Asante Employee Reviews

heart breaking
Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 23, 2017
Mgmt knows nothing about coding or what coders do. Pay is not even in the industry standard for the location. The benefit package they have is what enticed me to the organization. It is AMAZING. But the price for AMAZING is working for an organization that wants you to figure out how to beat the system, instead of learning how to use the system to their advantage. They do not treat their coders or compliance team with any respect and was even told that anyone who could read could code.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Review Summary
Billing and Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 4, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Asante, but wanted something with more connection to people instead of just sitting at a desk all day, in front of a computer and barely moving except to reach for the phone, and not really having time to connect with anyone except during our huddles to discuss things.
I still remain in contact with my former manager and others there, as
they were like my family.
I am just hoping for more "people" connection, or one on one communication.
Pros
Freindly coworkers throughout
Cons
Being immobile for 8 hrs a day
Job was somewhat rewarding but the lack of professionalism by department manager was extremely stressful and disappointing.
Performance Improvement Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 15, 2017
Tremendous workload with very tight deadlines. Many things learned on the job. Manager was unprofessional in the treatment of staff. HR and upper management did not do anything to help staff who complained about poor behavior of manager. Asante Behavioral Standards are not enforced. The work environment was very stressful. Asante lacks the necessary technology to efficiently achieve department goals.The best part of the job was helping fellow staff members meet deadlines for reports.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Unprofessional behavior by Manager
Do it Asante way, watch your back.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Float poolFebruary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Asante, at first. A change in managers, mean nurses thrive at Asante. Lateral hostility is allowed.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Meaness throughout company.
Great company to work for
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 7, 2017
Great, fun, company to work for. Everyone has a positive attitude. Most answer for specific clinics, which makes it easier to remember specific protocols, though some people will answer for multiple clinics when they show they can handle it.
stable place to work with supportive staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORDecember 20, 2016
A very busy office but well supported by both staff and management. Management care about their staff and what they need to do their job. They do their best to make it a fun atmosphere to work in as well. There was always a lot of smiling and laughing to go with the hard work.
Pros
happy facility, workers all got a long
Cons
busy office, lots of work to do which sometimes led to overtime
Good Place to work
HR Assistant/HRTechnical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 18, 2016
The atmosphere where I worked was great,
Fellow employees were great to be around,
Many changes in upper level management has hurt the departments
Pros
Our dept developed a great team.
Cons
Top level management does not know what the managers/directors under them are doing, They need to listen to the employees for their honest input.
I did the best with what I had
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my job as a Medical Assistant.
I believe I did the best I could with what I was given. There was not a lot of training and this was my first job. I really enjoyed working with the patients and my provider, she was willing to work with me on somethings I was having trouble with. It was a great experience, but I was the only Medical Assistant and this was my first job in this field and I would of liked more training and maybe a little more understanding.
Pros
Free lunch, the other MAs, the providers
Cons
Not many breaks, not enough training
Easy to work with people and interesting job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work is usually busy with three Omni lists, unit dosing, labeling, cart fill/exchange, outdates, and inventory.
I learned how to use Epic, the Euclid, labeling, billing, compounding Gug mix, starter packs, Omni technology, and answering phones.
Management is efficient. My co-workers are easy to get along with, hardworking, and fun people.
The hardest part of the job is the amount of work, though I always finish and balancing school and work.
The easiest part of the job is getting along with my co-workers, having fun while working hard, and staying busy.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJune 20, 2016
The doctors are good to their employees. Easy to work with and seem to enjoy teaching new things to employees. The fast pace keeps you busy but it's a good feeling at the end of the day. The part of my job that I liked the most was the patients. It was great to feel like I made a difference to them.
Productive, fun fast paced environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 11, 2016
Typical day at Asante would include, scheduling appointments with patients, gathering medical records while maintaining within HIPAA regulations, returning patient's phone calls, checking patients in and out of appointments, obtaining co-pays and computer data entry. I enjoyed working with my co-workers there, very friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was comforting angry patients that could not be seen right away, and the easiest was conversing with the patients to schedule their appointments.
Pros
Fast paced, friendly
Cons
Helping disgruntled patients or firing them from our clinic
Very good place to learn new things if you're interested in medicine
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504April 24, 2016
I worked at the hospital for my senior project. I enjoyed every minute of it. Getting to work with patients, learning what makes a hospital flow, working with great people and building relationships with them.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
only was a volunteer
Positive and helpful
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORApril 10, 2016
Great place work and good group of people. Unfortunately the location is undesirable. The managers amazing as well as the staff. Again I feel that Hospital does not reflect the community it serves. A typical work day involves warm greetings from staff and updates on current patients status. Communicating with nurses on all inpatients and verifying proper studies. Work can be a little complicated when we have loss of communication with the nursing staff.
Pros
Co-Workers
Great Benefits
Patient Finance (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 7, 2016
Asante is a great company to work for in regard to compensation and benefits. In this aspect they are the best company in the valley.
positive place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 28, 2015
Learned a lot while working there. Great educational opportunities. Team work was excellent. Management was excellent.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
I felt pay was less than desired
Employer was appreciative of employees.
Medical Transcriptionist III (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORNovember 24, 2015
Asante was a great place to work, with wonderful co-workers. I learned to use ChartScript.net and Epic EMR, as well as posting Release of Information receivables to Epic. The hardest part of the job was leaving it when it was outsourced. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great co-workers and the great pay and benefits. We had a series of managers during the time I was with Asante, which was challenging as all had different styles.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Multiple managers.
Surgical Dept
Surgical Staff (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 19, 2015
If you want to be a star in a tele nova or a horrific rendition of a knock off of Greys Anatomy, quickly go to work in the surgical dept. They have their daily doses of drama filled and hate talk about one another behind their backs almost hourly and thankfully happy hour is not far behind after work is done. Management doesn't fully see everything that goes on and unfortunately takes the word of many of the "queens" or "kings" of the back area since the management people are over worked, underpaid, and can only handle but so much. The constant belittling of others and the effervescent smell of self pitty is just a tremendous joy to come to work to each and every day.
Pros
Really?
I love my job
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 21, 2015
It's a very interesting place to work! A typical day is getting to see all the different patients. I have learned to just do your job and get your day done and do it right. If you want to succeed you have to reach for the stars and accomplish it on your own don't wait for others to get you there....
Leadership was not very acceptable to six sigma/lean concepts.
Sr. continuous Improvement specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 1, 2015
It was very difficult to find a common ground with senior leadership at Asante. There seem to be a lot of infighting which made it difficult to come to a common ground and to get successful results to issues within the system.
Other employees such as Directors, managers and employees embraced new concepts that were introduced to them, and really enjoyed new tools that they learned and used for quality initiatives, but they seemed very frustrated when solutions were not accepted by senior leadership. This was a very difficult place to work.
Pros
Great staff and very enthusiastic employees
Cons
To many issues with senior leadership not working together for common solutions
Lots of challenges and always learning to use new software
Payroll and Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 24, 2015
They had a great product. We all worked very hard in making the company grow. It's since been bought and, hopefully, the technology will live on.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Company Closed
Official response from Asante
May 19, 2016

This comment does not relate to Asante health system based in Medford, Oregon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asante. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2