Arvest Bank Employee Reviews

Good company with helpful managers
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2017
Arvest is a good company with helpful managers but they struggle to reward/compensate their best and brightest. This causes those individuals to leave.
5 Star Power!
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARFebruary 6, 2017
This company is the best when it comes to professional and organized business not only for the customer but for the employees. This company has won the J.D. Power and Associate award year after year and there is no surprise why.
customer focused
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2017
Enjoyed working with associates. Very friendly. Very customer focused. They provide lots of training. They are very involved in community and offer volunteer opportunities.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Fun and learning
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 25, 2017
Good Place to learn about the banking system. I would recommend as a starting place for banking and finance majors. It gives the ability to learn about the operations of a bank branch.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
The culture is different in every department.
Mortgage Department (Former Employee) –  KC MetroJanuary 24, 2017
The mortgage department and manager are very cliquish and favoritism is overwhelming. It's very obvious in a very short time who management wants as their successful loan officers and loan officer assistants, by where and who they are assigned and leads given. The normal course of work ethics to get loans closed on time is, "it doesn't matter/they don't care," but they will not miss their smoke breaks, no matter what. The operations manager is lazy and does not respond to loan officers when their supervisors are not available. The front of the bank employees are very nice, but other departments, especially the mortgage department, are a different story and their own animal.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Upper management is very snobbish and cliquish/favorites.
Great work experience depending on branch
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2017
From what I understand, your enjoyment is depending on your branch manager and what it is like at your specific branch. I got lucky, and I love the people I work with, but others I work with came from other branches that they did not like who they worked with. It all depends on who your manager is and what your coworkers are like.
Love it
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work for. The culture of this company puts associates first. I love Arvest because of the customers and associates who make it enjoyable. Career pathing is very important to this company.
everything was great but management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2017
• Audit the teller vault, coin machine, cash dispensers, and ATM weekly.
• Verify that all opening/closing procedures are done properly.
• Maintain the vault and associated security procedures.
• Maintain reports to determine cash needs and monitor branch limits.
• Accurately process customer transactions in a timely manner.
• Supervise and motivate ten-member teller staff, trained new tellers.
• Manage the branch when there is no manager or supervisor on site.
• Perform quarterly audits on gift cards, money orders and cashier’s checks.
• Process and balance daily transactions through branch capture.
Very slow and mind numbing
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 14, 2017
Responsibilities were to help banking customers with transactions, withdraws and deposits.

The job was not very fulfilling and offered me little to no interest.
Pros
Steady hours and worked with my class schedule
Cons
very slow pace
A fun place to work everyday with free popcorn and coffee.
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2017
Extraordinary company to work for. You will have job security and advancement opportunities. Must be willing to travel for some of those opportunities. Your co-workers are very friendly and are willing to assist with a team player attitude. The management team is also awesome to have. There is always training opportunities to improve on in your current role, as well as knowledge training of new positions. In some areas of the banking industry, you will experience un-friendly attitudes/behaviors of customers, (thats the hardest part). The most enjoyable part is when a customer has left the bank with the biggest smile on their faces, feeling very satisfied.
Juggling work life and personal life is very important and is not frowned upon when you can;t be there.

Conclusion: This is the best company to work for.
Great culture
MORTGAGE SERVICING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 7, 2017
The environment at Arvest is great - everyone is focused & helpful while still having fun. The pay isn't great but that probably depends on the position. Lots of training offered which is pretty cool.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Repetitive
Arvest Bank
PART TIME TELLER (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 6, 2017
Good job for someone who likes to sell a lot of products. Good incentive pay. Depending on location, a typical day at work can either be very busy or very slow.
Working there was fun and always kept busy
SENIOR LEAD TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Everyone that I worked with at the time, were all like family to me. We all worked together as a team when we were all on a mission to find what was need it for the customer.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 7, 2016
Answering phone calls all day so very fast paces

Learned a lot of information about the banking industry as a whole

Adequate training for some departments
Pros
Learn a lot about banking industry
Cons
Rotating Saturdays depending on department
Very professional, yet fun place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MONovember 29, 2016
I've learned a lot so far at Arvest. They are very helpful and willing to train their employees. The coworkers are fantastic. The hardest part of the job would be having rude customer, but there isn't normally many within a week. The good customers make the rude customers bearable. The job is fun and challenging, making every day enjoyable.
Great bank and work place
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 27, 2016
count vault,count drawer, customer service, answer phones, open and close accounts cross trained for various positions great people to work with
Unamerican Company
Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 21, 2016
This company does nothing about racist behavior by the Hispanic employees. HR will only deem you the real problem for calling out the consistent hateful behavior. They hide the companies problems by blaming the complainant. Way to go WACO Title!
Pros
Mistreatment
Cons
Hires Nonamericans
Incredible job!
marketing Captain of Branches (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 13, 2016
Working for Arvest Bank was one of the best career opportunities I have ever had. I was taught so much in my three years there. I worked with some amazing employees. I was given many opportunities for advancement and several pay raises.
Fun work enviroment
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2016
Arvest takes care of their employees, and really like how they are all for customer service. They want their employees and customers feel as special as they can. Every day I always see so many smiling faces and super nice customers, I enjoy being able to help anyone I can. The management has been great, they love their employees and you can tell too. Co workers are great to work with, they are all nice and fun and inviting, nothing like anywhere else I've worked before. The only hard part about my job is having to turn someone down because it is out of our knowledge and policy to help.
Pros
Incentives, happy customers.
Cons
taxed incentives.
Love it
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 8, 2016
I love the environment and the work place. Everyone is so nice and I just love my job. I Would definitely recommend working for them