Asbury Automotive Group Employee Reviews

The department I worked in had good people and they were a pleasure to work with as individuals, however upper managemant treated the department like
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 20, 2017
This is not a great place to work. You are underpaid, undervalued, and nit-picked for small mistakes even when excelling at the position you're in. While some of the staff can be great people, overall it's clear the only person in your corner is yourself.
Pros
Free lunches for working Saturday. If they remember.
Cons
Pay, management, environment
Great
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSNovember 14, 2017
I love working for the company. My happiness outweighs the stress when I'm at work. I would recommend this job to anyone. This company also promotes within so good luck.
Benefits
Cons
Month End Stress
Not the most honest people to be around
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 9, 2017
If you have no options, this is for you
Not only are they strangers to the truth, they constantly short your pay with some creative excuse. They create a stressful environment. I always wondered why there is so much turnover here.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Dishonesty and incompetency
The car dealership can be a tough place to work for
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 31, 2017
I caught on quickly and it is a commission pay job only. If you are not willing to lie and cheat people ,then this is not the job for you. I was taught by someone who made almost six figures as a service advisor how to talk to customers and explain to them the problems that were wrong with their cars. I always helped people with their cost for repairs and never gouged them. I earned 5k per month helping people and being honest and never worried about missing a meal, but was often criticized for doing so.
Pros
Can be rewarding
Cons
Long hours and dealing with unhappy customers
Some people are good to work with.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 21, 2017
They find every way to cut back labor times for technicians. They screw up closing tickets and they tell you that it’s a lesson learned. We are responsible for our own problems and ours. Seems like it’s always at the expense of the technician. New management is poor. It’s almost like anything is coming directly out of their pocket our car wash has worked for like 6months total on and off in the 2 years I have worked there. I had to fight to get my promotion from lube tech to tech even though everyone recommended me for the open technician position. Doesn’t matter how hard working you are, I’m there 50+ hours a week and the only way we can make more money is by working more.
Pros
Decent shop tool selection
Cons
Slow shop
High stress run...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 19, 2017
The company sucks and they will try to throw you under the bus for there mess ups. From the LGM down do not take the title position the department is a mess and has DMV complants for letting people buy cars with no titles run....... it's not worth the stress for the little money.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 14, 2017
As with any job if you put the work in you will get the benefit out of it. It is very possible to be in the mid-to-high five figure salary and some guys are in the six figure salary in sales. All the people on indeed complaining about no opportunities or no advancement or lazy because you have the opportunities that you want to make in any sales environment. Some people are cut out for sales and some people aren't.
Cut throat, being belittled by managers constant taking money
Automotive Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 12, 2017
I’ve worked in the sales department for a short time but my pay was cut quarterly. The managers are always making you feel like you are worthless. There is no opportunity for advancement from the bottom. They only hire experienced people from other dealerships. Not worth the time wasted. Find a better dealership if you are considering working here. You will struggle to make anything more then minimum wage and then end up owing them money at the end of the month. Then you’ll be yelled at, at every other meeting.
Pros
Cons
Over worked under payed. Stressful environment
Poor
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  FlOctober 7, 2017
Never been treated so poorly, GMC and Customer relations evil. Work takes weeks to get out. GM talks to you like you are mud under his feet. Service manager great job but not given tools to succeed in his job.
Pros
Service Manager, awesome
Cons
Enviroment
Great place with great people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLOctober 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with the Asbury Automotive Group and regret that I left. The corporate office gives great support and I really enjoyed our dedicated staff.
Worst company ever
Usedcar Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Audi Roswell and Infiniti MariettaOctober 3, 2017
I have 28 years experience in this field... I worked at 2 Asbury stores and were equally as bad.. they do not care about anything with their employers and customers.. they are greedy. Their decisions are solely based on money, not what's good for the customer. General managers at the both Audi store in Roswell and the Infiniti store in Marietta are hopelessly ignorant. Poor leaders.. poor company .., stay away
Pros
Cons
To much to list
Nice place to work.
Regional Ecommerce Manager (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Asbury Automotive is a nice please to work. I have been with Asbury for 7 years in different roles. They have provided training in each role for me and have helped me very successful.
Pros
Training and feed back
Cons
Pto, health insurance is very expensive
Great Place to work!
Regional Talent Acquisition Business Partner (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 23, 2017
Asbury Automotive Group was a great experience for me. I did Talent Acquisitions. I was given the complete autonomy to do my job on a daily basis without being micro- managed. I was given clear and concise job expectations up front and was expected to perform the assigned task I was hired to complete. If I needed assistance or training, my manager was more than willing to assist. The team members where great and more than willing to assist if I had any questions. The pay and benefits were great. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
I had an awesome Manager and great team!
Cons
Life is not a bed of roses. Like anything else in life, it's what you make of it.
Best group to work for
Used Car Manager / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work, best benefits I have had in the business. The top brass often come to see how we are doing, and really do want every ones success!!!
Pros
Great work environment
Good entry level position
BDC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day spent scheduling appointments and making outbound calls . The hardest part about the job is making 1200 calls a month and getting told off by customers about how they do not want to receive phone calls . Management is not good. There is a high turn over rate and it is simply because of them , Don't just walk past your employees and not speak , take a second and just say hi and thank them for all the hard work they have down .Also help them grow and develop.
Pros
Free lunch on Sat, Benefits, guaranteed 40 hours
Hated working here
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 19, 2017
The place is negative and they constantly threaten your job. You only get advancement if you sleep with the boss. Not a professional environment!!!!!!
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Rude coworkers, no training, crazy hours
Don't waste your time with asbury!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
The Worst management you can find in the car business. They talk a great game, but deliver nothing. The corporation is the same way they promise a pay plan you can live with but they will change it without notice. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Nothing unless you like abuse
Cons
Inept Managment
Hectic
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I worked a ton of hours and it was just not the right fit for me. Car sales is car sales. Some people are made for it and some are not. I was seeking something more.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Long days
Don't waste your time
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 16, 2017
This place will drain you. Doing more than one job because the turn over is so bad due to poor compensation. Management is horrible! They are supposedly unable to do anything for you because they have to go up the ladder which never happens.
Cons
Compensation, management
Really enjoy the accounting department. enjoyable environment
Account Payable Clerk/Deposit Specialist (Current Employee) –  201 Octavia Dr.August 15, 2017
My experience with Asbury Automotive has been great. The accounting group I work with are truly a team. The Management and other areas have not been as pleasant since Corporate has bought the company. Things that should not be taken out of the store has been and causes quiet confusion with our vendors who have been with us for years. I have learned and grown in my position as accounting clerk/deposit specialist. I've learned more about the accounting process. Journal entries, credit, and debits. I do enjoy the deposits part of the job more than the payable, but have done payable for years so it comes as second nature.
Pros
enjoyable job with flexibility
Cons
pay and benefits are horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asbury Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8