Asahi Kasei Employee Reviews

Not Enjoyable
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2016
Management is running in different directions. There is no clear sighted future for this company. They don't know what the plan is for next month let alone 5-10 years down the road.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match
Cons
Hours, Management
I enjoied the executive and high technical business development.
Senior Vice President, New Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I was asked to join Asahi Kasei for MRI business development because I had great experience to development MRI and basic technology NMR in JEOL.
I joined for the good position; VP, New Business Development that covered all electronics related new business including MRI and Semiconductors.
I managed all activities for MRI business in the world wide base, including Japanese R&D.
However Asahi Kasei' MRI is not good enough for marketing and we had decision to have joint business with other big medical company.
We checked many good companies including GE and Siemens and create new business relations with Siemens. I had many trips between USA-Japan-Germany and made great negotiations with Siemens managements. Then created new company in Japan; Siemens Asahi Meditech.
After MRI business, I have to work with Semiconductor business development, I had successfully created new business in Silicon Valley; AKM Semiconductor that records were zero to $35 million.
Pros
Excellent experiences with new technology oriented business developments
Cons
I have many good relationship with high technology peoples in USA.