Arup Employee Reviews

Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
I worked at ARUP for about 10 years. they have very good benefits and their own clinic so going to the doctor is much easier and much more cost efficient.The drive is hard and the only reason I wouldn't go back. Everything else there is great!
Pros
benefits, people, flexible hours possible, many shift options
Cons
too far and research park is hard to get out of when it snows..hours to get home
Great work environment and amazing benefits
BCS in the blood band and technician for Cytology (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2016
An amazing company with amazing benefits to go along with it. They offer great education benefits alongside a good work environment and great management. A non profit child company of the U of U hospital who allow you to move up in the company and will help you to acquire necessary degrees to do so.
Pros
Great health education benefits and work schedules
Cons
I can't think of any at the moment
Little room for growth and advancement
Senior Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2016
No cross functional teams. A silo enviroment. Great place for an introvert. Little team building with poor compensation. Work Life balance is great.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Little team building with poor compensation
Great benefits, not so great schedule
Technologist Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2016
ARUP can be very accommodating for employees. They offer amazing benefits and pay well. However, the schedules can be strange, and moving up takes time.
Variable shifts and schedules
Technologist trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Work is dependent on department. The most rewarding part of my job was the invaluable experience I am gaining. The benefits are better than most places I've worked at. Co-workers are generally good. Managers are pretty good.
Pros
Bonuses, free health clinic, raises are usually within reach
Cons
Not much room for advancement within a short amount of time
Productive fun place to work. I enjoyed helping other Phlebotomist get their hard sticks.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2016
I started part time while I was still working for the U of U. Then transitioned to full-time soon after. I really enjoyed their training program and it has helped me become the Phlebotomist I am today.Management was always their for you if you had questions or concerns. The most disheartening part of my job was younger co-workers creating drama when very unnecessary.
Pros
Trainers loved to always help when any question's came up.
Cons
Working a 10 hour shift I would only get a 30 lunch and one 15 minute break.
A Shameless Neo-Colonial Marketing Cult
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2016
Arup is a neo-colonial marketing cult with a high representation of social justice warriors, cultural Marxists, slackers and enablers. The firm markets and pretends to worship the stated secular humanist manifesto of the founder, but clearly there are few true adherents. Brown skirts use diversity and inclusion loyalty tests to practice stealth redistribution economics. Diversity and inclusion trumps merit and is simply an excuse to pursue power and undermine hard work unless one is in the class targeted for affirmative action. The firm retains technically weak careerists and doughnut eaters who exploit the matrix organizational framework by undermining others, evading responsibility and engaging in fear-based politics. The promotion process is opaque and results in high rates of turnover especially if one isn't from the UK. Arup simply can't retain good people. The firm places a high emphasis on hiring new grads and indoctrinates them with the personal agendas of the principals to dissuade them from ever leaving the bubble.
Pros
Attractive offices
Cons
Cultural Marxist ideology, corrupt management
Its a great company to work for
Senior Client Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2016
Its has good benefits, the management staff really seem to value your feedback. The Company is great and really values its employees.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
N/A
Excellent
Automated Core/Aendo Technician II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2015
ARUP is a great company to work for. Great benefits and management. The free health clinic is great. the people in labs are kind and educated.
Educated and cooperative staff. Job went very smoothly between different departments ie lab, nursing, ER, ect.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 27, 2016
Staff is hard working and knowledgeable. Able to advance easily and felt like the management really cared about its employees. I loved working with the management and crew. It is a job I'd do again in a heartbeat.

Want to know more about Arup?

Ask a question
Great Office
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
I only freelanced for a short amount of time there. While I was there the team was great and the work environment was welcoming and inspiring, I would consider working there again
specimen processing
specimen P (Current Employee) –  salt lake cityJuly 26, 2014
Very good company, cheap insurance and average-mid low wage. good to get your foot in the door for other medical jobs else where. 8 years and still haven't advance to other departments. The belt is tighter now, no raise this year2014, no bonus for the anniversary 30yr mark. Still glad to have a job or a job. Good managers, but loyal is missing now at the company. Good environment but needs to pay better.
Pros
Great insurance, dental, FSA, workers and pension.
Cons
low wage, advancement is slow and PHP profile checked every year.
Amazing workplace; challenging and a wonderful learning experience
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 31, 2016
The people I worked with were great. They challenged me enough that i learnt a lot but were also very helpful and patient when I had questions
Fun and great environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Arup is the ideal Engineering consulting firm. The workers are friendly and are always ready to lend a helping hand. Really the hardest part of the job is finding a project to work on because no one isn't going to personally hand the projects to you.
Pros
On wall street so always lively
Cons
sometimes boring with nothing to do
Great values
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Great values/ culture. Bright people and fun to work with. Company provides lots of training.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working hours
Teamwork job!
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2013
ARUP is a great company to work for. They are team spirited to get the job done. They provide amazing benefits and occasional outings.
Pros
on-site cafe, cheap benefits
Cons
night shifts
Good Culture And Great Employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Definitely honed my skills as an admin while working at this organization. Management was a tad unprofessional, but other than that, it was a great place to work for.
Pros
Culture, employees, room for overtime
Cons
Politics
Decent place
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2013
I did not have a really great experience with ARUP but I am not going to judge the whole company by what happened to me. When I got hired I didn't know I was pregnant. I did not qualify for FMLA and had to go on a medical LOA. The department that I was in actually handled the situation incorrectly. I had extremely low iron tired and a little testy, so when I put in for my LOA they let me know that they would not hold my job. They actually are NOT suppose to do that, but they thought they were doing me a favor and that I could find a job in the 6 weeks before I went out for 8 weeks to find another department in the company to hire me. No other department wanted to hire me to train me and then have me leave on LOA.
Pros
The job was intersting
Cons
management not willing to work with employee
Progressive and innovative company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin and New YorkOctober 19, 2015
Genuinely enjoyed my time and learning experience in Arup. A fun place to work and grow with an incredible diverse staff and skills on offer.
Variety of schedules available
Specimen processor lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2015
I worked with a great crew. Mostly the 7On/7Off shift. ARUP had a variety of shifts available to accommodate difficult schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arup. Our community is ready to answer.