Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world
This position reports to the Accounts Payable Manager. As an Accounts Payable Specialist this position is responsible for payable processes related to premiums to Insurance markets, commission payment to brokers, return premiums to clients, market relations, timely discrepancy resolution and other accounting functions with an emphasis on customer service, research and analysis and complex problem resolution. Communicate and work closely with the Off-Shore Team.
- Serve as primary contact with assigned insurance markets; focus on expedient resolution of billing discrepancies, obtain missing carrier invoices/statements from Insurance markets/branches in order to achieve three-way-match status and timely disbursement.
- Demonstrate working competency in utilizing various agency management systems such as EPIC, TAM, Sagitta, AMS-360, AFW, AIM and any additionally acquired/assigned agency management systems.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Corporate Financial Policy, BSD Policy and Departmental Procedures
- Demonstrate understanding and proficiency with Repository of Carrier Knowledge (RoCK).
- Complete pre-month-end and month-end processes, duties, exhibits and reports as assigned including but not limited to FPM required reports.
- Develop close working relationships with markets, producers, CSRs and those who you must partner with in order to achieve your position goals.
- Partner with Off-Shore team in order to execute all steps in the payables process.
- Request invoices and supporting documents from carriers/branches in a timely fashion; follow-up until received or escalated in accordance with procedure.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Analyze research and resolve problems.
- Thoroughly review disbursement packages for accuracy prior to check preparation.
- Provide direct support to the Manager of Accounts Payable and the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist as requested.
- Participate in and support all related and cross-functional initiatives
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Maintain accounting support files.
- Support and implement process efficiencies.
- Participate in tasks as assigned for conversion, merger and acquisition integration as they relate to the accounts payable process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Knowledge
- High School diploma required; some accounting-related college courses preferred.
- Minimum 2 years accounts payable or similar accounting process experience.
- Minimum 2 years of insurance brokerage accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word.
- Agency management system experience strongly desired.
Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
Indeed - 10 months ago