ARUP

ARUP Employer Reviews

Not the greatest!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: latest technology
Cons: too much email traffic and difficult people to work with on the administration side.
If you work as an Executive Assistant, there's too much internal chaos among the women and hard to work as a teamplayer.
Teamwork job!
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2013
Pros: on-site cafe, cheap benefits
Cons: night shifts
ARUP is a great company to work for. They are team spirited to get the job done. They provide amazing benefits and occasional outings.
Great values
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: working hours
Great values/ culture. Bright people and fun to work with. Company provides lots of training.
Creative and Fun place to work.
Information and Communications Technology Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: none that i can mention.
My job at Arup was very intense in design,report writing.It was a fun job with my co-workers and senior members who always helped and taught us new things.
Nice place to work with management that works well with employees
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2012
Work in a lab with a nice view of the mountains. Very organized.
Weakness in mechanical design
Cad drafter (Former Employee), TorontoJune 7, 2013
Pros: great office
Worked for a short period, the mechanical engineer knows little design, made tons of mistakes on a small project.
Possitive but not challanging enough
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Melrose Arch, JohannesburgMarch 4, 2013
Pros: modern office and equipment.
Cons: too short hours
Producing Civil, Structural drawings in the Bridge / Infrastructure department in such a way as to be known as a profit generator.
Being paid by the hour as experienced contract worker.
Keeping myself out of company birocracy and focusing only on
producing fast, accurate, quality drawing work using my 40 years
of multidisciplinary experience.
Arup
Structural CAD Technician (Current Employee), Glasgow, ScotlandJuly 2, 2012
Pros: flexible benefits, excellant for training
Cons: limited advancement oppurtunities
I've undertaken several training courses to improve my knowledge and current skill set provided by Arup and would recommend this company to any graduate or trainee looking to apply. The types of work are various, from the standard to the unique,ideal for broadening horizons for those looking to experience different and interesting projects.
Excellent work experiance
junior designer, CAD/BIM techcnician (Current Employee), CardiffJuly 2, 2012
Pros: free hot drinks, water, flexibility in hours when needed.
Cons: -
Summer 2011 I have done my first summer work placement with ARUP. I have been working 5 days a week, 7,5h day with an hour lunch break. I have been working on various engineering projects,
using different software. Mainly worked on REVIT, SketchUP, and AutoCAD and ocsasionally on 3d max or Microstation.
I have learned about producing issue drawings, – more... creating visuals, and BIM models, but also 2D AutoCAD drawings and a little bit or structural detailing. I had a great team to work with.
Everyone was friendly and helpful, which helped me to addapt very quickly. The hardest part of the job was the fact, that I couldn't stay on working on a permanent basis. I could not specify what was most enjoyable part as I did enjoy every part of the job and never felt frustrated or upset when going to work. – less

About ARUP

Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, – Read more