Arthritis Foundation Employee Reviews

For a Good Cause
President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 8, 2017
The foundation raised money and did events up until the national office pulled the charter in 1999. The job was fun and fulfilling while it lasted. Working with Nationals was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
positive eviroment and cause to cure
Cons
competetive, lost charter
Internship
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2016
Great experience. Got to be creative and work with a great staff. Average work day was from 8-4 with a lunch in between. A lot of phone calls being made. Worked in a cubical in a very quiet office.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid
good doing something different everday
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
It was good for me to be in a business like environment and being able professional people. Not knowing what was going to be on my To Do list for that day was fun.
Pros
interacting with all the employees
Cons
short breaks
Micromanaging
Health Education & Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2016
I was an intern, but I still have friends from there who have only complained about the management and controversial issues. Not much work-life balance either.
Pros
Great Hospital / environment
Very good
Event/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 29, 2016
Enjoyed helping people! Staff was great. Very flexible when it came to family and work life balance. Stayed busy without micromanagement.
Pros
the employees and upper management built a family relationship
Cons
some weekends and late nights required periodically
Rewarding job helping those living with arthritis
Community Development Manager, full-time (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 5, 2016
Fast paced work environment helping constituents by raising revenue from corporations, foundations and individual supporters. Patience, determination and compassion are key to success.
Supportive colleagues who never failed to help each other.
Community Engagement Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2016
The Arthritis Foundation offered many opportunities to use my skills in new ways that benefited people with arthritis. No day was the same! New challenges were always around the corner. My colleagues were not only supportive, but willing to help out whenever needed.
Great place to work and I have gained a lot of experience in managing.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2016
Managed logistics and coordinated mass mailing for major fundraising events. Maintained office equipment and service contracts. Multitasked and worked within deadlines to accomplish overall objectives and projects.
Pros
Attended Charity Gala Events
Cons
Healthcare
Opportunity to positively impact the lives of adults, and children with rheumatic diseases
Director of Community Engagement (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
personal and professional growth
expanded my network
work with a purpose

opportunity to positively impact the lives of adults, and children with rheumatic diseases
An Enjoyable Workplace at your Pace
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be nice and calm, a bit slow, but overall easy and relaxing. Everyone does their own thing, and there are never any interruptions unless coworkers had to discuss certain things with the information the company shared with its employees. Throughout my work, it taught me how to very organized, well paced, and friendly to other people who I came across with during long hours of volunteer work. My coworkers are very friendly and helpful when I'm not sure what to do with a certain task, and will go over the guidelines with simply techniques in order for everyone to get their job done. Doing the work wasn't so hard, but getting it all organized, filled out, and making sure all the pamphlets were in the right boxes before they got shipped wasn't too bad, but took a lot of time to get done. Finally, for the best part of my work experience, I was able to work at my own pace so everything was done completely. It helped me to be more organized with the guidelines I was talked through by my supervisors, and overall, I got to be surrounded by great people who always helped me when I was stuck, but showed great teamwork so every could play their part to provide great customer service.
Pros
very friendly staff, customers, and service
Cons
slow work environment
volunteer position
office help/ volunteer (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 7, 2015
Worked as a volunteer for 2 hrs a week. loved to work with them..energetic and helpful co-workers. Helped with excel file uploads and maintaining and updating new information about future and present clients.
fun workplace great coworkers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 30, 2015
typical day in the office answering the phones, filing, and referring people to new doctors. fun, supportive manager. great coworkers
Pros
great connections
Cons
no health plan
A fulfilling career allowing me to utilize my skill set and work in my community making life-long connections
Executive Director - ND & SD (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work involved responding to e-mails, data analysis and report generation, customer interactions, relationship building, fundraising, mentoring staff, conference calls with management, developing budgets and insuring both states stay within budget.

During my time with the Arthritis Foundation I increased my knowledge of fundraising and about arthritis and what people with arthritis go through.

I managed 2 states and staff and volunteers I both states, which included board of directors and committee volunteers.

My co-workers are an energetic, creative group and we have a lot of fun together allowing us to network and brainstorm with each other insuring that our staff in all states are treated equally and they all receive the same direction on their job goals.

The hardest part of the job is to work remotely. It is sometimes difficult not being able to walk across the room to ask a question or confer with a peer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others and working for a great organization. I truly love my job which makes it easy to sell the organization and to ask for money.
Pros
Relationship Building in my community, mentoring others, working for an organization that I truly believe in
Cons
A non-profit organization so compensation is always low.
Arthritis Foundation
Community Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 24, 2014
The Arthritis Foundation is a wonderful place for career development. At a smaller non-profit, an employee is able to develop many different types of skills and gain responsibility quickly.
Meeting different people
Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 25, 2014
Data entry, accounts payable/receivable, managing and updating accounts, help plan special events, work with doctors, orthopedic groups.

I learned that there are over 300,000 kid in this country with arthritis.7,500 in Virginia.

Co-workers very supportive.
Hardest part of the job meeting a 12 month old who has arthritis. Enjoyable part meeting and working with kids with arthritis and meeting their families. Putting on kids events to show them they are not the only kid with arthritis.
Pros
web site was alway updated with the latest information
Cons
company did not advertise enough
Great organization
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2014
Hard working colleagues working together for a true cause. Reorganization however has taken its toll on many folks unfortunately.
productive and skill set fit the criteria
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2014
Analyzed P/R, A/R, A/P, for nine chapters around the Georgia areas. Discussed issues with vendors. Closed monthly and prepared for audits.
Pros
gained vital knowledge
Cons
the national office downsized
Non Profit
Interactive Team (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaAugust 27, 2014
Hard working and dedicated employees, dedicated to finding a cure for Arthritis.
Making changes in peoples lives
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2014
Amazing organization. Always putting the community in first place. working hard to help all in need.
Pleasant calming work enviroment
DE Chapter Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareJuly 2, 2014
Loved the opportunity to work with such dedicated volunteers and positive staff my learning experience was a very positive one.
Pros
Supportive volunteers and staff
Cons
small staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arthritis Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3