pros
supportive volunteers and staff
Cons
small staff
Ok place to work
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Very very corporate and sometimes stifling environment. No dress down Fridays. Very routine.
Pros
beautiful office
Cons
formal business attire every day
good work and life balance
CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2014
Not much job advancement but excellent work and life balance
great company
JRA Clinic Asst (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 5, 2014
This is an awesome agency to work for. I loved the volunteer work as well.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
Productive place to work and help people!
Volunteer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Great people to work with, you never know who you will meet. I had a great time being a volunteer and helping others with Arthritis. They had fun events that took hard work to plan, work, and organize. Everyone worked as a team and put in 110% each time, every day!
Pros
lunch meetings, and possibilities of meeting celebrities, helping others
Cons
no permanent jobs
Great place to learn Public Relations
Public Relations Internship (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2014
Grassroots style work with rewarding payoff. Planned events and wrote public service announcements for those events.
Excellent non-profit organization, at the tail end of major changes
Community Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 29, 2013
This organization has undergone many changes since 2011 and things are starting to really fall into place. Fundraising events are exceeding their budgets and the programs are reaching far into the community. The atmosphere at the office in Hilliard is welcoming, warm, and friendly. There is a great balance between hard work and enjoying time with your coworkers, especially for those who get their work done and are successful. The majority of the organization is females 35 and younger. Compensation is lower than one would expect but that is due to the transition and tight budgets. I anticipate that will change within the next few years. Insurance is fantastic for a single individual (little out of pocket cost), but expensive to add a family member. Vacation/Sick time is managed through PTO. All employees are expected to lend a hand throughout the year at fundraising events and programs.
I enjoyed working here for the most part
Help Desk / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaMay 29, 2013
I enjoyed working here for the most part. However my department was not family friendly and the benefits were not that good.
Pros
free food in the break room at times
Cons
company did not pay for any overtime
A place to grow, working on progress
Senior Director Talent Management and State Policy (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 20, 2013
The AF is very focused on the right issues within their organization. I met many kind and savvy people looking to make a difference.
Pros
advocacy
Cons
change management is difficult