Arvest Bank Employee Review

My home for the last 7 years
Reconciliation Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 8, 2013
Arvest is a great place to work. While I have not worked in a department that lets you work chedules other than 8 to 5, the rule in my division is you can clock in up to 8:10 without an issue. You can take short or long lunches, or have appointments, and the supervisors are really flexible, as long as you work with them and get your 40 hours in. There are lots of Arvest locations, so you can likely find a job in the spot that is the most convenient for you. The chain of command tries to make it fun and add conveniences for the regular workers, there are lots of activities like fun meetings, picnics, blood drives, etc. The PTO policy is good; it adds up quickly and you don't have a "use by" date. You can accrue as much as you like and pretty much use it whenever you want. As a mother of two little ones, I have never had an issue leaving early to get a child or if I have to run something to school or want to volunteer.
They are quick to help you in your career, there are lots of opportunities to move around if you don't like the position you're in.
One thing I don't like is the pay scale, I feel it is industry low. Then over the last few years, they have revamped it several times and the scale keeps getting lower. Also I feel that it is hard to move to a higher paying position, as the managers tend to stick around. That's good for the people, not a lot of managerial turnover, however it's bad if you're wanting to move into a higher position. Another thing I don't care for is there seems to be something of a buddy system. If a manager has a position open, sometimes
  more... they give it to "who they know" rather than maybe who is actually the best person for the job. So they have the job posting open and waste everyone's time by interviewing everyone that is qualified for it, when they know going in, who they are going to hire.  less

Other Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Good Working Environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Arvest was a great place to work. I worked there for 12 years and had no major issues with the job. I simply left because I wanted to do something different than banking.
I enjoyed working there very much
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 16, 2018
The atmosphere there is very friendly and helpful. Arvest provides a lot of paid training so that you never really feel unprepared. They are constantly trying to ask and improve on the way they treat their employees.