Arvest Bank Employee Reviews in United States

good company to work for
Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 18, 2015
-8-5 doing audits
-learned a lot about mortgage and finances
-good managemnt
-great co workers
-hardest part is trying to get comfortable while sittig for long periods of time
-most enjoyable is taking care of different problems
A great company to work for
Group Security Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 15, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Arvest. It was a great place to learn new things. I feel I have progressed my career while working there. The PTO is excellent.
Pros
A leader in banking
Cons
No locations in Illinois
Mortgage Department
Mortgage Broker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2015
Arvest is a friendly company with in time will improve in many areas but I new to Kansas City currently. I got more involved with the community due to the community events they participated in.
Reliable and Dependable worker
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2015
I am a very hard worker, and I am reliable as well. I am a team player and get along with other very well.

I have learned a lot of different things in my careers I have chosen, and just would like the opportunity to move up with a great Company.

I am always ready for a challenge.
Arvest Bank
Financial Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityAugust 24, 2015
Great People, Great Culture. Each location is different, But everyone is super nice, and really work together as a team
Teller (Former Employee) –  Moore, OklahomaAugust 19, 2015
Had to hold a correct dwarer amount at all times, had many customers a day that I greeted. I learned a lot about working at a bank. It was a very fast paced job and I loved that. Very challenging.
Deposit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at work consists of helping customers with their daily account maintenance. I learned a great deal about customer service, conflict resolution, time management, auditing, federal regulations, communication and sales. The management is awesome. The hardest part of the job was meeting the sales goals at time, however management or a co-worker was always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping individuals meet their financial goals.
Great company to work for. Arvest cares about their employees
Mortgage Lender (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 20, 2015
Additional training was always available. When I was promoted from loan processor to Mortgage Lender training was immediate to make sure I had all the tools to do my job. Co-workers all seemed to get along. No drama. Arvest is like a family.
Pros
Great atmosphere. Room for advancement
Great Culture
Mortgage Servicing Bankruptcy Lead (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 14, 2015
Not a great place to work. They are based on a system of hiring that is not fair. They are all about people who are in their certain circles. They will not promote or acknowledge you if they feel you are not on their level.
Awesome place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ArJuly 9, 2015
Fast paced customer service center. Learned the many processes of the bank. Management was honest and fair. Coworkers were pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job is the consistent fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was people I worked with.
Politics with no life outside of work or advancement opportunities
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of arriving to find that only one other co-workers behind the teller line actually was doing their job (there were six total tellers behind the line most of the time). Then, the request by management for you to work increasingly harder to pick up the slack for the others texting on phones, conversing in the back, playing games/surfing the web, or eating and drinking (non alcoholic) would begin. Other employees would not be accountable for their mistakes, and it was like working with a group of children.

Even if I worked at maximum efficiency, exceeded all personal sales goals, and did everything and then some in my job description, I would be pulled into an office and raked over the coals by management because I accidentally mispronounced a customer's last name (spelled similarly to qbsdiuhsudhsfoisdfosduhfsoid) or initialed a form 11 times instead of the mandated 12 times.

Management clearly played favorites with employees rather than being impartial leaders with the goals of keeping all employees focused on performing to the best of their abilities in a safe and serene work environment. If you did so much as breathe in the direction of a golden employee (and it was perceived as a slight), you would be called into the office by the manager playing favorites and be excoriated without any considerations of the circumstances or what actually transpired.

As someone, who was a model employee and was looking for advancement opportunities at Arvest, I was extremely disappointed about many things. Arvest claimed to have a desire to promote from
  more... within the company, but, every time I would look on LinkedIn, I would realize that they were consistently "welcoming new employee X acquired from company Y (not Arvest)". Additionally, the time it takes to get a promotion is INSANE! One of the tellers I worked with was on the teller line for EIGHT YEARS before getting a (well deserved) promotion. Yet another teller has been there for SEVEN years and is still on the teller line. Waiting close to a decade before advancing in the company is INSANE! They want to train someone to be the best teller and then keep them their indefinitely with tiny raises and a non-existent chance for promotion.

