ASARCO

ASARCO Employer Reviews

Very Productive and Stressed the meaning of safety
Summer Intern/Laborer (Former Employee), Kearny, AzJuly 15, 2014
Pros: polite, nice people, good company overall
Cons: the heat
Being at the mine during the summer gets very hot because most of the work there is done outside. It is hard labor but it is never boring or unpleasant. Most of the buildings are open and there is not a lot of closed air conditioning. The conditions there are very dangerous but the company is very keen on safety and train people very well in a nice environment. Co-workers are nice and welcoming. They were always willing to help me if I didn't know certain things about my job and would always help me to get better. They are also very polite. The hardest part of the job was the heat but my supervisor and co-workers always made sure I had water on hand if I needed to take a break it was never a problem. The most enjoyable part is being able to be around machines and experiencing the work of a lab technician. It was all very interesting and fascinating.
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer I (Current Employee), Tucson, AzJuly 11, 2014
As a mechanical engineer in a mine, duties as follow: to provide technical support to all plant departments as directed by the Plant Engineer; provide support for continual improvement in statistical process control, safety, manpower issues and issues as they may arise; assist in the development and specifications ans scopes of work to complete various projects; provide assistance in the development of projects and execution or those projects; document control and maintenance of quality documents in the área of responsibility; perform customer quality visits and related team involvement; assist in departmental projects, management and recommendations; and assist senior engineers on projects as directed.
many challenges as work was quite diverse as far as knowlege required
Master Electrician (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: job security, challenging
Cons: extremely hot and dusty
Management was not knowledgeable at all as far as what was required to complete a job. Many of the workers were totally incompetent and no one was held responsible. A true craftsman should be proud of his work but most did not care. It was a real bad environment to stay motivated to do your best.
hard work ,bad hours
Laborer (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: nothing was a pluss on this job
Cons: short term job/1 month
not a good job,hard work,long hours,work was in middle of the night so you never saw your family they was at school and work when you was off,and sleeping when you was working,bad management they never was on the same page with each outher,pay was bad
decent pay and benifits. Management is rookie
Pipefitter/Welder (Current Employee), Hayden, AZFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: poor management
Overall the pay and benefits are good. It's a typical maintenance job, and I like the guys I work with. Management is on the friends and family plan and have very poor relations with the employees. If this company would run this business like a business instead of a charity for managements' family members it would be great.
Mining projects
Ray Mine Owners Representative and Project Manger (Former Employee), Kearny AzFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: salary
I had a great time running projects for the Ray mine. I got to know some Great people and over all had a good time working there. The down side was the Salary. I learned a lot about Mining and the processes that it takes to extract copper out of ore.
Loud and Noisy...
Mill Worker Helper (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 10, 2014
Always something different to do everyday. Coworkers are very affable. Management doesn't care about any feedback from newbies. Make sure you always have your PTE on. Work OT when requested and especially within the first 90 days... which is the probationary period...and be on time Lombardi time! 15 minutes early...
Safety oriented with opportunities for advancements
Heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pay
Cons: long hours, no lunch room, restrooms are not close by
You work with a variety of people.Work schedule can be hard,but you do get a week off every month. Very good benefits and pay for this part of the country.
long hours hard work
Mill Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Ray, AZJuly 26, 2013
This place is pretty good. Benefits are great, pay is on the higher scale. Management could always be better. Expect long hours back to back.
productive workplace
Operator (Former Employee), Ray, AZJuly 17, 2013
good job learning new traits good benefits and overall pay was good
good place to work
General Mechanic (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: union based, strikes comming up
Asarco; Is a union based co. that makes copper and other precious metals. I enjoy working there, I rebuild furnices, maintance everything from sheetrock to mechanical parts.
Great job, excellent benefits.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 22, 2012
Pros: excellant benifits
Asarco is a very good company to work for. I was given the opportunity to advance from a general laborer to a machine operator, overseeing the processing of raw copper and the cleaning and processing of pure copper. The co-workers made a great atmosphere to work and the strict safety procedures led to a peace of mind. The main downside was extream heat conditions, however even that was dealt with by the company as well as possible.
A Great Job
Maintenance (Boilermaker) (Current Employee), Kearny, AZAugust 2, 2012
Safety is an important goal here. My duties varry from day to day. It has great benefits. The management is great to work for.
B operator (Former Employee), kearny azMay 13, 2012
everything from running equipment to checking temps on machines. I learned some much in the 5 years i worked there, safety, working well with others. management was ok, miss communications were a daily repeat. co workers were great. shift work was hard but you get use to it. my favorite part of my job was finishing the job & knowing i did it safe, and right.
scheduling
haul truck driver (Current Employee), Kearny, AZApril 12, 2012
Pros: good pay and benifits, bonus
Cons: not set schedule, no lunch
currentley working 12hour shifts.get to work drive the haul truck to secified dumps

ASARCO Photos