Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Awesome
Homeowners Assistance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2017
I absolutely LOE this company! Family environment and they coworkers are amazing!! woke up every single day excited to go to my job. Love the managers and what Arvest stood for.
Productive Workplace
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2017
Love working at Arvest. Customers and coworkers are nice. Management is amazing. Friendly atmosphere. There are so many opportunities and you can learn .
Good workplace but old really fast
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 21, 2017
The back office for Arvest Bank has a solid work environment and work place, but can get really tedious really fast. Not only that, but you have to stay chained to the cubical but management will get upset if you get up for too long or away from the cubical to do customer work. Very strict on the numbers when it comes to selling different accounts and compliance with when you should take your breaks and lunch. Good pay and great benefits. Found management to say one thing though and do another which isn't ever a good sign but when you closed an account, they would recognize you.
Pros
Occasional food day
Cons
Short Breaks, chained to cubical
aweful
Teller (Former Employee) –  hot springsApril 7, 2017
this bank doesn't care about it's employees or customers only about making money. I would not recommend this to anyone. do yourself a a favor and go to regions.
Don't work for this bank location!!
Vice President, Arvest Bank (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARApril 6, 2017
This bank group has become too big to be concerned about a little thing like customer service and/or employee appreciation. They want to be the big dog on the porch and be bragged on and noticed for what used to be considered routine service. Customer service at this bank has been long-gone for over 10 years. Egos, bad attitudes and climbing the corporate ladder by playing the office politics and political maneuvering game define this group of Arvest Banks. Take my word for it....you don't want to work for these people. They won't care about you at all.
Pros
PTO days
Cons
Loan managers, downsizing employees, advancement and salary.
Love
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 2, 2017
Arvest is a fantastic place to work. There are always options for upward mobility and they will work with scheduling. There are rigorous stats to maintain, but the rewards are worth it.
Great Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2017
Everyone there got along very well. You get a week of training which is very detailed and helpful. All co-workers willing to lend a hand whenever you needed it.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 30, 2017
A place to handle financial responsibilities. Friendly atmosphere. Banking is secure and promotions if performances are of quality. A place grow and promote self in the accounting field.
Pros
Compensation if you sale and market
Cons
Advertising too much for more money
Very positive work environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Arvest. I loved everyone that I worked with and it was very easy to move up within the company. I went from a part time teller to an assistant branch manager within a year of working there. The customers are great and the company really focuses on customer service.
Great place to work with great benefits.
Bank Clerk (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 9, 2017
Arvest Bank is a great place to work! There are so many opportunities and you can learn about the many different areas of banking. Bank atmosphere is very customer oriented.
The Best Employer in the Area
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 7, 2017
I have worked for Arvest Bank for the past year and a half, and I never want to leave.

From learning important technical skills required to be successful in the banking industry, to training centered around self awareness and personal development, you can really tell that Arvest values their employees and wants them to succeed.

Everything about Arvest screams a culture of family, team work, and mutual respect. Only the best of the best get hired here, and the bad weeds are weeded out quickly. There is virtually no drama, and if you don't have the personality, you won't cut it.

The hardest part of the job, for me, is leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers, building relationships with coworkers, and being given the chance to excel.

The benefits are amazing. Management is down to earth and friendly, and truly believes in the open door policy. Most people are hired at entry level, and then promoted from within. All training and skills necessary to be successful are provided free of charge to the employee.

I highly recommend this employer to anyone looking for a career or background in the finance and banking industry.
Great Place to work IF your Branch Manager likes you
Teller (Former Employee) –  Centerton, ARMarch 2, 2017
If a manager doesn't fully like you, or likes you too much, you cannot go anywhere within the company. Without their approval- you're stuck.
However, the work environment and culture of the company is fantastic! They train you heavily, and give you every opportunity to learn more and grow as a team, and individually.
Arvest pays you WAY less than most banks pay their tellers.
Pros
PTO, Culture, Learning Potential
Cons
Salary, Management.
Good company with helpful managers
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2017
Arvest is a good company with helpful managers but they struggle to reward/compensate their best and brightest. This causes those individuals to leave.
High responsibility for Low pay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2017
When I first started, I was hoping to find my forever company - somewhere I could grow - but now I don't see that happening.

