arvato SCM Ireland Limited Employee Reviews in United States

An alright company, but no advancement opportunities.
Manufacturing Line Lead/Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCOctober 22, 2015
Arvato as a whole is just another giant company who makes typical mistakes. They aren't any worse/better than other companies of this size. But at this particular location, their management is a real mess. This not only applies in the call center area, but also in the manufacturing department. Employees are made promises (in regards to promotions, pay raises, etc.) that are simply not upheld. Favoritism plays a huge role in low morale. The following words are commonly used to describe their business style: sneaky, untrustworthy, unreliable, vapid. The attrition rate would be significantly lower if they'd simply treat their employees as people rather than cattle.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay (for a call center)
Cons
Low morale, unreliable management, few advancement opportunities
Great on the outside...Not so much on the inside
Teller, IRA Specialist, CSR/Communications Expert (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WA 98901March 6, 2016
Benefits are ok.
Management sucks.
Pay sucks.
in general sucks.
Tech Support does not help at all and Management never gets anything done.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Management
Challenging yet interesting
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 9, 2015
Supportive management that understands the need for educational balance. Long hours on month end closes but you are appreciated for your additional time. Clean and appropriate work place. I share my cube with one other person, which is nice because we assist each other with complex assignments. Does not encourage professional growth and development.
Pros
Free coffee and dinners on month ends; flexible with school; friendly colleagues
Cons
Long hours, no compensation for additional projects
A short over view
Inventory Control Team Lead (Current Employee) –  pPleasant Prairie WIJune 10, 2015
Typical day at work is creating work for all other employees. It’s always a busy and productive.
Management does great things as in appreciation lunches for the employees which always give workers an incentive. As for salary I think management could do more for their employees .
Working with my co-workers is wonderful, its always a healthy environment.
Hardest part in my job, well only working 8 hours and completing all the tasks that are given. With no over time the quota at some points could be stressful but it makes for a fast day.
Cons
no room for advancement
Arvato Digital Services
Inbound & Recieving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 27, 2016
I see Arvato Digital Services to be a fun place to work as long as you make it fun while getting the job done.

A typical day at work is being prepared for what might come. Different things happen everyday.

As long as you pay attention, you can learn whatever is being shown/taught.

Being that Arvato rarely hires temps into the agency, it's hard to really have the same co-worker on a day-to-day basis because the job isn't secure and people tend to leave, and then a new temp gets trained the next day.

The hardest part of the job is keeping it. As a temp you always wonder if you are the next one to be laid off.

The enjoyable part of the job is having fun to make the day go by fast.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No benefits & No advancement
Great people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 21, 2015
Off loaded incoming trailers and loaded outgoing trailers. Received in product, enter material into database. Labeled it and put the product away in location with an RF gun. Verified that the contents of either shipment matched the packing slips and marked any discrepancies
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Small company
Great start, poor finish!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 28, 2015
After many years, I appreciate the experience obtained from my daily practices and tasks; however, as the years go on, there is less and less support from upper management, less promotion opportunities, and overall salary compensation is below area norms by 20-40%.
Cons
Excessive OT due to poor operations management
Great Company and Great Place to Work
Team member (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 14, 2015
Great benefits, relaxed working style and excellent leaders. The facility is inside MS campus.

Lots of PTO and floating holidays
Pros
Flexible shifts, job stability, fun place
Cons
Salaries are little lower as compared to other smaller companies around.
Management is not about the employees
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2016
I work as a temp and I have learned that the management does not care about the employees or what they need. They do not want to hire full time employees, most of the personnel here are temporary. They are not helpful when you make a mistake or tell them you don't understand something they make you feel like your just not smart enough to comprehend what they are saying. They are not respectful but demand respect no matter what your ask to do.
Great place to work.
Computer Data Entry/Print Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCFebruary 24, 2016
Very layed back. I was able to learn various different areas of the work place. The management was very understanding and good to their employees. All of my co-workers were super nice we were like a big family. The hardest thing about Arvato was them closing down and being layed off.
Productive Energetic work enviorment
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 26, 2016
Easy going work environment which allowed you to be a self starter great training along with mangers leads and co-workers, work was very easy yet challenging at the same to which made it never boring and enjoyable to do.
Pros
allowed to be aself starter
Cons
no longer being able to work there
Decent Supervisors
CCR (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 14, 2016
Policies of attendance and requirements of job are to strict. Constant hounding about the million ways you can be fired.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Constant threat of firing. Never get bonus.
Not Recommended
Quality Control Process Inspector (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJune 17, 2015
This company is only recommended to possible employees that do not mind being used and abused without the opportunity for advancement or full time employment with benefits...
Pros
N/A
Cons
Just about everything
Excellent Company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCApril 19, 2016
I was employed by Arvato Digital Services for almost 19 years. I had the opportunity to not only have a great career but I traveled to many places and experienced new cultures. I'm quite thankful for my time with this company.
Pros
Excellent 401K and Health Insurance
Cons
Sometimes long hours
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 1, 2016
Commute is kind of far unless you live in area. Company is multi-cultural. Can dress business casual, nice people, nice breakroom with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee machines ect... Different departments and able to transfer departments within company
Was a good company to work for.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJune 27, 2016
I loved working for this company. It was like a big family. They would work with you if you had to be out for anything. I really have nothing bad to say about them.
Pros
Great company
Cons
I don't have any
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 6, 2016
Arvato is a great company to work for but it is not an organized company yet. I need stability and would like to be inspired to come to work everyday, that is not the atmosphere at arvato.
Positive environment with decent benefits.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Arvato. The reason I left was to work for Bank of America which payed more and was local (Lancaster). All of my managers were great to work with and viewed you as a human being with needs outside of the workplace. If I was sick or needed some time away it would be granted. I learned how to work in a fast-paced environment, processing emails while waiting for the next call. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers. On our breaks we would play fooze-ball in the break room. If days were slow we would chat on the floor and managers had no problem with it as long as we were professional. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a customer service job in the Valencia area. The pay is not too well but that is the norm in this field.
Pros
postive workplace, decent benefits
Cons
low annual raise
Not a happy place.
Senior Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 2, 2014
I spent 2 years at Arvato and it was by far the most dysfunctional and unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Nobody would get a raise except for senior management and there were people that had been at Arvato for 10+ years, 10+ years without a single raise and although everyone was promised a bonus at time of hire, nobody actually received their bonus. Management frequently told the dept. on Friday afternoon that we would need to work all weekend long. Management would scream at employees on a regular basis, yes, they would actually scream. This company did so many things that were a major violation of both state and federal labor laws that it is only a matter of time before they get busted. My best day at Arvato Digital Services was the day I quit.
Pros
flexible work hours for the most part
Cons
horrific management. clients jumping ship left and right due to arvato's incompetence.
Internet Banking 101
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 6, 2012
Arvato Digital services provided me an excellent opportunity to learn about the field of banking. Unfortunately, the center where we worked has since closed. The pay was acceptable and the benefits were comparable to industry standards. The work environment was many times difficult as we were in a building where we were tenants and the Ally finacial culture did not ever fully embrace our presence. Also, there was not ever a path to earning a raise as our wages were stagnant and the value of our work was not ever given fully appreciated as our work was transfered to a part of the country where wages were lower. Management was not forthcoming about the temporary nature of our situation until the final weeks of our stay. This was disconcerting and placed everyone who worked there in a position of urgency. Overall, I grew from this experience and count it as one of my most valuable as far as product knowledge.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
hostile building owners

arvato SCM Ireland Limited Reviews by Location