Asante Employee Reviews

positive place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 28, 2015
Learned a lot while working there. Great educational opportunities. Team work was excellent. Management was excellent.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
I felt pay was less than desired
Employer was appreciative of employees.
Medical Transcriptionist III (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORNovember 24, 2015
Asante was a great place to work, with wonderful co-workers. I learned to use ChartScript.net and Epic EMR, as well as posting Release of Information receivables to Epic. The hardest part of the job was leaving it when it was outsourced. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great co-workers and the great pay and benefits. We had a series of managers during the time I was with Asante, which was challenging as all had different styles.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Multiple managers.
Surgical Dept
Surgical Staff (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 19, 2015
If you want to be a star in a tele nova or a horrific rendition of a knock off of Greys Anatomy, quickly go to work in the surgical dept. They have their daily doses of drama filled and hate talk about one another behind their backs almost hourly and thankfully happy hour is not far behind after work is done. Management doesn't fully see everything that goes on and unfortunately takes the word of many of the "queens" or "kings" of the back area since the management people are over worked, underpaid, and can only handle but so much. The constant belittling of others and the effervescent smell of self pitty is just a tremendous joy to come to work to each and every day.
Pros
Really?
Leadership was not very acceptable to six sigma/lean concepts.
Sr. continuous Improvement specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 1, 2015
It was very difficult to find a common ground with senior leadership at Asante. There seem to be a lot of infighting which made it difficult to come to a common ground and to get successful results to issues within the system.
Other employees such as Directors, managers and employees embraced new concepts that were introduced to them, and really enjoyed new tools that they learned and used for quality initiatives, but they seemed very frustrated when solutions were not accepted by senior leadership. This was a very difficult place to work.
Pros
Great staff and very enthusiastic employees
Cons
To many issues with senior leadership not working together for common solutions
Lots of challenges and always learning to use new software
Payroll and Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 24, 2015
They had a great product. We all worked very hard in making the company grow. It's since been bought and, hopefully, the technology will live on.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Company Closed
Director of Customer Care and Reimbursement (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 18, 2015
Asante was a great place to work, the company culture and management was fantastic. Great energy and people willing to put the time in to get the job done.
Work with the best in cutting edge health care!
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 8, 2015
Each person is treated with compassion, dignity, and honesty, and are trained using the latest technology, in modern facilities, who all share a common purpose of healing and hope.
Pros
the compassionate and caring work culture. support of professional development.
Cons
lack of benefits for on-call and short-hour employees.
Busy, multitasking environment, teamwork with co-workers, and knowing I was doing a GREAT job.
Document Capture Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 4, 2014
A typical day was very busy, but then that is good to have work. Helped customers on the phone mostly, but some face to face. Learned a lot about the medical record, electronic record, and how I could prioritize and do a good job. I enjoyed my co-wprkers, they were a nice group of women. The hardest part of the job was the volume that needed to be gotten through each day to be able to keep up with the work load and make sure that we were having the records available for access at the soonest time possible for the medical staffs use. The teamwork, knowing that I was doing a GREAT job, and being able to help others with my work.
Pros
benefits and some incentive bonuses, working with people that were workers but also friendly and kind.
Cons
the volume of work i had to get through each day without back up, most often when the dept. was swamped.
Nice place to work
IQA, Incoming quality control (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 20, 2014
The people at the top were easy to talk to and always ready to hear your ideas.
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
was a temp employee. work got slow, i was let go.

Comment – March 19, 2015

This was review appears to be for UICUSA - Asante Division located in Fremont, CA - not Asante health system, which is located in Medford, OR.

Expanding rapidly, needs to increase staff
ITS (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 24, 2013
With all of the changes in healthcare, Asante has lost sight of their employees in the race to expand and sell their new EHR. Needs to increase staff along with the increase of additional clinics and hospitals.
Good benefits and earned time off.
Pros
benefits, eto
Cons
little managerial support, heavy workloads
small start up company
Mechanical engineer, contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 30, 2013
Good management. Nice work with co-worker. Creative job with challenge.most enjoyable work.
Pros
team work lunch together
Cons
excise with co-worker during lunch break.

Friendly working environment.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 20, 2013
Good place to work.
Management is great.
Company is full of future.

Comment – March 19, 2015

Asante is a healthcare system that really cares about their patients and their employees!
RN (Current Employee) –  Medford, OregonMarch 14, 2013
This is a great place to work! Our management is excellent and we all work as a team. Our number one focus is our patients and giving them the best care and experience possible.
Good Expierence
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 10, 2012
I learned a lot at Taco Bell. It was probably one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
new management was rude.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 23, 2012
Great place to work and advance in your career. Desirable benefits package.