Arvest Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job
CONTACT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 5, 2016
Great Job, good benefits, amazing coworkers and great management. The hardest thing about the job is the repetitive calls all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to spend time with people who are willing to do anything for anyone. It really is a one big family.
Great work enivornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2016
opportunity to expand within the company

great benefits, health ,dental, and vision

I've to learned to be proficient with Microsoft programs and other computer systems
Amazing Place to Work
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 2, 2015
I have been with the company for many years, it is truly an amazing company to work for. Great culture and management. The only down fall would be a limited amount of chances to grow within the company at a certain point.
Pros
great benefits, great company culture
Cons
few opportunities for career advancement
LOW pay and HIGH responsibility
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, AROctober 9, 2015
I applied for this job because it involved working with people which I enjoy and have a lot of experience doing. The company culture was good and I had very nice co-workers and I did enjoy interacting with most customers.

On the negative side, you only get 5 days of training which many seem like enough but if you don't have a background in banking or at least dealing with a lot of cash, you can get overwhelmed very easily especially when it gets busy! Because there is little tolerance for mistakes, one can find themselves without a job within the first month, which happened to me.

Even if you manage to learn the job, it is tough to make it on just $10 an hour! Some pizza delivery drivers make more than that! The company also discourages "moonlighting" and with the extended hours at most branches, one would be unable to do so if they were full-time anyway.

All in all, it can be a good job for someone who is NOT the main breadwinner in the family and has some previous cash handling experience. If not, I would not recommend it for the reasons above.
Pros
Good culture, friendly co-workers, decent benefits
Cons
very low pay, high responsibility, and little tolerance for error
Awesome Employment
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 7, 2015
Arvest is an a amazing company. For first time bankers to those who are well versed in what they do, Arvest has a place for everyone. The environment is so comfortable and not intimidating in any way.
Pros
benefits, advancement and great training
Cons
high turnover
Great culture and customer service.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 2, 2016
The level of incentive and pay for the front line entry level employees is sub-par compared to other successful companies. Easy job on a day to day however, the level of requirements for a teller are slightly excessive. I learned a lot about the banking industry and how to provide an excellent level of customer service which Arvest prides itself in. Management was a struggle because in the amount of time I was there we lost a few and the new ones had a hard time adapting to the culture that was already at the branch so they created a whole new environment. Co-workers are great and it is a fun team oriented environment. Hardest part of the job was the turnover and difficulty to move up within the company. The environment and custom relations is highly enjoyable especially if you love the sales/customer service business. Good company to work as a first job/part time while in University.
Pros
Great environment and easy tasks.
Cons
Difficulty in promotion, and low pay to job ratio.
good work place not good managment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pea Ridge, ARJanuary 11, 2016
- answer phones
- greet people that walk in the door
- management didn't help when busy
- expensive benefits
- hardest part selling products to customers
- never busy
Good job, just not for me.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2015
There are a lot of things to like about this job, Arvest is definitely a great company to work for with good benefits. I enjoy all the people I work with. The hours are weird for me and my medical issues, but there are a lot of great things about this job and this company.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Not banker's hours
Fun workplace with low pay, long hours, and no management
Consumer Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2015
It's a job. No one does anything about poor management. Management gets bankers hours but no one else does. HORRIBLE pay!
Pros
Co-workers, advancement
Cons
Hours, low pay, work life balance is horrible
Its alright
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 27, 2015
The pay is low and the benefits are not very good. It is not a large company so there is not very much room to move around the company if you want to change departments.
Loved working there
Deposit Counselor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2016
Business casual for tellers
Trying to remember the customer names
Easy job
High turnover
Co-workers could make the environment fun
fast pace environment
I learned about banking and accounting
Good paid time off
Management was great
Pros
Opportunites for advancement and health insurance
Cons
Sales and shops
Low pay, not worth the stress
CSR and Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2015
-low pay
-horrific management
-high school clique setting
-no place for advancement
-the Customer Service Department has a very high stress level.

I started at the Mortgage Company in Little Rock, AR with over 500 co-workers. I just left this week, and now there are barely 200 employees. That should tell you something.
Pros
Jean Fridays, PTO
Cons
Bad management, low pay
The way this place is run is a joke
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 16, 2016
The management abuses their power because they can. My branch lost our chair privileges so we stood for 8 hours a day. The turnover rate is ridiculous and when you first get there they tell you that a lot of people have gotten promoted which is not true. There is only a slim chance of actually getting promoted. They are highly customer service focused but don't really seem to care about their employees.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Management, work hours, lots of useless training
Sale Sale Sale
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2015
If you are in to sales this is a job for you. Depending on your location it could be a win win,a win lose or a lose lose. Win Win being that you chose a branch that everyone gets along with everyone as well as being at a busy branch. (where you make your sales) Win lose is because you are making your sales and management could use a lot of improvement. Because of instead of handling any issues that come up themselves they go directly to their supervisor. Or a lose lose where you are at a slow location where there maybe a few transactions a day and hardly any sales.
Pros
benifits
Cons
New company to GKC area
Deposit Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 11, 2015
Good place to work. Very intelligent staff and workers. Typical day is very productive. Management is understanding and willing to help and work with us. the hardest part of the job is there are some days there is lots of work and some days no work. most enjoyable is the people. They make the place a good diverse and good place to want to work in.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
tough to obtain promotions and raises
Awful place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 30, 2015
Arvest is an awful place to work. I was lied to from the day I was hired. They want you to relolve you whole life around work. If you have kids good luck because they wouldn't ever let me off to do anything with my kids. The management was very poor. If you ever wonder why they always have new people. It's because people quit not because they move up like they tell you. The whole 5 months I worked there was the most miserable 5 months of my life. I advise not banking there either they are always charging un necessary fees for everything. They make the employees sell customers products and if you don't meet you goal for the month you will be in trouble.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Not for everyone
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 1, 2015
Not a lot of room for advancement in company, must expect to be pushed for lots of sales, good PTO and insurance, not willing to work with you on schedules
Pros
PTO, health insurance
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
This company made it easy to advance within the organization
Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2015
Running banking transactions.
I gained knowledge in the Financial industry that helped further my career in Accounting.
Management was great.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs were the individuals that I worked along side with.
Pros
Great people and advancement through company
Cons
Pay
Fun work environment!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 13, 2015
Awesome co-workers with a team like envirnoment. Great pay with benefits & the ability to move up within the company. The hardest part of the job was probably getting ahold of a lead representive for questions or concerns that a customer might have that I did not have the authority over.
Great bank to be employed at
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 12, 2015
This bank, like any other bank, has its perks for working with them even extending for their part time. Well paid and usually a great atmosphere.
Pros
Employee benefits, no Sunday work
Cons
Saturdays a must work, high work load at predictable times