Asbury Automotive Group

Asbury Automotive Group Employer Reviews

Asbury Promotes from Within
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: n/a
I've worked for Nalley (Asbury) for over 5 yrs and I can truly say it has been remarkable. The company offers many different training programs to enroll in, educate yourself and or prepare for advancement. It's now my 5th year and I've been promoted 7 times! I've had the opportunity to work in every position of a dealership. I worked my way up from – more... a receptionist to top management. The journey was never easy; but what successful journey is easy? I learned best practices of customer service, finance and insurance policies, eCommerce/SEO, how to motivate a staff that has more experience then you and to get results, how to reduce costs and how to create a great culture and a great place to work. A piece of advice for people coming into the company would be to be a team player, treat everyone with respect, research what the job is before applying and note that the hours do pay off! The hardest part about the job is the hours but, all retail positions have long hours but the great thing about the auto industry is that it pays much more then your typical retail stores at the mall. I've had some great bosses and they all taught me something along the way that I now pass down to my team.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help other people be successful and implement new ideas for the company to continue growing. In my other role, the most rewarding part of my job was helping customers find their dream car and getting them financed on it. The auto industry is job security; everyone needs a vehicle. Its just a matter of where they want to buy it. Asbury is going no where; they are continually growing, developing and acquiring new locations. It's just a matter of choice if you or I want to grow with them. – less
overated
use car spe ialist (Former Employee), nalley hyundai conyers ga.March 30, 2014
Pros: free saturday lunch because u will work every saturday
Cons: no hyundai work
No work barely make 30 flare rate hour's week if u like to work on all makes and models its a use car repair center only Hyundai work is oil changes so it should be called use car supercenter .poor parts dept will not get off the stool and bring you parts never order parts you r Payed flare rate if not working no pay so go figure.no benefits price is – more... cheper to get your own its not a group rate .management ok may get a issue resolved.I wouldn't recommend a job to no one I knew to work here like I said if it wasn't usecars and bodyshop repairs you would starve.also u will work every Saturday. – less
Easy to get hired. Poor training.
Service (Former Employee), Palm harborMarch 25, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: management sucks, 2 service managers and 5 service writers who quit!
Beside having to have a 110 per repair order avg and make 25 calls per day (24) you will be talked too! The place is poorly run with little direction. Service Manager is one if those people who come off as fake to everyone but herself. Always discounting services and thrives on coupon shoppers hoping to find that one large repair order.
Fast paced, enjoyable, great work envirorment
Pre-Owned Manager (Current Employee), Decatur,GaMarch 24, 2014
review all incoming e-leads, internals, check all CIT, deal meeting, salesperson follow-ups, generate internals, appraisals, inventory control, pencil and close deals. Worked directly for GSM. The hardest part of my day would be finding enough hours. The most enjoyable part of my day was feeling that I accomplished something.
Work place experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Nalley Lexus GalleriaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: breakfast and lunch for end of month closing.
Cons: not completely organized with training
I enjoyed going to work everyday because it was fast pace and the time went by fast. I learned to work with Workflow and ImageNow software. My co-workers were great people to work with. The hardest part of the job was the transition we were going thru was not accepted by the other locations we were supporting so it made our job harder than it should – more... be. – less
Horrible place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: easy to get employed and opportunity for high performer only.
Cons: way too many hours, no weekends off ever, and very little time off.
The management is poor and no growth or development. Benefits are terrible. No sense of direction or communication from higher ups.
always a shell game
fixed operations (Current Employee), georgiaNovember 10, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: senior management is corrupt
Under constant pressure to do better. General manager was a overbearing and a con. The company changes numbers and relays that your department is never doing well enough. Expense and outside services are always included every month even when they do not occur.
Great Company - the reason living this industry is -need my weekend for the family.
Commercial Sales Director ,Internet Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: award lunches, set lunches, pros lunches ect.
Cons: i did have full benefits.
In this job i was successful from day first step on the job,even didn't speak enough English.I did know a lot and I did learn a lot there. Was enough motivated,organized with set up high level goals and achieved them fast and successfully.Learned the product to a PROS MASTER Level, Excellent Green Customer Service and high numbers of sales and gross. – more... And the best point of my success was,that I did all this over sometimes Bad Management with unprofessional manners and favoritism . The most enjoyable part is working with Great People from all sides-customers,co-workers,managers. Working for great company like-Toyota. Leader on the market. – less
Pay can be good, problems don't get fixed.
service advisor (Former Employee), frisco, txSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management cut throat
Asbury has few opportunities in Dallas. You are just a number. Compensation is high for high performers only. Politics is more important than performance. Lots of pressure to get high surveys. Mgrs ask you to beg and bribe customers for good surveys instead of providing great service.
Great learning experience for selling but nothing more
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: do not have to sit behind a desk and crunch numbers all day, free to move around all day long and go on break whenever you would like
Cons: when business is slow you are under extreme pressure to go find business
Today I came into work and was chastised for not being at work yesterday.... my day off? Does not matter what you do or how much you are doing, you have never done enough. Some managers are enjoyable while others make you really want to go find a new job. It is the car business so of course you are expected to go above and beyond every day of every – more... week. Every day is a new day and every month just leads to a new month. Having goals is great and keeps business going but if you do not reach your goals one month here your job is threatened to be terminated. If you are good it can be fun but if you struggle at all you will be stressed miserably. I find myself working Monday through Sunday at least once a month. Monday through Saturday two to three times a month. Kiss your life goodbye. They do say the greatest rate of divorce is people in the car business. Now I know why. – less
great people bad management
Quick Lane Tech (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 10, 2013
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: poor management
For the most part i enjoyed working for this company. I worked there a year and a half. This company will write you up for anything and everything related to A CSI report. They will point out everything you do wrong. Even if it's out of your control. A very flew system.
Unethical Company
Service (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 9, 2012
While out in medical leave and advised job was secure, Two days before I was to return, I was fired. Vert unethical company
Cons: extensive amount of consumer issues
Work day consisted of preparing car for resale through used car department. Resolving in customer problems or conflicts regarding the sale of used cars. Most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring customers were satisfied with their purchase.
Cons: extensive amount of consumer issues
Responsible for all indirect tax functions
Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 30, 2012
• Prepare sales & use tax and property tax returns
• Tax compliance research
• Maintain unclaimed property data
• Reconcile tax accounts
Exceptional
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLAugust 19, 2012
The company as a whole is a good one. Just like any companies, there are strengths and flaws. In order to understand this companies pro and cons, one must experience being an employee there. Words fall short.

About Asbury Automotive Group

Asbury Automotive Group has made a living out of being large. The company oversees about 80 dealerships, which operate around – Read more

Asbury Automotive Group Photos