Asbury Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Horrible Company , Management and most employees
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Finally I met the worst dealership after 20 years career in car business. Nobody cares for anything . Sales management all day in front of a pc surrounding of filthy sales people licking their shoes for a deal. All of them when asked for help have the same excuse: We are a big company in stock exchange Do not except that something can be done fast.
Many sales people for very few ups. No potential of making reasonable income for the tons of hours you will be there.
Unfair working and selling place for all. Customers and employees.
If you are not desperate for a job do your self a favor and look other dealerships
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Anything
Company doesn't care about you whatsoever
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2016
Of all the companies I've worked for in this industry, I've never quite come across one where management and corporate treat their employees this horribly. The amount of dedication you show will go unnoticed and don't ever get the impression that your job is secure.
Terrible Management, DO NOT WORK HERE
Service (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 18, 2016
They do not value their employees at all, you are just a producing number. Upper management is a joke. You just have to be pretty to be treated like a human, but don't dare ask for anything because there is no job security. This place is worse than highschool, its a popularity contest.
Pros
The little guys help each other out
Cons
Management is a joke
Asbury shows favoritism
iNTERNET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2016
Miro managed, and no room to the next management level from internet manager. They show favoritism
You have to play golf with the district manager to get a good store or promotion. The guy wont even return my email.
Pros
ZERO
Cons
LOW PAY FOR A INTERNET MANAGER THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A MIN OF 25% OF THE STORE SALES
Experience changes from Dealership to Dealership
ESTIMATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 8, 2016
I was fortunate to work for two different dealerships. Management styles differed greatly, compensation is calculated differently and amount of work differed greatly.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Cons
Work life balance
Everything Bad the car Industry is known for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 30, 2016
Upper Management will lie to get you hired. An entry level sales manager will work as many hours as any other dealership with 1/3rd the pay. No accountability for upper management. You will make more money being a below average salesperson somewhere else. I see no reason for anyone to work there.
Pros
benefits are good but too bad you won't be able to afford them.
Cons
You mean nothing to them regardless of how hard you work.
Good company
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2016
I was a sales manager for Greenville Automotive for 13 years we were bought by Asbury Automotive. They replaced a lot of good people.
Enjoyable people to work with
Compliance Officer/Biller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2016
For the most part, everyone works well together. All work as a team to meet the need of the customer to have their return business.
AP Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  GANovember 1, 2016
Work hard. I've learner a new system and the team I work with is great. Review the requested in the work folders and get check cut in a timely manor
Unprofessional and unorganized
BDC Agent (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 27, 2016
They let people go for no reason at all. You don't ever get to be doing your correct job although you did your best to help in other departments. They violate privacy laws as soon as your let go to other employees. This is the wrong place to work. This is a very two-faced atmosphere to work and they will turn on you. They talk about people in the workplace all day long instead of getting what needs to be done that day done.
Pros
Everyone was great except Scott Washle and the newfound two-faced accounting manager.
Cons
The whole company is a mess!
Depends on Dealership
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2016
80 hours a week
limited traffic
small grosses
lack of information for commissioned employees
lack of recognition
lack of growth
Do not recommend this company
Former Reconciliation Specialists (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 12, 2016
Managers are young and do not have the experience as managers. Frequent Profanity from a supervisor is over looked and accepted and is unpleasant to have to deal with on a daily basis. Employees are not treated fairly when it comes to the work load distributed out. Some are expected to do the majority of the work while others sit in huddles discussing personal activities or are outside on very long smoke break every hour on the hour instead of working. When you need to ask your superior a question you are instantly ordered to go to a different person so therefore the question never gets answered, as no one has any time for you. The turn over at this company is extremely high. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free month end lunches
Cons
Unexperienced Managers, Mandatory Health Assessment, they take out of your check whether you want it or not.
Corporations
GM (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 30, 2016
After 21 years as a GM, corporate walks in and let's my husband go with no reason. Puts a new GM in that did not have the loyalty to the company. They are on their 5th GM in 3 years. What does that tell you???????
Pros
We were family
Cons
They did not want that environment
Do not work here!!
Ripped off customer. (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLSeptember 10, 2016
This place is disorganized and dishonest. Mike Wright (wrong) will not take accountability for anything and will try to find ways of how nothing is his fault. The employees follow his lead and try to do the same thing.
Pros
Ripping people off
Cons
Having to live with yourself
Do not work here
n/a (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2016
This company is extremely disorganized and the management sucks. No one ever knows anything, and communication is horrible. This company could careless about their employees, they spend millions on a new building... but no employee parking!!!!
Pros
Cons
they pay is horrible.. and they don't believe in raises... unless it's for them
good company to work for
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 23, 2016
What I learned at Asbury will definitely help me with my future endeavors. I am looking to take the knowledge I learned and apply it.
Management Overhaul Needed
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 12, 2016
Selling cars is easy. A scientifically trained chimpanzee could do it. At this store however, complicates it so much, you just want to send the customer[s] elsewhere.

Case in point. I had a sales manager waive the BS "Dealer" Fee for one up, then refuse to for another, thereby losing me the sale. I was very close to punching him in the ear on that one.

They demand you get customers into the showroom or onto the lot, and after you spend a lot of time with customers, the managers f*ck the deal, and then get on your case for not brining in enough customers.

Do yourself a favor, work at another dealership other than this one, or any others owned and operated by this auto group.

Sell KIAs, I hear those stores know how make deals.
Pros
None come to mind
Cons
Management screwing deals, making sales reps complete BS training on computer instead of letting us sell.
automotive sales
Auto Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 5, 2016
a customer would come on the lot or phone in I would ask what their wants and needs are, then I would show them thee car or truck that met their needs, best part of the job was when I could help someone
Pros
good company staff
Cons
cost of healthcare
Avoid at all cost!!
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 26, 2016
I used to love working for this company but in the last year it became nothing but backstabbing and dirty politics! A lot of unfilled promises and decrease in pay! The corporate management has really gotten bad and destroying the company!! You really have to watch your back here!!!!
Pros
Cons
A lot
If you are complacent, its great
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 8, 2016
Pros:
Discounts on cars, labor, and you get to meet some cool people.

Cons:
Shady work, you will not get a raise most likely, almost no room to grow or advance, management is....... (politically correct term) repulsive, can be hostile, they only care about two things; making money and customers. They could care less about you. HR is also appalling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asbury Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7