Arup Employee Reviews

Doesn't live up to the hype
Graduate Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2017
A lot of high profile projects, and the company does a lot of cool things, but only a small percent of the company experiences that. Most people are overworked and management is very scattered and disorganized. The appraisals and opportunities for promotion only once a year delay advancement. Seem to be more concerned with profit than employee wellbeing. Workplace culture is the opposite of what I was expecting.
Productive, friendly and fun workplace
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 23, 2017
It's a place where to have a great career and not just a job. Being part of Arup was one of the best things I have ever did.

Directors encourage their employees and gave them great satisfaction that knowing you did something good.

Challenges were so many from day one, week one I was challenged to prove myself, to find where to stand within Arup, and to prove that I can be relied on when my colleagues needed the extra support.
One of the best places i ever worked
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2017
I loved everything about this company. The people I worked with were great. The Management was great. The whole package was one every company in America should try to emulate.
Pros
Cons
Salary was somewhat of a trial for me.
You can actually "Shape A Better World"
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 29, 2017
Great work culture! Intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration amongst teams to bring to life groundbreaking projects across the world. Impressed with technical expertise of teams and their commitment to quality, creativity and focus on the client.
Pros
Brilliant Engineers, Iconic projects, Collabroative, Entreprenuerial.
Challenging projects
Engineer (Former Employee) –  NYJune 7, 2017
The projects were exciting and challenging. Potential to learn and grow is high. However everything is fast paced. There are many concurrent, aggressive deadlines and oftentimes not enough manpower to deal accordingly. Overtime, while not encouraged by management, is common.
Pros
Free friday breakfast, decent benefits, good matching program, exciting projects, good people to work with
Cons
stressful, "corporate" environment
Amazing work place with a lot of possibilities for growing inside the company.
ASP .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 21, 2017
Amazing work place with a lot of possibilities for growing inside the company. Great coworkers and great management. The company brings a lot of benefits and accommodation for working.
Cooperate very effectively
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  ShenzhenJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work:
Team morning meeting, go to construction site, design work

What I learned:
concrete and steel building design

Workplace Culture:
Respect each other
Help each other
Communicate very effectively
.....
Had a lot of after work parties
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Ordering for co-workers and restocking meeting rooms. I've learned to be better with my time management and organizational skills. It's not very diverse and the there was no hardest part. I enjoyed getting to learn about buildings and engineering.
Pros
Lunch left overs, good medical insurance
Cons
no diversity
Great Office
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
I only freelanced for a short amount of time there. While I was there the team was great and the work environment was welcoming and inspiring, I would consider working there again
Amazing workplace; challenging and a wonderful learning experience
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 31, 2016
The people I worked with were great. They challenged me enough that i learnt a lot but were also very helpful and patient when I had questions
A Shameless Neo-Colonial Marketing Cult
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2016
Arup is a neo-colonial marketing cult with a high representation of social justice warriors, cultural Marxists, slackers and enablers. The firm markets and pretends to worship the stated secular humanist manifesto of the founder, but clearly there are few true adherents. Brown skirts use diversity and inclusion loyalty tests to practice stealth redistribution economics. Diversity and inclusion trumps merit and is simply an excuse to pursue power and undermine hard work unless one is in the class targeted for affirmative action. The firm retains technically weak careerists and doughnut eaters who exploit the matrix organizational framework by undermining others, evading responsibility and engaging in fear-based politics. The promotion process is opaque and results in high rates of turnover especially if one isn't from the UK. Arup simply can't retain good people. The firm places a high emphasis on hiring new grads and indoctrinates them with the personal agendas of the principals to dissuade them from ever leaving the bubble.
Pros
Attractive offices
Cons
Cultural Marxist ideology, corrupt management
Fun and great environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Arup is the ideal Engineering consulting firm. The workers are friendly and are always ready to lend a helping hand. Really the hardest part of the job is finding a project to work on because no one isn't going to personally hand the projects to you.
Pros
On wall street so always lively
Cons
sometimes boring with nothing to do
Good Culture And Great Employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Definitely honed my skills as an admin while working at this organization. Management was a tad unprofessional, but other than that, it was a great place to work for.
Pros
Culture, employees, room for overtime
Cons
Politics
Progressive and innovative company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin and New YorkOctober 19, 2015
Genuinely enjoyed my time and learning experience in Arup. A fun place to work and grow with an incredible diverse staff and skills on offer.
Productive and very busy
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 7, 2015
I liked being the secretary for ARUP. THe thing I found to be the most challenging for me was that it was extremely fast paced. My coworkers were friendly and helpful. My supervisor was great with any questions I had.
A Lot to Learn
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Arup is global player and carries every engineering department you need. I have had great experience and built my knowledge on different fields and projects.
Great people, exciting projects
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2014
The best part about Arup is that the people are great to work with and that the projects are unique and exciting.
Great Company
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 22, 2014
 Prepared check requests up to 100 weekly
 Set up 50 wire transfers.
 Processed 100 invoices daily for payment.
 Coded over 100 invoices for payment processed through JD Edwards systems daily.
 Scanned all processed batches into company system for backup.
 Contacted over 50 vendors to confirm invoice accuracy.
 Prepared vendor account adjustments to amend payment related issues more than 50 weekly.
Pros
Worked with a great crew in the Finance Dept
Cons
Short Contract position
Not the greatest!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
If you work as an Executive Assistant, there's too much internal chaos among the women and hard to work as a teamplayer.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Too much email traffic and difficult people to work with on the administration side.
Great values
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Great values/ culture. Bright people and fun to work with. Company provides lots of training.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arup. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2