Arvest Bank

Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Politics with no life outside of work or advancement opportunities
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Extremely low wage, no advancement opportunity, management plays favorites/politics, lazy co-workers, and no rewards for hard work.
A typical day at work consisted of arriving to find that only one other co-workers behind the teller line actually was doing their job (there were six total tellers behind the line most of the time). Then, the request by management for you to work increasingly harder to pick up the slack for the others texting on phones, conversing in the back, playing games/surfing the web, or eating and drinking (non alcoholic) would begin. Other employees would not be accountable for their mistakes, and it was like working with a group of children.

Even if I worked at maximum efficiency, exceeded all personal sales goals, and did everything and then some in my job description, I would be pulled into an office and raked over the coals by management because I accidentally mispronounced a customer's last name (spelled similarly to qbsdiuhsudhsfoisdfosduhfsoid) or initialed a form 11 times instead of the mandated 12 times.

Management clearly played favorites with employees rather than being impartial leaders with the goals of keeping all employees focused on performing to the best of their abilities in a safe and serene work environment. If you did so much as breathe in the direction of a golden employee (and it was perceived as a slight), you would be called into the office by the manager playing favorites and be excoriated without any considerations of the circumstances or what actually transpired.

As someone, who was a model employee and was looking for advancement opportunities at Arvest, I was extremely disappointed about many things. Arvest claimed to have a desire to promote from – more... within the company, but, every time I would look on LinkedIn, I would realize that they were consistently "welcoming new employee X acquired from company Y (not Arvest)". Additionally, the time it takes to get a promotion is INSANE! One of the tellers I worked with was on the teller line for EIGHT YEARS before getting a (well deserved) promotion. Yet another teller has been there for SEVEN years and is still on the teller line. Waiting close to a decade before advancing in the company is INSANE! They want to train someone to be the best teller and then keep them their indefinitely with tiny raises and a non-existent chance for promotion.

Finally, the contradictions of management were enough to make you go insane. Management would say things like "we want you to feel empowered to make decisions to help make the customer experience better" but then they will get mad at you if you do anything that they did not approve. Once I had an angry customer, and I decided to listen, look at his issue, and actually spend the time necessary to resolve his issue. Rather that getting a "thank you for going above and beyond to help this customer" or a "we appreciate that you could help that customer with his issues and calm him down when no one else could", I received an "in the future, you should never take that long to address a customer's concerns", "you should have sent their call to me", and "you need to go back and read your job description and re-complete some training." Management also said to meet employees from other branches to know your fellow employees and feel comfortable asking for help and collaborating to help customers. However, if you talk with another employee at another branch on the phone or via messaging and email, they will scold you for getting to know the other branch employees and for being friendly with them.

This job will pay the bills, but it will not lead to a career. You are only fooling yourself if you believe that the company actually cares about your happiness and success. While working there, I had a friend with a job as a waiter at a restaurant in the same city. He averaged $15/hr while the bank was barely paying above minimum wage. They ask a huge amount of work and responsibility out of their employees and expect to pay them barely above minimum wage, which is simply a disgrace considering that one of the richest men in the WORLD owns this bank and other competitors were offering $13/hr starting wages.

