Great manufacturing company to work for in Streetsboro, OH.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday reporting to 1760 Miller Parkway, Streetsboro, OH. On
Wednesdays must perform janitorial services at the 4911 Grant Avenue, Cuyahoga Hts. OH operation
Full-Time (may require some overtime on occasion)
1st Shift (7:00 AM - 3:30 PM)
Hourly Rate: $10.00/hr
This position is responsible for performing janitorial duties for buildings and related areas. Clean areas as assigned and directed. Responsible for cleaning areas including offices, halls, restrooms, lunch rooms, stairwells, entrances and exists. Additional cleaning duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean building floors and offices by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, sanitize and supply restrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break rooms
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean manufacturing equipment, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as meetings and customer visits.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 3 -5 years a plus
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Tow Motor certification a plus
Special Requirements: Endurance. This job involves bending, walking, pushing and lifting all day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard