Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world
This position reports to the Manager of Accounts Receivable and is responsible for cash application and direct bill receipts. Provide support to Manager of Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions with an emphasis on customer service, research, analysis and problem resolution. Communicate and work closely with the Off-Shore Team.
- Assist in resolution of cash application
- Resolve direct bill suspense account items in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in obtaining statements, checks and supporting information from insurance markets for Off-Shore Team as needed.
- Prepare detailed client account analysis as requested.
- Issue outstanding credit notifications and bring outstanding credits to final resolution.
- Determine appropriate disposition of checks received in the accounting center.
- Monitor, analyze and release credits on account in accordance with policy requirements.
- Monitor and clear unapplied cash suspense accounts in accordance with the Finance Policy Manual.
- Monitor bank accounts and assist Off-Shore Team cash application team with complicated cash receipts, wires and ACH’s.
- Process all ACH’s as necessary. Comply with all corporate policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Analyze research and resolve problems.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Participate in tasks as assigned for conversion, merger and acquisition integration.
- Provide direct support to Manager of Accounts Receivable with tasks as required.
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Develop, validate and revise written procedures for processes within the department.
- Maintain accounting support files.
- Support and implement process efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Knowledge
- High School diploma required. Some college courses preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of accounts receivable or similar accounting process experience.
- Minimum 2 years insurance brokerage accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word.
- Agency management system experience highly preferred.
Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment