Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

The culture is different in every department.
Mortgage Department (Former Employee) –  KC MetroJanuary 24, 2017
The mortgage department and manager are very cliquish and favoritism is overwhelming. It's very obvious in a very short time who management wants as their successful loan officers and loan officer assistants, by where and who they are assigned and leads given. The normal course of work ethics to get loans closed on time is, "it doesn't matter/they don't care," but they will not miss their smoke breaks, no matter what. The operations manager is lazy and does not respond to loan officers when their supervisors are not available. The front of the bank employees are very nice, but other departments, especially the mortgage department, are a different story and their own animal.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Upper management is very snobbish and cliquish/favorites.
The Best Employer in the Area
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 7, 2017
I have worked for Arvest Bank for the past year and a half, and I never want to leave.

From learning important technical skills required to be successful in the banking industry, to training centered around self awareness and personal development, you can really tell that Arvest values their employees and wants them to succeed.

Everything about Arvest screams a culture of family, team work, and mutual respect. Only the best of the best get hired here, and the bad weeds are weeded out quickly. There is virtually no drama, and if you don't have the personality, you won't cut it.

The hardest part of the job, for me, is leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers, building relationships with coworkers, and being given the chance to excel.

The benefits are amazing. Management is down to earth and friendly, and truly believes in the open door policy. Most people are hired at entry level, and then promoted from within. All training and skills necessary to be successful are provided free of charge to the employee.

I highly recommend this employer to anyone looking for a career or background in the finance and banking industry.
A fun place to work everyday with free popcorn and coffee.
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2017
Extraordinary company to work for. You will have job security and advancement opportunities. Must be willing to travel for some of those opportunities. Your co-workers are very friendly and are willing to assist with a team player attitude. The management team is also awesome to have. There is always training opportunities to improve on in your current role, as well as knowledge training of new positions. In some areas of the banking industry, you will experience un-friendly attitudes/behaviors of customers, (thats the hardest part). The most enjoyable part is when a customer has left the bank with the biggest smile on their faces, feeling very satisfied.
Juggling work life and personal life is very important and is not frowned upon when you can;t be there.

Conclusion: This is the best company to work for.
Incredible job!
marketing Captain of Branches (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 13, 2016
Working for Arvest Bank was one of the best career opportunities I have ever had. I was taught so much in my three years there. I worked with some amazing employees. I was given many opportunities for advancement and several pay raises.
very stressful place to work with high turn over
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2016
Arvest Bank has a very different way of banking. Almost like they are operating in the past. No business done from Friday at close to Monday at close. Very difficult to reconcile your checkbook when items are not presented in live time or as they occur.

I learned a lot about banking through Arvest employment. However on a daily basis you are required to take a minimum of 100 calls. You are to assist the customer and be a one call resolution scenario and yet keep calls to a minimum time wise.

Management doesnt really communicate with one another to know what is going on as a whole center.

Most workers suffer from burn out due to high demand of call time and remaining at your desk seated for eight hours a day. Very hard to stay focused.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low pay versus job expectations
A gossip circle
Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 26, 2016
Was promised $9000 annual raise after completing Excel-VB templates. Computer provided was incapable of accomplishing the task and supervisor's knowledge was technologically deficient. In summary, the whole effort was designed to fail.
Pros
office parties
Cons
micro managers with inadequate skills
Productive fun work place which promotes teamwork
Agricultural Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 26, 2016
Building customer relationships while working with a team to provide the best customer service in every aspect of the financial institution. Arvest Bank works within the community building integrity and provides multiple banking and lending needs to every customer while maintaining customer privacy, and promoting teamwork in with every department.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Incentive based
High responsibility for Low pay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2017
When I first started, I was hoping to find my forever company - somewhere I could grow - but now I don't see that happening.

First of all, I'm at a pretty busy branch that, when I first started, needed a certain amount of people to run it. Well come to find out in the next few months, the numbers didn't crunch right and 2 positions were let go. My branch now feels extremely under staffed and my manager can't do anything because its over their pay grade. And as far as I know that's now the new thing this year, cutting staff to the minimum and using a new scheduling system.

Do you like selling? Because you're going to be doing it here. Along with the multiple other customer-centered jobs you have (writing care cards, making birthday calls, and follow-up calls between handling actual customer transactions) you will need to reach a sales criteria each month. Don't get me wrong, it's attainable, IF you're at the right branch. However if you're not (meaning your customers are in general people who CAN'T handle their own money), you will be "coached" about it each month and receive a ton of emails about how the sales need to be up.

You run everything behind the line, from ordering supplies, cleaning machines, filing paper work, working with various online applications, and taking "classes" on the online university. This is the part I enjoy about the job, however it can be overwhelming when it's busy and you don't have the time or staffing to do that extra work.

You will be on your feet 8 hours a day. At least that's how it is at my branch, who lost their chair privileges
  more... before I applied. And they say you can take small "breaks", but it's hard for me to even get to the bathroom sometimes so good luck with that. Advice would be to buy insoles for shoes.

There are not a lot of opportunities to move up. Most tellers are behind the line for years before they can move to any kind of desk job. If you're wanting to get out of sales, which will basically have to be out of any branches, you will most likely need a degree. There's no "grandfathering" in the company outside of the branches.

