Aryzta

Aryzta Employee Reviews

Personal View
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Has been steady for 2 years
Cons: Never know what is going on
Very hard to get any form of direction from management team. Feeling that company is out of balance and not going in any particular direction. Hiring is an issue.
Not much to be positive about
Finance (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Cons: No work/life balance, no training, no direction.
This is a company that demands a lot of hours, does not have a defined structure or direction for their employees, and does not really offer any positivity to their employees. There is no work/life balance, individuality and new ideas are not allowed, the office culture and moral is horrible.
Productive and good knowledge
Assistant Production Superintendent (Current Employee), Ontario CAJuly 25, 2015
Good quality of people, learned a lot about bakery industry and have good working relationship. First thing to do is to review production schedule as well as employee assistance and get ready to work as hard as the packers.
good pay and fair benifits
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Vinita, OKJuly 9, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: point system
setting up machine equipment learning to help make adjustments to dough , call on management when needed. working interchangeable with co-workers, hardest part of job amount of hours standing, but enjoyed the fellowship of co-workers on breaks and dinners.
Productive work
Hand Packer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, 401k, tutition reimbursment
Cons: not enough hours
When working as a hand packer you really don't get too many hours. Hand Packers work about 2-3 days a week. On other days you may be sent home if there are too many workers. This position should be only for part time workers. As a full time employee as a hand packer you will not recieve your full 40 hours a week.
Productive work environment with good people
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Export, PAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Close to home, good people, good products
Cons: Lack of pay increases, Upper Management at the Corporate level
I enjoyed working with this company for almost 8 years until the plant shut down and was moved to Germany. I typically performed 15-20 blind counts of materials from a list that was handed down from corporate. After the counts were performed, I compared what the system showed to what I counted. I then addressed the counts with the Plant Manager and the Controller prior to entering the counts into SAP. The crew I worked with in the office were incredible people that I have kept in contact with since the closing of Otis Spunkmeyer. The hardest part of the job was the traffic in the warehouse while trying to move pallets of materials around to find what I was looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people that I became close friends with.
Horrible place to work
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Every thing.
Was hired to run new bread line 12/14 still no new line, tired of waiting 5 months for something that is not going to happen. Looking for new job,sick of being lied to.
It's a good company
Fork lift driver (Current Employee), Chaska, MNApril 7, 2015
I do a lot of working by myself. I work in the cold storage. Overall it is a good place to work. Typical day is me doing a lot of work by myself.
Otis Spunkmeyer Nightmare
Sanitation Worker - Full Time (Former Employee), Cayce, SCApril 7, 2015
Pros: Nice pay
Cons: Rude management, lack of on job training
There is no real leadership within the management team. The managers does not train you on how to do the job, you learn from others who work on the job. The supervisors are really rude to the workers and are unsympathetic when it comes to personal situations. Everything is unorganized.
Enjoyed working there and the production people i worked with!
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJApril 3, 2015
Pros: Supervisors i worked with.
Learned a lot about production from a large company. A great learning tool going forward.Good team of Supervisors for the most part, also a great maintenance team
Making cookies and getting ready for shipping
Triangle Assistant (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCApril 1, 2015
Helping the Triangle Operator run and keeping the Triangle Area clean.Also help the Packaging Operator run the Packing Area. Learn how to make cookies in bulk for a large company.Management is good but ask a lot of there employee. My co-worker are good people to work with. Working a schedule that you don't know when you are going to be off. The working with people who work together to get the job done right .
DO NOT WORK HERE
Manager (Current Employee), OgdenMarch 19, 2015
Pros: meals when people get fired, they have big screen tvs that distract you from work.
Cons: management
Management makes decisions based on perceptions they get from people not involved. They have an Accountant who is never there and a Sales guy running the Logistics for the company. They learn a small amount and think they are experts and in turn make drastic decisions which cause months of headaches. The time lines are unreasonable. 3 people ask for critical 4 hour reports due by noon. Or if it is – more... late in the day you must have them done that night.They chased off an excellent inventory team in Ogden because Management didn't have a clue as to what they did. The turn over rate for Ogden is over 70% Everyone I know here is looking for a job. They will work you around the clock and on weekends. There is no balance. If you like to trash other people, aren't married and like to work ALL the time this is the place for you!
Good Luck! – less
Good environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Cayce, SCMarch 10, 2015
Great work environment. Great opportunity to grow. Respected management. Good salary and benefits. Good culture and environment.Good coworkers. Experienced operation.
Prior to Aryzta - company was Otis Spunkmeyer - much better at communication
Senior Director Logistics Finance (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: dinamic, fun enviornment when otis spunkmeyer
Cons: bought out by aryzta
Otis Spunkmeyer was ran as a subsidiary of Aryzta, Otis Spunkmeyer was much more open. Communication was very good with team approach to decision making. Work was hard but interesting and you felt you had say in direction.
Relaxed atmosphere, everyone does their jobs
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 8, 2015
Good company to work for, good atmosphere, only problem is work available, no longer working 40 hours weekly. Employees and management, are qualified, and caring.
A typical day
Sr. Manager, Production Planning (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 4, 2015
Flexible hours. good work enviornment.
As an employee, you must be able to deal with constant change. Management has a tendency to change often.
Fast paced, goal oriented company
Production Associate (Current Employee), Romeoville, ILFebruary 26, 2015
I work in all areas of production. From applying sauce to boxing the finished product. I work fast paced to ensure a smooth assembly line .
Management is awful
Packer (Former Employee), Vernon, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits and packers are nice hard workers
Cons: short breaks, supervisors are terrible, management is clueless
Supervisors are childish and do not appreciate a single worker under them always picking on employees they don't like, I was harassed by my supervisor to the point of leaving and when I tried to involve the union they fired me. Horrible company to work for only good thing was the benefits and other packers but all around the pay just isn't worth the work and the harassment you get from supervisors
OK
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Vinita, OKFebruary 5, 2015
Loved the type of work I do, but co workers like to run new guys off and had ran the two previous ones before me off. Management would take up for childish behavior from one co worker because he did activities outside of work with them.
Best job I ever had!
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: excellent wage, benefits, and freindships through those years
Cons: we work split days, wed and sunwere our off days, got use to them
I left 7up to take this job at Hostess Brands in 1995. there was not a lot of turn over for bread/cake Companies so if they offered you a job you took it. I ran a Sales Route for 18 years, the last 2 in Management. I covered parts of Central Modesto,Escalon Oakdale and Farmington. My 1st route was in Sonora, when a Cake become available I bid it and ran the Modesto route till the end. Hostess Brands closed their doors to us on November 18,2012. 18,500 people lost jobs that day and changed the course for all of us.
Employees