ARUP Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing workplace; challenging and a wonderful learning experience
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 31, 2016
The people I worked with were great. They challenged me enough that i learnt a lot but were also very helpful and patient when I had questions
Educated and cooperative staff. Job went very smoothly between different departments ie lab, nursing, ER, ect.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 27, 2016
Staff is hard working and knowledgeable. Able to advance easily and felt like the management really cared about its employees. I loved working with the management and crew. It is a job I'd do again in a heartbeat.
A Shameless Neo-Colonial Marketing Cult
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2016
Arup is a neo-colonial marketing cult with a high representation of social justice warriors, cultural Marxists, slackers and enablers. The firm markets and pretends to worship the stated secular humanist manifesto of the founder, but clearly there are few true adherents. Brown skirts use diversity and inclusion loyalty tests to practice stealth redistribution economics. Diversity and inclusion trumps merit and is simply an excuse to pursue power and undermine hard work unless one is in the class targeted for affirmative action. The firm retains technically weak careerists and doughnut eaters who exploit the matrix organizational framework by undermining others, evading responsibility and engaging in fear-based politics. The promotion process is opaque and results in high rates of turnover especially if one isn't from the UK. Arup simply can't retain good people. The firm places a high emphasis on hiring new grads and indoctrinates them with the personal agendas of the principals to dissuade them from ever leaving the bubble.
Pros
Attractive offices
Cons
Cultural Marxist ideology, corrupt management
Variable shifts and schedules
Technologist trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Work is dependent on department. The most rewarding part of my job was the invaluable experience I am gaining. The benefits are better than most places I've worked at. Co-workers are generally good. Managers are pretty good.
Pros
Bonuses, free health clinic, raises are usually within reach
Cons
Not much room for advancement within a short amount of time
Fun and great environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Arup is the ideal Engineering consulting firm. The workers are friendly and are always ready to lend a helping hand. Really the hardest part of the job is finding a project to work on because no one isn't going to personally hand the projects to you.
Pros
On wall street so always lively
Cons
sometimes boring with nothing to do
Its a great company to work for
Senior Client Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2016
Its has good benefits, the management staff really seem to value your feedback. The Company is great and really values its employees.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
N/A
Good Culture And Great Employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Definitely honed my skills as an admin while working at this organization. Management was a tad unprofessional, but other than that, it was a great place to work for.
Pros
Culture, employees, room for overtime
Cons
Politics
Excellent
Automated Core/Aendo Technician II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2015
ARUP is a great company to work for. Great benefits and management. The free health clinic is great. the people in labs are kind and educated.
Progressive and innovative company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin and New YorkOctober 19, 2015
Genuinely enjoyed my time and learning experience in Arup. A fun place to work and grow with an incredible diverse staff and skills on offer.
Variety of schedules available
Specimen processor lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2015
I worked with a great crew. Mostly the 7On/7Off shift. ARUP had a variety of shifts available to accommodate difficult schedules.

Want to know more about ARUP?

Ask a question
Productive and very busy
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 7, 2015
I liked being the secretary for ARUP. THe thing I found to be the most challenging for me was that it was extremely fast paced. My coworkers were friendly and helpful. My supervisor was great with any questions I had.
A Lot to Learn
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Arup is global player and carries every engineering department you need. I have had great experience and built my knowledge on different fields and projects.
na
QC Automated michine to check for mislables (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2015
ARUP is a national reference lab that tests samples from around the world.
Great people, exciting projects
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2014
The best part about Arup is that the people are great to work with and that the projects are unique and exciting.
Great Company
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 22, 2014
 Prepared check requests up to 100 weekly
 Set up 50 wire transfers.
 Processed 100 invoices daily for payment.
 Coded over 100 invoices for payment processed through JD Edwards systems daily.
 Scanned all processed batches into company system for backup.
 Contacted over 50 vendors to confirm invoice accuracy.
 Prepared vendor account adjustments to amend payment related issues more than 50 weekly.
Pros
worked with a great crew in the finance dept
Cons
short contract position
specimen processing
specimen P (Current Employee) –  salt lake cityJuly 26, 2014
Very good company, cheap insurance and average-mid low wage. good to get your foot in the door for other medical jobs else where. 8 years and still haven't advance to other departments. The belt is tighter now, no raise this year2014, no bonus for the anniversary 30yr mark. Still glad to have a job or a job. Good managers, but loyal is missing now at the company. Good environment but needs to pay better.
Pros
great insurance, dental, fsa, workers and pension.
Cons
low wage, advancement is slow and php profile checked every year.
Not the greatest!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
If you work as an Executive Assistant, there's too much internal chaos among the women and hard to work as a teamplayer.
Pros
latest technology
Cons
too much email traffic and difficult people to work with on the administration side.
Decent place
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2013
I did not have a really great experience with ARUP but I am not going to judge the whole company by what happened to me. When I got hired I didn't know I was pregnant. I did not qualify for FMLA and had to go on a medical LOA. The department that I was in actually handled the situation incorrectly. I had extremely low iron tired and a little testy, so when I put in for my LOA they let me know that they would not hold my job. They actually are NOT suppose to do that, but they thought they were doing me a favor and that I could find a job in the 6 weeks before I went out for 8 weeks to find another department in the company to hire me. No other department wanted to hire me to train me and then have me leave on LOA.
Pros
the job was intersting
Cons
management not willing to work with employee
Teamwork job!
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2013
ARUP is a great company to work for. They are team spirited to get the job done. They provide amazing benefits and occasional outings.
Pros
on-site cafe, cheap benefits
Cons
night shifts
Great values
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Great values/ culture. Bright people and fun to work with. Company provides lots of training.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARUP. Our community is ready to answer.