Arvest Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great culture and customer service.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 2, 2016
The level of incentive and pay for the front line entry level employees is sub-par compared to other successful companies. Easy job on a day to day however, the level of requirements for a teller are slightly excessive. I learned a lot about the banking industry and how to provide an excellent level of customer service which Arvest prides itself in. Management was a struggle because in the amount of time I was there we lost a few and the new ones had a hard time adapting to the culture that was already at the branch so they created a whole new environment. Co-workers are great and it is a fun team oriented environment. Hardest part of the job was the turnover and difficulty to move up within the company. The environment and custom relations is highly enjoyable especially if you love the sales/customer service business. Good company to work as a first job/part time while in University.
Pros
Great environment and easy tasks.
Cons
Difficulty in promotion, and low pay to job ratio.
Good benefits and great start to a career in banking
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Overall job was great. Be on time and follow the rules and you'll succeed. And must be flexible with work schedule provided.
Gossip Central
VP Consumer Loan Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Experience and performance gets you nowhere all about who you know and what they want. Worked for many years and management wasn't knowledgeable or capable.
good work place not good managment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pea Ridge, ARJanuary 11, 2016
- answer phones
- greet people that walk in the door
- management didn't help when busy
- expensive benefits
- hardest part selling products to customers
- never busy
I enjoyed working there
teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2016
Fun, fast paced, easily entertained. Was a very good way to learn about banking and the aspects of accounting. I enjoyed my time while at Arvest.
A Nice Place to work
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 3, 2016
I really don't have any complaints about working here. If I hadn't had to leave because of school then I would have stayed working there until I was ready to move on to an adult job.
Low pay, not worth the stress
CSR and Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2015
-low pay
-horrific management
-high school clique setting
-no place for advancement
-the Customer Service Department has a very high stress level.

I started at the Mortgage Company in Little Rock, AR with over 500 co-workers. I just left this week, and now there are barely 200 employees. That should tell you something.
Pros
Jean Fridays, PTO
Cons
Bad management, low pay
Awesome Employment
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 7, 2015
Arvest is an a amazing company. For first time bankers to those who are well versed in what they do, Arvest has a place for everyone. The environment is so comfortable and not intimidating in any way.
Pros
benefits, advancement and great training
Cons
high turnover
Look elsewhere
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 7, 2015
In the years I worked at Arvest it changed a great deal. When I left the focus was no longer on helping the customer but the sales and percentages. Because of the emphasis on sales it made helping the customer difficult even for the Branch Manager. And please don't let the smiles of the HR manager fool you. She's a snake.
Cons
too political
stressfull
teller (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 7, 2015
the work can be overwhelming due to lack of communication and support from management. The training is nice and they give the opportunity to learn and promote within. However, small community regions are not as energetic as others.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
lack of communication and negativity in some regions
Not for everyone
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 1, 2015
Not a lot of room for advancement in company, must expect to be pushed for lots of sales, good PTO and insurance, not willing to work with you on schedules
Pros
PTO, health insurance
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Productive professional workplace with great people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wagoner, OKNovember 30, 2015
This is a great place to work and grow. Professional environment yet still laid back. I am challenged by my job and find myself always learning something new.
teller
Mortgage Processor II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 24, 2015
working with peolpe was great getting to meet new faces helping people working with a great bunch of out going peolpe was great being out in the open world was the best
Fun workplace with low pay, long hours, and no management
Consumer Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2015
It's a job. No one does anything about poor management. Management gets bankers hours but no one else does. HORRIBLE pay!
Pros
Co-workers, advancement
Cons
Hours, low pay, work life balance is horrible
This company made it easy to advance within the organization
Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2015
Running banking transactions.
I gained knowledge in the Financial industry that helped further my career in Accounting.
Management was great.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs were the individuals that I worked along side with.
Pros
Great people and advancement through company
Cons
Pay
Community Bank with focus on customer service.
Senior Vice President -Manager Private Banking (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2015
Retail bank striving to provide excellent customer service to their clients.
Focus on medical and real estate lending in the commercial department.
Good job, just not for me.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2015
There are a lot of things to like about this job, Arvest is definitely a great company to work for with good benefits. I enjoy all the people I work with. The hours are weird for me and my medical issues, but there are a lot of great things about this job and this company.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Not banker's hours
Amazing Place to Work
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 2, 2015
I have been with the company for many years, it is truly an amazing company to work for. Great culture and management. The only down fall would be a limited amount of chances to grow within the company at a certain point.
Pros
great benefits, great company culture
Cons
few opportunities for career advancement
Awful place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 30, 2015
Arvest is an awful place to work. I was lied to from the day I was hired. They want you to relolve you whole life around work. If you have kids good luck because they wouldn't ever let me off to do anything with my kids. The management was very poor. If you ever wonder why they always have new people. It's because people quit not because they move up like they tell you. The whole 5 months I worked there was the most miserable 5 months of my life. I advise not banking there either they are always charging un necessary fees for everything. They make the employees sell customers products and if you don't meet you goal for the month you will be in trouble.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
ok
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 11, 2015
The job is ok. I do not feel that you have a large opportunity to advance. Not willing to pay overtime when needed. Hard to take PTO.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
no work life balance.