Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world.
This position is responsible for all elements of Trade Accounts Payable including monitoring and controls to ensure timely and accurate reconciliation, payment, formal reporting and compliance to financial policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 6 years of general accounting experience and/or minimum 4 years insurance brokerage accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experience required.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Insurance Agency management system experience required.
Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Self Driven Individual with demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to motivate, influence and lead others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Occasional travel required.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet individual, team and department goals.