Asante Employee Reviews

Fabulous Place to Work
PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work! Great team and coworkers and unlimited learning. Prime environment for learning and collaborating with the other team members in your department.
Rampant bullying and discrimination
Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 29, 2017
The supervisor routinely targeted people, particularly females. The directions were unclear and changed at random, and sometimes without notice. The attitude of management was one of numbers only. I worked very hard, and I was told I was doing a great job, only to be told a day or two later that I was performing poorly.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Extremely poor management
Fun work place with great coworker's
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 21, 2017
Asante was great place to work, the departments I was in specifically had very compassionate and helpful coworkers. The company values its employees and leaves room to grow, although it can take some time.
Loved it
CNA2 (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORSeptember 13, 2017
I loved my job at Asante. I certainly would not have left if I hadn't relocated to a different state. The team I worked with was one of the best and hope to work with another team just like them.
Awesome place to work
Leave Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504September 5, 2017
The culture and team spirit at Asante were awesome. Leadership ensured all tools and resources were provided in order to excel. I wouldn't hesitate to consider Asante as an employer.
Ok work inviornment, bad managment
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 30, 2017
Loved working for Asante, the people I worked with were amazing. In most every department people all reaspected each other. No matter if you where an underclassman or not you really felt respected as an employee. With that said, managment tended to belittle and berate you every chance they got. You where only offered lead positions if the manager liked you. Not if you earned it. You didnt get it off of cridentials.
Pros
Great wage, benifits
Cons
Managment, very hard work
Job was somewhat rewarding but the lack of professionalism by department manager was extremely stressful and disappointing.
Performance Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 25, 2017
Tremendous workload with very tight deadlines. Many things learned on the job. Manager was unprofessional in the treatment of staff. HR and upper management did not do anything to help staff who complained about poor behavior of manager. Asante Behavioral Standards are not enforced. The work environment was very stressful. Asante lacks the necessary technology to efficiently achieve department goals.The best part of the job was helping fellow staff members meet deadlines for reports.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Unprofessional behavior by Manager
Visionary Organization Leading Change in Southern Oregon
V.P. Population Health (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 30, 2017
Asante is a great place to work! The organization is leading the necessary, but difficult changes in the healthcare industry. Education for all employees is important and provided on a routine basis. The culture is based on integrity, teamwork, excellence and honesty.
Pros
Caring, educational culture
Good benefits
Senior Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 23, 2017
Good benefits with paid time off that jumps with every 5 years of service. Same job can vary widely in pay range.
They will promote within with degree.
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
Great place to work in the Rogue Valley
Privacy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 10, 2017
As the largest healthcare provider in nine counties, Asante provides comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Asante believes each person we reach must be treated with compassion, dignity, honesty, and skill.

Asante has more than 4,900 employees work together to make this ideal a reality, supported by new technology, modern facilities, and a common purpose of healing and hope.
good place to work
Wound Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 18, 2017
good place to work and learn. communication throughout team needs work. providers are willing to teach and are good to work with. good place to learn new skills and how to work with different patients and providers.
Pros
learning
Cons
lack of communication
Heard great things. Not impressed.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 10, 2017
Accepted a lower salary at an ambulatory clinic in order to work for what was purportedly the top of the food chain as far as local medical organizations are concerned. "Top 100 hospitals", etc., etc. Turned down multiple competing job offers, all better paid, in order to work there.

Contrary to what I was sold, instead of a busy and fast paced clinic environment, what I found was a predominantly idle workplace with a concerning level of gossip and backbiting.

Coming from another hospital environment wherein staff worked very, very hard, and there was little time for drama, it was almost comical to watch the histrionic responses staff gave to actually having to do something in this clinic. Likewise, the emphasis and time spent on debating and incessantly revisiting administrative minutia was ridiculous. Constructive feedback was unwelcome, and was perceived as threatening. Conflict was addressed via closed door complaints rather than direct and constructive resolution.

I can't speak as to the culture of the entire organization, but my experience in this individual department was disconcerting to say the least.

They say idle hands are the devil's workshop.
too cliqui-ishh, manager not around, have to watch your back!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 28, 2017
Whatever you do, do NOT have surgery at TRMC. The surgeons leave giant gaps in between staples. sutures and also nick other body parts not being repaired and are rude!

Management sucks.

Standby was an issue and when didnt end up getting standby had a helluva workload and not enough staff with the high acuity patients.
Pros
Pay rate, patients
Cons
shady brown-nosers, poor management, no support!
productive and fun co workers, yet professional
Patient Service Representative/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. They were very professional, but knew when to have fun on occasion. Everyone got along great. Very busy at times. the days went by fast.
Pros
perks
Medical company
PSR/Insurance/Charge Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 1, 2017
Processed Referrals for patient's to be seen for rehab. Along with charge entry, so that the billing department can submit to the patient's insurance. I also backed up the front office with checking in and out patient's, answering phones, or anything else that needed to be done.
customer service
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 17, 2017
Provided billing and account resolution for part of the alphabet. Reviewed EOB's and attempted to resolve outstanding insurance balances. No room for advancement and no support to move up. Enjoyed working with the patients and coworkers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 26, 2017
I love helping patients. Being that person to help them believe that Asante cares and we will take proper care of them or their family member. Asante is a true company of compassion. Working their would be an amazing job. Just not working in the new contact center.
heart breaking
Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 23, 2017
Mgmt knows nothing about coding or what coders do. Pay is not even in the industry standard for the location. The benefit package they have is what enticed me to the organization. It is AMAZING. But the price for AMAZING is working for an organization that wants you to figure out how to beat the system, instead of learning how to use the system to their advantage. They do not treat their coders or compliance team with any respect and was even told that anyone who could read could code.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Review Summary
Billing and Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 4, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Asante, but wanted something with more connection to people instead of just sitting at a desk all day, in front of a computer and barely moving except to reach for the phone, and not really having time to connect with anyone except during our huddles to discuss things.
I still remain in contact with my former manager and others there, as
they were like my family.
I am just hoping for more "people" connection, or one on one communication.
Pros
Freindly coworkers throughout
Cons
Being immobile for 8 hrs a day
Performance Improvement Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 15, 2017
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Unprofessional behavior by Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asante. Our community is ready to answer.