Arthur J. Gallagher & Co Employee Reviews

Stressful line of work
Senior Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 21, 2017
My co-workers were wonderful and telecommuting was great for family life, but the caseloads were too high and expectations from management were unreasonable.There was favoritism in the office which decreased any possibility for advancement. The pay was much lower then the industry average.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Low pay and lack of advancement.
Work experience
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAAugust 17, 2017
The management at Arthur J Gallagher needs improvement with handling and coaching their employee as well as give them the tools needed to complete their task in a timely fashion.

The Company is improving and perhaps will develop into a world class TPA.
Benefits
Resolution Manager
Senior Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 15, 2017
Commercial, Auto and GL claims. Very busy desk, no down time. They allow teleworking. Hardest part is keeping up with the load. Best part is the friends I've made.
Gallagher is a good place to work
Claim Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 15, 2017
Gallagher has limited advancement from a Supervisory role.
Working as a supervisor at Gallagher Bassett is rewarding in the opportunity to mold new adjuster talent.
Pros
Working from home occasionally
Cons
Work life balance
Productive and flexible place to work
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 11, 2017
AJG has been very accomodating to my work schedule and I am able to work from home.
The work I do at AJG entails the day to day operations of a multi million dollar real estate insurance program with over 500 accounts. I am responsible for the underwriting and policy issuance of all the policies within this program.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Healthcare premiums too high.
Sweat Shop
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 10, 2017
To many hours required to get the job done. Pendings too high for 1 person to manage. Pressure to be perfect from upper management not achievable. Micro management by direct and indirect manager.
Pros
Cons
too many to count
work
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 10, 2017
honestly a place where if you do your job they will be pleased with you contribution. Management appreciates my hard work and willingness to take on any task given to me. very micromanaged
Hard working Company
Senior Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 9, 2017
My review I will keep to my self I will not say anything about this company. What I was promised and for what I did their I never was treated so unfairly, That's all I want to say
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Questinaable
I enjoy working with Gallagher Basset because I got help people to be their best.
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2017
My day consist of communicating with injured workers, employers, clients, doctors offices, legal counsel, WC State Agency to find the best ways to manage the claim
I learned working collaboratively all involved leads to a better outcome.
Having a management team is important to maintaining the balance of inspiring and motivating while guiding results.
Not being able make everyone happy all the time.
I really enjoy working with people.
A solid well-known insurance company
Senior Claims Representative and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 1, 2017
Company provides opportunities to gain knowledge and for growth. Management was fair and supportive. One can gain experience by working with various clients and have opportunities for learning. The work requires one to be organized, focused and have strong negotiation skills.
Good place for the complacent
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2017
If you want something steady and consistent, this a great place to be. You will usually work a lot of hours but the workflow is strong thus providing a sense of job security.
Arthur J. Gallagher Review
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJuly 30, 2017
My overall experience has been good as a first job out of college. I think there is a lack of communication from the management down to other positions. A large majority of the workforce has been extremely helpful and willing to help train and provide advice when asked.
Pros
Freedom, work schedule, ability to work from home
Cons
Benefits, communication
Ethical company with no room for advancement
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2017
Fine for transition but ready for move. Local management was terrible and lead to over 60 percent turnover. Very unprofessional and Human Resources involvemnent.
Poor communication and very stressful
Technical Assistant - Work Comp Dept. (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2017
Upper management does not communicate with the workers. There is favoritism toward certain people who always bend the rules. Best part is it is a very busy job and the day goes by fast.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Favoritsm
Professional and Family Oriented
Employee Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 11, 2017
Management is extremely supportive. Very ethical and professional organization. Tremendous resources available for personal and professional development. I would highly recommend the organization to others.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, family oriented
Cons
Corporate so sometimes slow movement on items
Productive and knowledgable with flexibility
Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2017
Overall, excellent experience. Workload distribution was not always distributed equally on a consistent basis but was fair greater than 90% of the time. There is a generous amount of time off (PTO), however, inadequate back-up to workload which caused an increased amount of stress upon return. This in turn was a deterrent in taking time off. Excellent teamwork among co-workers on a day to day basis.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Generous Time Off
Cons
No Back Up Plans, Excessive Workloads, Lack of jurisdictional training
highly stressful; repetitive; no respect for client service
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2017
As an account manager for large commercial risk management accounts, service should be paramount but was not at Gallagher. All they wanted was data processing to achieve their corporate goals and structure. They had absolutely no respect for client service.
Pros
fairly good pay
Cons
all emphasis was on policies and procedures; none on client service
Run, the other way!
Senior Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 6, 2017
Upper mgmnt has no clue how things work in CA. Would never recommend this company to anyone. (And that's coming from a manager!) go to Geico, Mercury, anywhere else but here.
Pros
Worked to support sales agent
Account Manager s (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 6, 2017
My typical day was working with the existing client base to retain their business and support the sales agent with quoting new business and creating renewal summaries.
Pros
Worked Independantly
Cons
No room for advancement
great pcompany to work for!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2017
Great company, with great people. Strives to give their employees a nice work life balance while focusing on a career path tailored to the individual employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9