Arup Employee Reviews

Had a lot of after work parties
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Ordering for co-workers and restocking meeting rooms. I've learned to be better with my time management and organizational skills. It's not very diverse and the there was no hardest part. I enjoyed getting to learn about buildings and engineering.
Pros
Lunch left overs, good medical insurance
Cons
no diversity
Great benefits, not so great schedule
Technologist Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2016
ARUP can be very accommodating for employees. They offer amazing benefits and pay well. However, the schedules can be strange, and moving up takes time.
Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
I worked at ARUP for about 10 years. they have very good benefits and their own clinic so going to the doctor is much easier and much more cost efficient.The drive is hard and the only reason I wouldn't go back. Everything else there is great!
Pros
benefits, people, flexible hours possible, many shift options
Cons
too far and research park is hard to get out of when it snows..hours to get home
Little room for growth and advancement
Senior Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2016
No cross functional teams. A silo enviroment. Great place for an introvert. Little team building with poor compensation. Work Life balance is great.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Little team building with poor compensation
Great Office
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
I only freelanced for a short amount of time there. While I was there the team was great and the work environment was welcoming and inspiring, I would consider working there again
Productive fun place to work. I enjoyed helping other Phlebotomist get their hard sticks.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2016
I started part time while I was still working for the U of U. Then transitioned to full-time soon after. I really enjoyed their training program and it has helped me become the Phlebotomist I am today.Management was always their for you if you had questions or concerns. The most disheartening part of my job was younger co-workers creating drama when very unnecessary.
Pros
Trainers loved to always help when any question's came up.
Cons
Working a 10 hour shift I would only get a 30 lunch and one 15 minute break.
Great work environment and amazing benefits
BCS in the blood band and technician for Cytology (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2016
An amazing company with amazing benefits to go along with it. They offer great education benefits alongside a good work environment and great management. A non profit child company of the U of U hospital who allow you to move up in the company and will help you to acquire necessary degrees to do so.
Pros
Great health education benefits and work schedules
Cons
I can't think of any at the moment
Amazing workplace; challenging and a wonderful learning experience
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 31, 2016
The people I worked with were great. They challenged me enough that i learnt a lot but were also very helpful and patient when I had questions
Educated and cooperative staff. Job went very smoothly between different departments ie lab, nursing, ER, ect.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 27, 2016
Staff is hard working and knowledgeable. Able to advance easily and felt like the management really cared about its employees. I loved working with the management and crew. It is a job I'd do again in a heartbeat.
A Shameless Neo-Colonial Marketing Cult
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2016
Arup is a neo-colonial marketing cult with a high representation of social justice warriors, cultural Marxists, slackers and enablers. The firm markets and pretends to worship the stated secular humanist manifesto of the founder, but clearly there are few true adherents. Brown skirts use diversity and inclusion loyalty tests to practice stealth redistribution economics. Diversity and inclusion trumps merit and is simply an excuse to pursue power and undermine hard work unless one is in the class targeted for affirmative action. The firm retains technically weak careerists and doughnut eaters who exploit the matrix organizational framework by undermining others, evading responsibility and engaging in fear-based politics. The promotion process is opaque and results in high rates of turnover especially if one isn't from the UK. Arup simply can't retain good people. The firm places a high emphasis on hiring new grads and indoctrinates them with the personal agendas of the principals to dissuade them from ever leaving the bubble.
Pros
Attractive offices
Cons
Cultural Marxist ideology, corrupt management
Variable shifts and schedules
Technologist trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Work is dependent on department. The most rewarding part of my job was the invaluable experience I am gaining. The benefits are better than most places I've worked at. Co-workers are generally good. Managers are pretty good.
Pros
Bonuses, free health clinic, raises are usually within reach
Cons
Not much room for advancement within a short amount of time
Fun and great environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Arup is the ideal Engineering consulting firm. The workers are friendly and are always ready to lend a helping hand. Really the hardest part of the job is finding a project to work on because no one isn't going to personally hand the projects to you.
Pros
On wall street so always lively
Cons
sometimes boring with nothing to do
Its a great company to work for
Senior Client Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2016
Its has good benefits, the management staff really seem to value your feedback. The Company is great and really values its employees.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
N/A
Good Culture And Great Employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Definitely honed my skills as an admin while working at this organization. Management was a tad unprofessional, but other than that, it was a great place to work for.
Pros
Culture, employees, room for overtime
Cons
Politics
Excellent
Automated Core/Aendo Technician II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2015
ARUP is a great company to work for. Great benefits and management. The free health clinic is great. the people in labs are kind and educated.
Progressive and innovative company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin and New YorkOctober 19, 2015
Genuinely enjoyed my time and learning experience in Arup. A fun place to work and grow with an incredible diverse staff and skills on offer.
Variety of schedules available
Specimen processor lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2015
I worked with a great crew. Mostly the 7On/7Off shift. ARUP had a variety of shifts available to accommodate difficult schedules.
Productive and very busy
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 7, 2015
I liked being the secretary for ARUP. THe thing I found to be the most challenging for me was that it was extremely fast paced. My coworkers were friendly and helpful. My supervisor was great with any questions I had.
A Lot to Learn
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Arup is global player and carries every engineering department you need. I have had great experience and built my knowledge on different fields and projects.
na
QC Automated michine to check for mislables (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2015
ARUP is a national reference lab that tests samples from around the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arup. Our community is ready to answer.