Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Arvest Bank
Human Resources Administrator/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Great hours. My first experience in my desired career field of Human Resources Management. Great training experience that allowed me to move forward once my time at Arvest was done.
Pros
training
Cons
gossipy co-workers
Awesome environment
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 17, 2017
Arvest is one of the few employers I enjoyed waking up for in the morning. Leadership was phenomenal while employed there. I couldn't thank my manager enough for being so understanding. A helping hand was something I always encountered.
Pros
Managements, Supervision, Team Leads, Culture, Leadership, Pay
Cons
Training
Great Company
Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Good company as far as big banks go. Management can be motivating and the coworkers are all friendly and positive. My old team was the best team I have worked with.
Too many changes at once
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 15, 2017
Depends on each individual...not a bad company just too many changes at once. The company stopped caring about small company family vibe and started to change to dollars instead of what the Walton's had originally attended to help the community and increase growth through respect, productivity and integrity.
productive
Team Lead - Image Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2017
Data entry was brutal. Thought my arm was gonna fall off for a while there. Understanding about home life issues. Felt open door police was closed door due to lack of assistance I would get
Depending on Where You Work
Input Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 13, 2017
I started Arvest as a temp. They were in the process of hiring me when I had to go back home to help my mom. They were building a new operations center in my hometown and transferred there. The difference in the management and environment at the new facility were night and day. It was a great place to work. I eventually moved back to NWA and they transferred me back to the department I originally started with. The environment was totally different and in the time I was there they fired my supervisor and replaced her with someone that wasn't qualified for that position on both a work and maturity level. I loved the people I worked with and they did have me working in several departments to help out when needed. It made me feel good about working there and making a difference.
Pros
Varied Duties
Cons
Salary
Great company, long days low pay
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARSeptember 13, 2017
Company is really good to customers but don't pay employees very well. They have extended hours so day begins super early or ends super late. Large staff turnover due to pay and hours
Pros
Customer focused
Cons
Long days, low pay
Fun job, poor management.
Full Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73533September 7, 2017
Working for this company gave me a lot of experience in money handling and customer service, as well as problem solving skills. BUT, tellers were highly under appreciated and never got credit for the good things and hard work they do. Management hardly ever recognized the tellers.
Good place to work, but could be better.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOSeptember 6, 2017
For the most part enjoyed it. Bank ranked in Forbes Top List. The bank is growing, just recently purchased another bank in Missouri and Oklahoma, some issues though.
Pros
Okay culture, relaxed atmosphere, paid time off.
Cons
"Arvest gray area" (banking rules frequently overlooked or left to interpretation), high turnover, too many alliances amongst some management and lower level employees, constantly understaffed, no sick time off, have to use earned paid time off.
Nice place to work
SENIOR TELLER (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74137September 1, 2017
good place to work but poorly paid and bad relationship between management and staff long lunches and no overtime more about speed then customer service
Setting the bar high
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARAugust 25, 2017
Amazing company, amazing people, great mission statement. You are truly valued there as an employee. If you get the opportunity to work for Arvest, just know you have a great place to build a career
Great culture, sub-par pay.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74146August 20, 2017
Arvest has an excellent culture and work environment. Pay is a little below other institutions, but the benefits are great.

I train technical courses as well as sales.
If you aren't a favorite
Sr. Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2017
You can kiss your job goodbye, especially if you just transferred to a new office and they decide that they don't like you. Probation starts over each time you move up in the company, and they can let you go for the silliest reason
Production was chaos because management turnover
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2017
Great place as an entry level for a high school student or just beginning college. The company says they want you to advance but dont give the skills necessary to do so.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks
Liked meeting new customers.
Customer Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 16, 2017
Liked sealing annuities and supplying a product for customer satisfaction. Opened checking accounts and savings. Sold credit cards and auto loans. Enjoyed setting goals and winning employee of the year award.
Great.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 9, 2017
I have had a great experience with Arvest Bank since beginning work here one year ago. Coworkers work well with each other, and management is very helpful and caring.
Teller supervisor
Bank Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 9, 2017
Great benefits. Fast paced environment. Requires great customer service skills and handling customer concerns. Great management team. Good place to work.
Friendly place to work with great PTO
SENIOR TELLER (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 8, 2017
The overall atmosphere is great - they love to have fun and show how much they appreciate their employees! Through team building exercises, bonus incentives and sales incentives, they give you a reason to want to succeed.
Pros
They love to promote from within, love potlucks, love group activities, great PTO (you are constantly accruing hours)
Cons
Open later than most banks, all branches do things differently which can lead to very unhappy customers
A good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Arvest for nearly 10 years. There are many changes that have happened that have done well with the retail operations. There is room to grow here. They do not pay as well as other banks, but the culture is great.
Fun place to work
Foreclosure Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 28, 2017
Excellent place to work. Always having something for the employees. Teamwork is a must. Benefits are great. PTO is great for earning and taking time off
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not able to join 401K for six months and 21 yrs or older.