Finally, the contradictions of management were enough to make you go insane. Management would say things like "we want you to feel empowered to make decisions to help make the customer experience better" but then they will get mad at you if you do anything that they did not approve. Once I had an angry customer, and I decided to listen, look at his issue, and actually spend the time necessary to resolve his issue. Rather that getting a "thank you for going above and beyond to help this customer" or a "we appreciate that you could help that customer with his issues and calm him down when no one else could", I received an "in the future, you should never take that long to address a customer's concerns", "you should have sent their call to me", and "you need to go back and read your job description and re-complete some training." Management also said to meet employees from other branches to know your fellow employees and feel comfortable asking for help and collaborating to help customers. However, if you talk with another employee at another branch on the phone or via messaging and email, they will scold you for getting to know the other branch employees and for being friendly with them.

This job will pay the bills, but it will not lead to a career. You are only fooling yourself if you believe that the company actually cares about your happiness and success. While working there, I had a friend with a job as a waiter at a restaurant in the same city. He averaged $15/hr while the bank was barely paying above minimum wage. They ask a huge amount of work and responsibility out of their employees and expect to pay them barely above minimum wage, which is simply a disgrace considering that one of the richest men in the WORLD owns this bank and other competitors were offering $13/hr starting wages.

Caveat Emptor! You will not get what you bargained for when you accept a teller job at Arvest. It will be the seventh circle with hundreds of middle management Nero types waiting to play you a tune.
Pros
Cons
Extremely low wage, no advancement opportunity, management plays favorites/politics, lazy co-workers, and no rewards for hard work.
Very Professional Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2015
A typical work day was cashing checking, processing withdraws or deposit. Offering bank products and open and closing the bank. I learned many banking rules and reglations. My co- workers were very friendly and I made great friends since I was new to the area. The hardest part was only when we were short-handed. I enjoyed the in's and out's of the finance world.
Pros
Learning the banking process and great team of people
Cons
Being Robbed at Gun point
Fun work environment!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 13, 2015
Awesome co-workers with a team like envirnoment. Great pay with benefits & the ability to move up within the company. The hardest part of the job was probably getting ahold of a lead representive for questions or concerns that a customer might have that I did not have the authority over.
Repetitive and boring
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2015
The place was very enclosed not enjoyable at all. Management did not know when to stop micro-managing and let the workers just work.
Pros
one time with breaks
Cons
worthless breaks felt like i was back in school.
Interesting look at the banking industry
Deposit Input/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 27, 2015
I started out as a teller and did the basic cash handling/customer service then transitioned to the operations side working in deposit input sorting deposit documents and incoming mail.
Very Flexible and Customer Oriented Company
Bank Teller/Teller Mentor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 26, 2015
Arvest has very flexible scheduling. Management is very involved and proactive in all situations. Arvest is people and customer oriented.
Pros
Flexibility
Great bank to be employed at
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 12, 2015
This bank, like any other bank, has its perks for working with them even extending for their part time. Well paid and usually a great atmosphere.
Pros
Employee benefits, no Sunday work
Cons
Saturdays a must work, high work load at predictable times
Would Work Here Again
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville,ARMay 11, 2015
Really enjoyed the workplace. Great pay. Great bonuses. Great training. Reimbursement was great. Made great contacts and connections.
Pros
Pay
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 4, 2015
Arvest is a strong, reliable bank that offers so much. I left the company for a different bank and definitely realize what I often took for granted. I will, and currently do recommend Arvest to everyone who is looking for a great career.
Pros
Great atmosphere and customer focused associates
Cons
Pay can seem lower than other banks if sales goals aren't met.
Arvest is a productive, community related, customer service orientated and driven company.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 20, 2015
Arvest is commitment to focusing on the customer above all else. They stay true to their Mission Statement– “People helping people find financial solutions for life.” From senior administration down the chain, the practice of the mission statement is executed throughout the organization.