Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Financial Service Rep.
Financial Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 18, 2016
This position is great for college students as the hours differentiate. It's a great learning experience for those who wants to further develop their skills in customer service, marketing, and banking.
Cons
Pay is low, no chairs to sit in, stand up all day behind computer, not ergonomic friendly environment
Hours not so great, but supervisors make up for it.
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 12, 2016
Hours not so great, but supervisors make up for it. Turnover is really high, which made stressing over job security a factor in day to day work.
Great company with lots of free popcorn
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 6, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of helping customers. Management was always friendly and knowledgeable. Co-workers were great people, some of which I am still friends with.
Great work life balance
Sr. Compliance Anylst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKSeptember 26, 2016
New compliance team. Great work life balance. Extended foot print. Management is seasoned and knowledgeable. The ability to move up is limited. I need to relocate to OKlahona City due to newly married and husband is in the military. The banks core working area for employees is Tulsa, Kansas Ciry and Lowell Arkansas.
Contact Center Representative
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 23, 2016
• Responds to inbound calls about customer issues from account balance
inquiries and products and other services
• Utilizing multiple banking systems to access customer account information
• Explain bank policies and procedures
• Offer additional services as needed
• Assisted customers with frustrations and assisted in resolving issues that may have occurred with accounts
ok
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKSeptember 18, 2016
I have no intention of reviewing Arvest bank at this time. It seems very unnecessary to review this bank for a job application
They should work on things....
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2016
I worked at a very busy branch for my area. As a matter of fact when I was in training people looked at me like I was crazy when I told them what branch I was going to. The people that I worked with is the only thing that made me stay here for the short amount of time I did. The management here is absolutely terrible and they pick and choose their favorites. And you better hope you're one of them..... They have no concern for anything going on outside of the branch all they care about is meeting stupid sales goals and it gets annoying. People were never appreciated enough unless everyone met their goals to make the manager looks good. There was a lot of talking about old employees from manager to other employees that was uncalled for. bottom line is the other Teller's are normally pretty nice and easy to work with but the management is less than desireable.
Pros
fun employees
Cons
management
Decent
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2016
Not a bad place to work but they have their favorites. They are sales focused. Quantity over quality. A good starter bank.
A gossip circle
Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 26, 2016
Was promised $9000 annual raise after completing Excel-VB templates. Computer provided was incapable of accomplishing the task and supervisor's knowledge was technologically deficient. In summary, the whole effort was designed to fail.
Pros
office parties
Cons
micro managers with inadequate skills
Job is Great!
Financial Services Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 15, 2016
My job at arvest is great. The pay could be a lot better but, other than that I have no complaints about the work life. They strive to be the best in customer service and it has help me grow into a young professional man.
Adequate job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 15, 2016
The job was very routine, great management and co-workers that are willing to help with anything. The customer were mostly enjoyable to work with. The hardest part for me was staring at a computer screen all day. I also thought that training could have been more thorough. I did learn a lot about the inner workings of a bank and more about being a working professional. Overall, a great learning experience.
Pros
Long lunches, set schedule
Cons
Uninnteresting
productive workplace
Front line bank teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2016
One of the largest Banking branch compaines to provide all needs for all customers 6 days a week . Business hours are flexable to the customers needs and meeting customers standards are required. Being a honest and hard working employee will open doors in and outside the workplace.
Productive fun work place which promotes teamwork
Agricultural Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 26, 2016
Building customer relationships while working with a team to provide the best customer service in every aspect of the financial institution. Arvest Bank works within the community building integrity and provides multiple banking and lending needs to every customer while maintaining customer privacy, and promoting teamwork in with every department.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Incentive based
*incredible* opportunity
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 26, 2016
Arvest is a great place to improve on your professional performance and balance sales and customer service. I learned that to be a great leader you must learn the basics but Arvest gives you the right tools to succeed and improve yourself to become just that! great place for a career in the banking world!
Good Company - Changing Industry
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJune 10, 2016
Arvest Bank cares about its customer and associates. While working for the customers I have seen a lot of change, but the one thing that has stayed the same is the attitude and culture of the company. This company really takes care of its own.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Non-Traditional Banking Hours, shift could vary. Changing Industry
very stressful place to work with high turn over
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2016
Arvest Bank has a very different way of banking. Almost like they are operating in the past. No business done from Friday at close to Monday at close. Very difficult to reconcile your checkbook when items are not presented in live time or as they occur.

I learned a lot about banking through Arvest employment. However on a daily basis you are required to take a minimum of 100 calls. You are to assist the customer and be a one call resolution scenario and yet keep calls to a minimum time wise.

Management doesnt really communicate with one another to know what is going on as a whole center.

Most workers suffer from burn out due to high demand of call time and remaining at your desk seated for eight hours a day. Very hard to stay focused.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low pay versus job expectations
Hardworking People
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 7, 2016
Everyone works hard to get the work done. The atmosphere is clean and inviting. Arvest is very customer service based. One thing I did not like is the long commute.
Pros
Hard workers
Cons
Long commute
Very Productive and nice place to work
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKMay 25, 2016
Learned a lot! very well trained and lots of managers welling to teach and help with schools and in house training. Love working with customer and helping them with their banking needs. Would still be there if we didn't have to relocate to Texas.
Pros
Full time Insurance hours
Cons
Great place to work and fun people to work with.
VP Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2016
Overall culture is great and opportunities for advancement is there if you want to stay in banking. The benefits with medical and 401K are nice.
Pros
Great people and managment
Cons
Can't think of anything I'd list as a con
Productive Great Culture
Escrow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 9, 2016
Company with great training opportunities and culture for it's staff, They go out of their way to make you feel included. Managers are top notch, always looking for ways to improve you as a team member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.