Arthur J. Gallagher

Arthur J. Gallagher Employer Reviews

Well managed and employee friendly.
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good management and co-workers
Great people to work with. Workload divided upon a manageble basis.
No training, and worst micro manager ever.
Adjuster (Former Employee), PLANO TEXASDecember 25, 2014
Pros: none to speak of
Cons: micro management to a new level.
No training, supervisors are at home and do not want to come in to train you. Old system that is DOS based and if you have ever worked at a great Insurance company, you will not like this. You will be given unrealistic goals and work 40 hours is a joke... You will be told if you don't meet your deadlines for reports, you cannot go on vacation. So why even give it to you. This is the worst job and culture I have seen in over 30 years. Run as fast as you can, horrible company. When I had my interview, my supervisor was actually texting during the interview. This should have been my first clue. Just horrible I do not recommend this company at all. They will let you go after 90 days or just use you if the supervisor is too lazy to drive in since she works from home.They will read your email, an answer on your behalf if you don't respond quick enough. HORRIBLE.
great company
Sr. Claims Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 11, 2014
I worked here as a temp it was a great place to work, people are very friendly and supportive.
Fast Pace
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Itasca, ILNovember 20, 2014
Fast pace environment and continuous multitasking daily. A lot of interaction with all levels of management. Extensive contact with branch office management, billing staff and with retail agents.
Great group of co-workers
Senior Claim Advocate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2014
Great group of people but salary is lower than comparable positions in the industry market.
Go at your own risk
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Quincy, MASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: management, no advancement
First job out of college and there's little to no opportunity for advancement. Management doesn't care about your career. They'll just use you for 90 days during their busy season, then dump you for a more experienced, qualified candidate. Sometimes management has closed door meetings with your other teammates. This place may look good on paper, but a completely different story inside the workplace.
Productive and fast-paced environment with a great location
Benefit Advocate (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: networking with other business professionals who share like goals of achievement, networking, gained knowledge
Cons: short breaks, little opportunity for advancement
A day in the life of a Benefit Advocate consists of arriving on time at 8am and eager to start the day. Once at the location where the customer service magic happens, my daily agenda was tediously planned out and documented, any voicemails or unread email messages received while away would be recorded as well, and then I began multitasking, handling all things related to health insurance and customer relations. I gained a thorough knowledge of federal and state health laws, policy tutorials, privacy restrictions and implementation, customer retention and satisfaction, HR duties, orderly and timely data recording and problem solving, claim resolution, and became an expert in oral and written communications. Management could be described as the people you are consistently using as the highest standard of judgment for the ideal boss(es). A professional environment was always enforced along with a fun and friendly atmosphere employees are magnetically drawn towards. This allowed for professional and timely work-flow amongst co-workers and promoted a team-oriented workplace. Everyone at A.J.G. was a pleasure to work with, and possessed an enormous amount of knowledge. This minimized the amount of time an employee would typically spend researching and learning related documents/material and how to utilize the skills being taught while on their own because learning first-hand, or hands-on learning is the most effective form. The most challenging aspect of the job was informing clients of negative news and/or outcomes. I strive to be the best. Some might call me a perfectionist. I will – more... go above and beyond necessary actions in order to satisfy a client, and after exerting all efforts and hitting a dead-end, it feels as though all energy was wasted. Not because of the time spent, but because anything less than superb reactions and happy clients is unacceptable. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people encountered. Having a background in customer service, I thought I had experienced every personality on the planet, but this type of advocacy made me realize that I already knew the different types of people and personalities, and once pin-pointed, I could not only identify, but empathize and give them the quality customer advocacy we all seek. This proved to be quite successful with satisfaction and retention rates. – less
Fast-paced work environment with several short term deadlines.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Itasca, ILJuly 4, 2014
A pleasant work environment with enjoyable coworkers and a helpful manager. In the past year I have learned basic accounting principles related to to transferring funds across accounts using journal entries. The work place is extremely fast-paced and demanding. Management has been helpful in helping to reach daily deadlines and achieve department goals.
Worst place to work / stay far far away from this place
Sr. Bodily injury adjuster (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: too many to list
Management is shady, they will throw to the wolves too save themselves. Supervisors supervise their own relatives, branch manager supervises his own relative.