First of all, I'm at a pretty busy branch that, when I first started, needed a certain amount of people to run it. Well come to find out in the next few months, the numbers didn't crunch right and 2 positions were let go. My branch now feels extremely under staffed and my manager can't do anything because its over their pay grade. And as far as I know that's now the new thing this year, cutting staff to the minimum and using a new scheduling system.

Do you like selling? Because you're going to be doing it here. Along with the multiple other customer-centered jobs you have (writing care cards, making birthday calls, and follow-up calls between handling actual customer transactions) you will need to reach a sales criteria each month. Don't get me wrong, it's attainable, IF you're at the right branch. However if you're not (meaning your customers are in general people who CAN'T handle their own money), you will be "coached" about it each month and receive a ton of emails about how the sales need to be up.

You run everything behind the line, from ordering supplies, cleaning machines, filing paper work, working with various online applications, and taking "classes" on the online university. This is the part I enjoy about the job, however it can be overwhelming when it's busy and you don't have the time or staffing to do that extra work.

You will be on your feet 8 hours a day. At least that's how it is at my branch, who lost their chair privileges
  more... before I applied. And they say you can take small "breaks", but it's hard for me to even get to the bathroom sometimes so good luck with that. Advice would be to buy insoles for shoes.

There are not a lot of opportunities to move up. Most tellers are behind the line for years before they can move to any kind of desk job. If you're wanting to get out of sales, which will basically have to be out of any branches, you will most likely need a degree. There's no "grandfathering" in the company outside of the branches.

Management at my branch is wonderful, my branch manager lets me take a class outside of work that requires me to miss one day a week. They also encourage me to look inside the company for other opportunities to move up. The life and work balance are very good. All of my supervisors are great and we get along very well. They are really the only reason I have stayed. However upper management doesn't seem to care what's going on or how busy you are, when they ask you for something you basically have to drop everything you're doing for them.

Arvest has an awesome 401k plan with profit sharing and matching up to 5% in retirement funds that you put in. They also have good health, eye, and dental care plans. Really one of the reasons I wanted to stay with the company. However, the compensation for all that the tellers do isn't good enough.

The hardest part of this job is feeling like you have no room for error. Everything you do is scrutinized. You could be on top of things all day, get all your work and work behind the line done, and you will still be pulled to a closed office and "coached" on a small printing error you made. Everything feels like a BIG deal. There's little to no praise in this work space unless you are making sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is my coworkers and most of the regular customers. I love interacting with people and seeing most of them on a daily basis is nice.
Pros
great coworkers, great benefits, great work/home balance, decent job
Cons
pressure to sell, over scrutinized work, bad staffing, under compensated for what you do
5 Star Power!
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARFebruary 6, 2017
This company is the best when it comes to professional and organized business not only for the customer but for the employees. This company has won the J.D. Power and Associate award year after year and there is no surprise why.
customer focused
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2017
Enjoyed working with associates. Very friendly. Very customer focused. They provide lots of training. They are very involved in community and offer volunteer opportunities.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Fun and learning
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 25, 2017
Good Place to learn about the banking system. I would recommend as a starting place for banking and finance majors. It gives the ability to learn about the operations of a bank branch.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
The culture is different in every department.
Mortgage Department (Former Employee) –  KC MetroJanuary 24, 2017
The mortgage department and manager are very cliquish and favoritism is overwhelming. It's very obvious in a very short time who management wants as their successful loan officers and loan officer assistants, by where and who they are assigned and leads given. The normal course of work ethics to get loans closed on time is, "it doesn't matter/they don't care," but they will not miss their smoke breaks, no matter what. The operations manager is lazy and does not respond to loan officers when their supervisors are not available. The front of the bank employees are very nice, but other departments, especially the mortgage department, are a different story and their own animal.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Upper management is very snobbish and cliquish/favorites.
Great work experience depending on branch
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2017
From what I understand, your enjoyment is depending on your branch manager and what it is like at your specific branch. I got lucky, and I love the people I work with, but others I work with came from other branches that they did not like who they worked with. It all depends on who your manager is and what your coworkers are like.
Love it
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work for. The culture of this company puts associates first. I love Arvest because of the customers and associates who make it enjoyable. Career pathing is very important to this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.