Aryzta Employee Reviews

good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 18, 2017
good environment/ work when I was working there it was great working with the employers there they show you how to do it and they make sure you do it right.
Pros
swag
Cons
no cons
A company you want to get experience and get out.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
Small warehouse/bakery, old building. Recently ICE has come and took all the illegals away so now its a massive hiring. Company is pays decent enough min OT but it will pay the bills. Upper management don't halfway believe in the job. Hopefully with new people they bring a new culture.
Pros
a job
Cons
no pay raises, no advancement
Its a job
Food Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2017
This is a place where you come to earn money and leave. Nothing special at all, its a job. There is not much room to grow and the pay is not fair by any means, but like I said its honest work.
Alright pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2017
The supervisors aren't very friendly and are inconsiderate. There's really no advancement with the company and also the Hr department is nowhere near helpful. The pay is alright. The cookie department constantly work and rarely have day's off.
Horrible place to for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJune 23, 2017
I worked at the Cicero plant, as a maintenance technician. If you don't speak Spanish don't expect to be treated properly. Maintenance manager don't know one thing about maintenance at all, he was the inventory supervisor that got lucky with his position. The work environment sucks if they like you your in, if they don't you be thrown into the field to learn on your own.
Great place to work!
Assistant Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 13, 2017
Excellent environment. Great company that really took care of its employees. I worked for the Otis Spunkmeyer division. Loved going on delivery routes and meeting all of our customers.
Pros
No day was ever the same.
Cons
Management at times was a little unstable.
Sanitation
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Hazle Townshp, PAMay 16, 2017
Management treat everyone like kids and cater to the ones that screw up all the time. English is the second language so management hires Spanish speaking people to be interpreters even though they have no management experience. You never know when your next day off is until they tell you because no one ever knows anything everything it's a big secret. This place hires a new plant manager every year so the place never runs consistently and with that rules change by the hour. Too many know it all's. HR is a joke you have to take care of everything yourself. Huge turnover but that is what they want.
Pros
Free popcorn and coffer
Cons
Getting treated like a kid
Good place to work at
Detailer/Mixer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 13, 2017
Great place to gain experience. Available advancement. Great staff. Can get a little hot at times during the summer. Always new faces. New projects. Always given meetings before start of shift
An environment where i feel comfortable working in.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 11, 2017
I still haven't work for the company. But i heard the job is really easy. I'd really like to grow from this company if possible. I'd enjoy meeting new people and if necessary i'd help new members out also.
Not a friendly work inviroment
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIMay 7, 2017
A typical day is so so. The workers and Main Management have been there for 15 years +. To try and do your job as a new supervisor was impossible. The management always had the workers back no matter what you tried to correct. No one would listen. the workers had running bets on how long the person at the position would last as no one would stay there long. the position is still open after over a year. The senior management was is California and do not see what happens in the bakery. you can not change a factory culture that does not have the support of the management.
Pros
Cons
Salary is based on the Main land US. Hawaii's cost of living is too high for the salary they offer.
Nice and productive place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2017
I work as a quality technician. The day is eventful. Troubles shooting, and critical thinking skills involved. The most enjoyable part of the day is the sense of achievement of producing a nice wholesome product for our customers.
Productive & Orginized
Line 1 Worker (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA 91406April 5, 2017
Working for this company for the short time that I did was pleasant from the moment that I arrived to the last time that I presented my self to the property.
Pros
The job did not seem at all difficult due to their workplace culture, and are very motivational towards their employees
Run away
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 31, 2017
Management is a joke. They will work you every second you set foot in location. They have about four chiefs for one little Indian. No structure, no training, you become an Aryzta slave.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management structure
fun workplace
Alerts Packaging Foreman, Packaging Lead (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 30, 2017
Its a very fun environment to work in . Its very up-tempo and consistent. the most enjoyable part is most likely the people and the reason I say this is because the environment is cold so other people around crack jokes and motivate you so you will wanna stay and to keep you mind of the temperature.
Great Team work, but raises and advancement a joke
Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 29, 2017
As a QA tech there are many responsibilities. Job on the line with every paper you sign, with the lowest pay in the plant. Pay is great to start, but your raises are a joke. Most of the supervisors are great to work with, but management only concern is the numbers. They make sure they have there time off, but you are always working. Not much home life. 3 8 hours shifts. Machinery is old and out dated. Plant is filthy. Plus some of the laziest sanitation and maintenance crew I have ever seen. No employee appreciation. Promises of profit sharing, but then magically it disappears. Open door policy is non existent, and HR representative just tell you what phone numbers to call to get your answers.
Pros
Good start pay, great supervisors
Cons
No room for advancement. Raises are poor. Poor management. Unsanitary work place for food
Its a nice place
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago il.March 28, 2017
I truly liked it in the beginning bt it can get kinda tricky when u set up a different schedule doing other things outside of wrk and ur times collides
Pros
4 breaks within a 12 hour period
Cons
Strict very strict
Horrible Management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 10, 2017
I worked at Aryzta in Romeoville, IL.The management is horrible and they do not care about their employees. You work 13 days straight and only have one day off every two weeks. The production manager told me I have to do things when shes ready not when I am. Shes extremely disrespectful.
Great place
Turret Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work, very friendly very goal oriented

Very easy job..good employees

loved every minute..

great place to work
Pros
job security
Otis Spunk Meyer Company/ Aryzta
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCFebruary 27, 2017
My responsibilities included order pulling, operating forklift, & taking inventory on a monthly basis, logging received goods into computer on daily basis & calling quality control to check temperature & quality of product before receiving product into warehouse.
Pros
Great Company and Pay
Cons
Cold work enviroment
Hardwork but good pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILFebruary 11, 2017
I enjoyed meeting a ton of new people that were hired around the same time I was. I wish HR gave us more information on what the job really demanded instead of leaving us kinda clueless. A typical day if you are in production is doing simple tasks which you are trained on how to do while working in front of a conveyor belt. I learned that sometimes jobs arent meant for you. The pay is really good if you are looking into a first full time job. Typical day work hours vary from 8 to 12 hours or maybe even longer if you desire.
If you can't stand for 10 hours or so the job isn't for you. Also, wearing a back support pad helps a lot!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aryzta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7