Asante is the recognized global leader in high speed L2/L3 network switching, Internet Camera, Smart Wireless Router, for consumer, enterprise/corporation, SMB (Small Medium Business) and SOHO (Small Office, Home Office) users. Business operation center is located in Fremont, California. Asante specializes in products and solutions, which offer users the greatest price performance communication product lines. Additionally, Asante has 22 years of experience of business integrity in the global market with 20 millions of user market exposure. The business simply translates into a quality name with innovative, reliable, ease of use, best price performance, data, security, product company.
The Senior Linux Wireless Embedded Application Engineer
- Design, develop and maintain software for embedded Linux based products.
- Interface with marketing and team members to define software system requirements
- Develop and maintain embedded C software, 802.11 for wireless products in Linux environments.
- Work with hardware designers to bring-up and troubleshoot new product designs and hardware.
- Interface with Field Application Engineers to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve product performance and stability issues.
- Provides technical expertise in resolving complex product issues
- Provides support to direct customers, resellers, and engineers
- Replicates customer environments to file defects etc.
- Documents sequence of events related to resolving customer technical issues
- Develop and maintain detailed technical knowledge of specification and operations of Asante products
- First point of contact for premium customers and escalations
- Develop release note, user guide and tips.
- Strong experience in Embedded Development
- Expertise with embedded Linux driver, kernel and software application development, testing and troubleshooting
- Extensive and recent experience with Embedded C, Linux development environment, 802.11, IP protocols.
- Networked Communication Experience with one of more of the following: IPv4 routing and networking, specifically Wifi (access points, WPA, WPA2, WPS); NAT (source and destination NAT routing); Linux Firewall configuration setup/Linux IPTables IPSec/SSL/OpenSwan/PPTP/L2TP
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Wireless router, Set top box, bridge, repeater, experience strongly desired
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize between tasks
- Interested in and motivated to learn new technologies
- Strong sense of work ownership and initiative
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Great attitude and friendly personality
- Open : Immediately. DOE
- Established Medium sized company
- Manufactures small wireless devices for other applications
- The company is growing and are in a growing industry
- Intelligent, skilled, and friendly team members
Indeed - 10 months ago
Asante is the recognized global leader in high speed L2/L3 network switching, Internet Camera, Smart Wireless Router, for consumer,...