They lie to their employees and to their clients. They only care about the $$$...I think if in fact their clients knew how their files were really handled they would pull their business.

Typically you handle over 200 bodily injury files. This includes litigated files.

If you like to work 60 hours a week or possibly more to keep up this is a job for you.
Awesome place to work!
Senior Risk Management Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
Management really cares about their employees. I really enjoyed the client contact.
Horrible place to work!
Former Captive Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 6, 2014
Pros: easy location that goes against the flow of traffic
Cons: medicore pay, little chance of advancement, lots of office politics and micromanaging
Don't work for this company unless you've been out of work for two years or more and are extremely desperate! This place is filled with employees close to management who will report you for the slightest thing (taking too long a break, being on the internet) and managers who treat various employees differently.

Your opinions are not taken into consideration, pay raises are few and far between, the pay isn't that great to begin with and every day is more depressing than the last!

You've been warned!
Probably the worst company you can ever work for
Claims analyst (Former Employee), NjMay 15, 2014
No accrued vacation until after 90 days. They can use you for 90 days and fire you with no recourse. Their systems are horrible and they don't train you. Expectations are that you have to complete tasks if assigned to you within the date due or you get flagged for non compliance. Compliance! Can you imagine working for a company in 2014 that uses compliance! Stay away! Turn over is equal to every 3-6 months.
An internship that actually exposes you to the sales side of insurance
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 31, 2014
Pros: supportive learning environment
Sifted through prospects and updated the CRM software. Involved heavily in the lead generation process. Attended sales meetings and sales calls while I learned and added value.
Stay Away!!!!!!!!
IT (Former Employee), ItascaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: very poor and unprofessional management!
Very poor management. Backstabbers, micro management and very very unprofessional. Not a good place to work.
Great work place with great people
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Itasca, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and the company is great.
Cons: distance
A typical day at work consists of the follow:

I enter work and check my emails. I sort out the urgent requests and process them first. I try to get all of the certificates out of the way first since they are priority for our clients. After thats completed I process my endorsements and invoicing. If all completed I move onto any projects that might have been given to me to complete. I do a lot of excel spreadsheet work for the account managers. If we have meetings that need proposal binders done I complete those by printing them out and putting them in a 3 ring binder. I scan documents at the end of my day if everything is completed. If I still have work left over at the end of the day then it gets done first thing in the morning. Co-workers and boss are very friendly and we are always helping each other make the day go quicker by laughing and helping each other out if in a bind.
Gossip and Nepotism
Workers Comp Adjuster (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMarch 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: management influenced and controlled by kiss up employees. low pay
The Miramar, FL office is filled with excessive gossipers, clicks, loud noisy co-workers, backstabbers, and nepotism. I was floored by the conduct of employees at this location. Management would not get involved, being that several employees knew how to skillfully kiss up to management and the VP and they fell for it. You also need to be bilingual to fit in, if you're not, you're set aside. Once you're no longer working there, the so called friends cut off contact.
Bad management @ maple grove location!
Claims (Former Employee), Maple Grove MnFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: it's was a job until i found something else
Cons: branch manager
Favortism, discrimination, if your not a family member or a friend of a friend you are a nobody an treated that way. Left as fast as I could, BIG OVERTURN!
Quality company to work for with great people
Market Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Professional atmosphere, smart/dedicated people, top priority is client service/satisfaction and delivers an excellent product
Not for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plattenville, LAFebruary 4, 2014
A very tense environment between employees and very "clicky".
Micro-managed and poorly trained
Underwriter Assistant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 26, 2013
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: not a good atmosphere; overwork their employees; micro-managed
Poor management; poor training; and extremely micro-managed. Manager of UA's is extremely unprofessional; relies on other employees to train who are not equipped to do so. Spends a LOT of time watching each team member's performance; has favorites. Job culture is poor - morale is low.

1 2 3