Management at my branch is wonderful, my branch manager lets me take a class outside of work that requires me to miss one day a week. They also encourage me to look inside the company for other opportunities to move up. The life and work balance are very good. All of my supervisors are great and we get along very well. They are really the only reason I have stayed. However upper management doesn't seem to care what's going on or how busy you are, when they ask you for something you basically have to drop everything you're doing for them.

Arvest has an awesome 401k plan with profit sharing and matching up to 5% in retirement funds that you put in. They also have good health, eye, and dental care plans. Really one of the reasons I wanted to stay with the company. However, the compensation for all that the tellers do isn't good enough.

The hardest part of this job is feeling like you have no room for error. Everything you do is scrutinized. You could be on top of things all day, get all your work and work behind the line done, and you will still be pulled to a closed office and "coached" on a small printing error you made. Everything feels like a BIG deal. There's little to no praise in this work space unless you are making sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is my coworkers and most of the regular customers. I love interacting with people and seeing most of them on a daily basis is nice.
Pros
great coworkers, great benefits, great work/home balance, decent job
Cons
pressure to sell, over scrutinized work, bad staffing, under compensated for what you do
Good Company - Changing Industry
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJune 10, 2016
Arvest Bank cares about its customer and associates. While working for the customers I have seen a lot of change, but the one thing that has stayed the same is the attitude and culture of the company. This company really takes care of its own.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Non-Traditional Banking Hours, shift could vary. Changing Industry
Fun work enviroment
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2016
Arvest takes care of their employees, and really like how they are all for customer service. They want their employees and customers feel as special as they can. Every day I always see so many smiling faces and super nice customers, I enjoy being able to help anyone I can. The management has been great, they love their employees and you can tell too. Co workers are great to work with, they are all nice and fun and inviting, nothing like anywhere else I've worked before. The only hard part about my job is having to turn someone down because it is out of our knowledge and policy to help.
Pros
Incentives, happy customers.
Cons
taxed incentives.
Love it
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work for. The culture of this company puts associates first. I love Arvest because of the customers and associates who make it enjoyable. Career pathing is very important to this company.
Great place to work and fun people to work with.
VP Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2016
Overall culture is great and opportunities for advancement is there if you want to stay in banking. The benefits with medical and 401K are nice.
Pros
Great people and managment
Cons
Can't think of anything I'd list as a con
everything was great but management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2017
• Audit the teller vault, coin machine, cash dispensers, and ATM weekly.
• Verify that all opening/closing procedures are done properly.
• Maintain the vault and associated security procedures.
• Maintain reports to determine cash needs and monitor branch limits.
• Accurately process customer transactions in a timely manner.
• Supervise and motivate ten-member teller staff, trained new tellers.
• Manage the branch when there is no manager or supervisor on site.
• Perform quarterly audits on gift cards, money orders and cashier’s checks.
• Process and balance daily transactions through branch capture.
Great work life balance
Sr. Compliance Anylst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKSeptember 26, 2016
New compliance team. Great work life balance. Extended foot print. Management is seasoned and knowledgeable. The ability to move up is limited. I need to relocate to OKlahona City due to newly married and husband is in the military. The banks core working area for employees is Tulsa, Kansas Ciry and Lowell Arkansas.
They should work on things....
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2016
I worked at a very busy branch for my area. As a matter of fact when I was in training people looked at me like I was crazy when I told them what branch I was going to. The people that I worked with is the only thing that made me stay here for the short amount of time I did. The management here is absolutely terrible and they pick and choose their favorites. And you better hope you're one of them..... They have no concern for anything going on outside of the branch all they care about is meeting stupid sales goals and it gets annoying. People were never appreciated enough unless everyone met their goals to make the manager looks good. There was a lot of talking about old employees from manager to other employees that was uncalled for. bottom line is the other Teller's are normally pretty nice and easy to work with but the management is less than desireable.
Pros
fun employees
Cons
management
Okay, yet too much drama
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 30, 2016
Manager picks on people. People in the office always created drama and talked behind others backs. The hardest part of the job was multitasking making collection calls while taking payments and noting accounts all at the same time. The best part of the job is doing payments and meeting new people.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch and a bonus here and there.
Cons
Drama, and a lot of people talking behind your back. Micromanagement.
Great Job
CONTACT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 5, 2016
Great Job, good benefits, amazing coworkers and great management. The hardest thing about the job is the repetitive calls all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to spend time with people who are willing to do anything for anyone. It really is a one big family.
Great work experience depending on branch
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2017
From what I understand, your enjoyment is depending on your branch manager and what it is like at your specific branch. I got lucky, and I love the people I work with, but others I work with came from other branches that they did not like who they worked with. It all depends on who your manager is and what your coworkers are like.
Very positive work environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Arvest. I loved everyone that I worked with and it was very easy to move up within the company. I went from a part time teller to an assistant branch manager within a year of working there. The customers are great and the company really focuses on customer service.
Great work enivornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2016
opportunity to expand within the company

great benefits, health ,dental, and vision

I've to learned to be proficient with Microsoft programs and other computer systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

91%