Caveat Emptor! You will not get what you bargained for when you accept a teller job at Arvest. It will be the seventh circle with hundreds of middle management Nero types waiting to play you a tune. – less
Very Professional Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2015
Pros: Learning the banking process and great team of people
Cons: Being Robbed at Gun point
A typical work day was cashing checking, processing withdraws or deposit. Offering bank products and open and closing the bank. I learned many banking rules and reglations. My co- workers were very friendly and I made great friends since I was new to the area. The hardest part was only when we were short-handed. I enjoyed the in's and out's of the finance world.
Fun work environment!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Norman, OKJune 13, 2015
Awesome co-workers with a team like envirnoment. Great pay with benefits & the ability to move up within the company. The hardest part of the job was probably getting ahold of a lead representive for questions or concerns that a customer might have that I did not have the authority over.
Repetitive and boring
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2015
Pros: one time with breaks
Cons: worthless breaks felt like i was back in school.
The place was very enclosed not enjoyable at all. Management did not know when to stop micro-managing and let the workers just work.
Interesting look at the banking industry
Deposit Input/Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMay 27, 2015
I started out as a teller and did the basic cash handling/customer service then transitioned to the operations side working in deposit input sorting deposit documents and incoming mail.
Very Flexible and Customer Oriented Company
Bank Teller/Teller Mentor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Arvest has very flexible scheduling. Management is very involved and proactive in all situations. Arvest is people and customer oriented.
Great bank to be employed at
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Employee benefits, no Sunday work
Cons: Saturdays a must work, high work load at predictable times
This bank, like any other bank, has its perks for working with them even extending for their part time. Well paid and usually a great atmosphere.
Would Work Here Again
Teller (Former Employee), Fayetteville,ARMay 11, 2015
Pros: Pay
Really enjoyed the workplace. Great pay. Great bonuses. Great training. Reimbursement was great. Made great contacts and connections.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere and customer focused associates
Cons: Pay can seem lower than other banks if sales goals aren't met.
Arvest is a strong, reliable bank that offers so much. I left the company for a different bank and definitely realize what I often took for granted. I will, and currently do recommend Arvest to everyone who is looking for a great career.
Arvest is a productive, community related, customer service orientated and driven company.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKApril 20, 2015
Arvest is commitment to focusing on the customer above all else. They stay true to their Mission Statement– “People helping people find financial solutions for life.” From senior administration down the chain, the practice of the mission statement is executed throughout the organization.
Arvest Bank
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 17, 2015
An excellent place to work. Wonderful values, culture and growth opportunities. I highly suggest this company for anyone looking for a family orientated place that genuinely cares about it's associates.
Deposit Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee), Norman, OKApril 11, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: tough to obtain promotions and raises
Good place to work. Very intelligent staff and workers. Typical day is very productive. Management is understanding and willing to help and work with us. the hardest part of the job is there are some days there is lots of work and some days no work. most enjoyable is the people. They make the place a good diverse and good place to want to work in.
Good Place
Commercial loan assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2015
I enjoy the benefits and people working together as a team.They have a great goal, and that is making sure they are fully focused on customer's satisfaction.
Sale Sale Sale
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: New company to GKC area
If you are in to sales this is a job for you. Depending on your location it could be a win win,a win lose or a lose lose. Win Win being that you chose a branch that everyone gets along with everyone as well as being at a busy branch. (where you make your sales) Win lose is because you are making your sales and management could use a lot of improvement. Because of instead of handling any issues that come up themselves they go directly to their supervisor. Or a lose lose where you are at a slow location where there maybe a few transactions a day and hardly any sales.
Fun work place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma CItyMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free pop-corn and coffee
Cons: no water
 Analyze credit data and financial statements
 Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
 Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, saving data, payment history, and purchase activity.
 Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
 Complete loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval
Bad management.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Branson West, MOMarch 6, 2015
Pros: nice customers
Cons: short breaks, long hours, horrible management
I was only there for a few months. I was never given a chance to perform. My manager and I are very opposite people which can be a good thing if you learn to balance each other out but she wanted someone just like and and when my review came up she fired me because I wasn't a good fit.
Great Benefits, Friendly environment
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rogers, ARFebruary 25, 2015
Like many other small bank companies, the atmosphere was very family friendly. To drive productivity many incentives were offered which also created competition.
A Job
Teller (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2015
This is all being done so that I can just post my resume to indeed. The company I worked for was great, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to be employed.
Loved my customers but very poor Management!!
Bank Teller- Greeting (Former Employee), Lebanon, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: pto time, my customers
Cons: hours, management, no advancements, constant lies, etc i could go on and on
I started out a part time employee and that's where I stayed..I got the bad hours which meant I closed every night when I would ask for more hours they would tell me that qualifies me to have insurance so that wasn't gonna happen! My manager was not a good manager at all if you weren't one of the people that came with her from Bank of America u were a no body! She could go days and not say one word to you! The assistant manager quit at our branch 4 months before I did because of the manager and I quit for the same reason! U would think someone would get a clue in upper management but NOPE no clue! Good luck to the next victim that takes this job!!!
Good
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2015
This is a good company to work at if you want to 20 words is required so yes good company. Still not enough words. It was good to work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Arvest Bank

Arvest Bank Group operates more than 240 locations in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Through Arvest Bank, it provides traditional services such – Read more

Arvest Bank Salaries