Arvest Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Growing Constantly
Asset Preservation (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 27, 2016
Great people work within Arvest, however if you lose your position there they will treat you like a criminal. Even if the reason for leaving is nothing more than Health reasons.
Great work enivornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2016
opportunity to expand within the company

great benefits, health ,dental, and vision

I've to learned to be proficient with Microsoft programs and other computer systems
Fun, productive workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 30, 2016
This is one of the most enjoyable jobs I have ever had. Had fun and was productive every single day. Great work environment, and a great open door policy between employees and managers
Pros
Decent Pay, Relaxed environment
Cons
Strict about overtime
Fast pace and busy.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARMarch 27, 2016
You always had something to do. No matter the time of day or the day it is we are always busy. I would get there early and leave early as well.
Great Job
CONTACT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 5, 2016
Great Job, good benefits, amazing coworkers and great management. The hardest thing about the job is the repetitive calls all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to spend time with people who are willing to do anything for anyone. It really is a one big family.
The way this place is run is a joke
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 16, 2016
The management abuses their power because they can. My branch lost our chair privileges so we stood for 8 hours a day. The turnover rate is ridiculous and when you first get there they tell you that a lot of people have gotten promoted which is not true. There is only a slim chance of actually getting promoted. They are highly customer service focused but don't really seem to care about their employees.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Management, work hours, lots of useless training
Fast paced, but positive environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 3, 2016
Accuracy in a timely manner is key. Being professional and looking the part, as well, are very important. Arvest holds very high customer satisfaction standards and definitely believes the customer is always right.
Great culture and customer service.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 2, 2016
The level of incentive and pay for the front line entry level employees is sub-par compared to other successful companies. Easy job on a day to day however, the level of requirements for a teller are slightly excessive. I learned a lot about the banking industry and how to provide an excellent level of customer service which Arvest prides itself in. Management was a struggle because in the amount of time I was there we lost a few and the new ones had a hard time adapting to the culture that was already at the branch so they created a whole new environment. Co-workers are great and it is a fun team oriented environment. Hardest part of the job was the turnover and difficulty to move up within the company. The environment and custom relations is highly enjoyable especially if you love the sales/customer service business. Good company to work as a first job/part time while in University.
Pros
Great environment and easy tasks.
Cons
Difficulty in promotion, and low pay to job ratio.
Good benefits and great start to a career in banking
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Overall job was great. Be on time and follow the rules and you'll succeed. And must be flexible with work schedule provided.
Gossip Central
VP Consumer Loan Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Experience and performance gets you nowhere all about who you know and what they want. Worked for many years and management wasn't knowledgeable or capable.
good work place not good managment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pea Ridge, ARJanuary 11, 2016
- answer phones
- greet people that walk in the door
- management didn't help when busy
- expensive benefits
- hardest part selling products to customers
- never busy
I enjoyed working there
teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2016
Fun, fast paced, easily entertained. Was a very good way to learn about banking and the aspects of accounting. I enjoyed my time while at Arvest.
A Nice Place to work
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 3, 2016
I really don't have any complaints about working here. If I hadn't had to leave because of school then I would have stayed working there until I was ready to move on to an adult job.
Low pay, not worth the stress
CSR and Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2015
-low pay
-horrific management
-high school clique setting
-no place for advancement
-the Customer Service Department has a very high stress level.

I started at the Mortgage Company in Little Rock, AR with over 500 co-workers. I just left this week, and now there are barely 200 employees. That should tell you something.
Pros
Jean Fridays, PTO
Cons
Bad management, low pay
Awesome Employment
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 7, 2015
Arvest is an a amazing company. For first time bankers to those who are well versed in what they do, Arvest has a place for everyone. The environment is so comfortable and not intimidating in any way.
Pros
benefits, advancement and great training
Cons
high turnover
Look elsewhere
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 7, 2015
In the years I worked at Arvest it changed a great deal. When I left the focus was no longer on helping the customer but the sales and percentages. Because of the emphasis on sales it made helping the customer difficult even for the Branch Manager. And please don't let the smiles of the HR manager fool you. She's a snake.
Cons
too political
stressfull
teller (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 7, 2015
the work can be overwhelming due to lack of communication and support from management. The training is nice and they give the opportunity to learn and promote within. However, small community regions are not as energetic as others.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
lack of communication and negativity in some regions
Not for everyone
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 1, 2015
Not a lot of room for advancement in company, must expect to be pushed for lots of sales, good PTO and insurance, not willing to work with you on schedules
Pros
PTO, health insurance
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Productive professional workplace with great people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wagoner, OKNovember 30, 2015
This is a great place to work and grow. Professional environment yet still laid back. I am challenged by my job and find myself always learning something new.
teller
Mortgage Processor II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 24, 2015
working with peolpe was great getting to meet new faces helping people working with a great bunch of out going peolpe was great being out in the open world was the best