Arthur J Gallagher & Co Employee Reviews in United States

No advancement, horrible benefits and poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2016
No room for growth even when told growth was availabke. They hold 401k employer contributions until end of the year so if you resign in the middle of a year, you don't get any 401k employer contributions. Pays below average with other brokers and refuse to hire more staff. Management poor and favors younger employees. Acquire a lot of companies but don't give back to employees.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Low pay, horrible benefits, poor managment, overwork employees
A lot of finger pointing and lack of guidance
Lead IDM .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 13, 2016
Have been on a contract position there and so far have loved the team I was working with. The only thing is that I am rather new to the IDM world and the application they were using for their identity management.

There has been 0 guidance since day one. The fellow engineer who was supposed to train me doesn't know how to train. The one that does know doesn't share information well and if you ask too many questions you get berated by the manager.
run away
P&C (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 24, 2016
the pay does not make up for the lack of leadership and direction. Nothing is done ethically. Unlicensed employees are checking client policies. morale is lacking. co-workers are ok for the most part. Some are the "pets" of management. It's like walking into the hunger games everyday. Agents belittle staff. Management belittles staff. do not sell your soul for more $$.
Mis-management- Stay away
UW/Broker (Former Employee) –  West CoastApril 4, 2016
I worked as an uw/broker on west coast in a small satellite office. Home office to west coast out of Scottsdale and everyone on west coast reports to the same boss in Scottsdale. She is out of touch with the satellite offices. The support is not there and she relies too much on the person who has been at that office the longest to be her eyes and ears, even though they are not in management. This person was dishonest and did not report truthful information to our boss. This was due to insecurity, felt threatened, ego, negative attitude, a miserable person in general. Horrible to work with and no support from boss or HR.
Pros
Cons
Negativity, Dishonesty, No Support from Boss or HR
Very Demanding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 15, 2016
For an 8 hour days with of work, we are expected to do a lot of task. For example we have to answer emails that go into our general email. We also have to answer the phones and help customer with any questions or on line issues they are having. In addition we have to do our accounting job which includes AP and AR.
Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
A great ethical company that has a throwback seller's mentality at bringing in new business. Management seems to truly care about a person's success in the company but at the end of the day only really cares about one thing: money.
Pros
Strong connections and network
Cons
Integration among different branches needs improvement
Excellent employer. All issues have been on the table for all to see
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
All people here are very well educated and most all have a vey keen sense of humor. Management is open, compromising and will hear all slides of an issue before jumping to conclusions. Co workers are very well adjusted, however, pay is an issue in some cases, but not in mine.
I have not heard a cross word spoken in the five years I have been at this specific location.
Simply a job, nothing more...
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 30, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 2 years. The only positive thing about this place was the majority of my co-workers. The culture of this place is disgusting and most of the workers are miserable unless you're one of the producers making tons of money on sales. The account managers were severely over worked, underpaid and mistreated. There is pretty much no room for advancement whatsoever. I have never been so depressed in my life as I was the last 6 months at this miserable job. Glad to have left it behind recently. Stay away!!
Pros
Co-Workers, occasional free food
Cons
Expensive/high deductible healthcare plans, micromanagement, high turn over rates, little to no training, constantly changing systems, etc.
Flexible
Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2016
Flexible work schedules. However, for a Fortune 500 company, the benefits have been dwindling, expensive for minimal care. Their wellness program also doesn't give good incentives compared to other companies.
Great Company
Broker Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2016
Sit all day doing policy checks, lots of paperwork, lots of research and figuring out where discrepancies came from.
Learned how to create proposals from scratch.
Management seemed to really care.
Co-workers were excellent at explaining things and helping me learn and grow.
Making sure to not miss any details.
All of the paperwork!
Pros
They don't micro-manage
Cons
only high deductible health plans
Professional work environment
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 18, 2016
Working alongside Property and Casualty professionals on prospecting, customer relationship, account management, and risk management.
Broker Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 24, 2016
Great Company with a passion for bettering the community around them and enhancing the knowledge and professionalism of their company and staff.
Review Summary
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAMay 18, 2016
A typical day includes working with multiple clients (15+ a day), processing renewals, certificates, accounting, and over all account maintenance.
Bad Benefits
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 19, 2016
This company over works you for terrible benefits, even worst yearly compensations. I recommend you look for other better companies.
Ajg
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2016
Good people - hard to define growth in career and path
Company lacks structure
No real training - work at your own pace, management typically works remote
Research Analyst
HR Executive Compensation Consulting Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Worked near Park Avenue, usually worked on a mass project that required going through SEC filings for many companies. Seniority sometimes gave us other responsibilities depending on workload.
People
Producer Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 8, 2016
The employees that work at Arthur J Gallagher are good people. They are committed to their craft and helping the company.
Great Job - Challenging Position
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 18, 2015
Recruited by Gallagher for the marketing of middle market to large commercial accounts with specialty expertise in higher education and construction.

Collect the appropriate information necessary for the quoting process from the client (new or renewal), prepare the submission to be sent to the carriers, email submissions to the carriers. Follow up, communicate & negotiate premium with underwriters. Prepare formal proposal to the client.

Produce New Business, in addition to my marketing role, I also produced new business, binding over 1M in new account premium.
Pros
Developing client & agency relationships, the negotiation process, mentoring less experienced employees.
Cons
Laid off when the agency principles who hired me left Gallagher with their book of business.
Duplicate Review
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 29, 2016
please see other reviews that have been submitted as they are mostly in line with one another.......
Great Place to Work
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMarch 21, 2016
AJG great place to work. Management is great and very supportive as well as co-workers. The benefits are great, alot of perks working for AJG.
Cons
Too far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arthur J Gallagher & Co. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7