Asbury Automotive Group

Asbury Automotive Group United States Employee Reviews

Its Sales
Sales Consultantat Coggin Chevy At the Avenues (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: opportunity to make alot of money
Cons: hours
Job is very interesting, just as any sales job is. It has its up and down points. Hardest part of this job is the hours and uncertainty, because you are relying on people to buy for you to earn your money. Coworkers are great, and the senior management staff are highly knowledgeable. All around its a safe and secure job as long as you are there giving it your all.
Productive workplace
express service technition (Former Employee), Mcdavid Honda of FriscoDecember 27, 2014
7a.m start every shift
tire changes
multi-point inspections
Quality Company
Asbury Automotive (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 1, 2014
Asbury is a great company to work for. They are growing and offer an abundance of earned advancement opportunities. If you want a company that will reward you for working hard, this is the company for your. Just like any automotive position, there are a lot of hours involved, but if you bring honesty, integrity, positive attitude, and strong work ethic to the table every day, great things will happen.
It's all about the money-and nothing more
Automotive technician (Former Employee), Coggin automotive group north FloridaNovember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturday
Cons: working 6 days a week
It's like working In a sweatshop. Long hours, poor shop maintenance, dispatching, and inexperienced management. Expect to work long hours, and 6+ days a week. The money isn't bad as long as you plan on living there. This is what will be expected to meet there department numbers. Read all the reviews, as they dont lie. Applicant beware!!!
wouldn't go there if I could help it.
Service Advisor (Former Employee), NLR, ARNovember 9, 2014
Pros: stress. no training. low pay. they dont care about you as a person, at all.
Cons: see pros
I was a service advisor for 2 months then I got fired because they didn't have anywhere to put me. My numbers were good. My customers were happy. They had me quit the job I was at and go to them rather than just tell me that they probably didn't have a place for me. they made up some bs about low customer satisfaction surveys when I'd only been there for 2 months and only had four of them in and two of them were completely satisfied. No training or supervision was given. Bad place to work and they let me go a month before xmas when I was doing as well as could be expected.
At the end it felt like a sweatshop
AP Clerk (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches at month end
Cons: bad management communication within department, technical support should have been more responsive
When I started there, I appreciated that everyone worked toward accomplishing their own goals for the day, each and every day. I didn't feel like there was any dead weight.

Once there was a management change, it felt like no one cared any longer for how hard you worked. All employees were treated like temporary workers. It became a revolving door of new staff. Expectations were high on all in the department but communication from department management was very poor. I became very disillusioned.

Better technical support would have helped in dealing with issues when they came up (faster response times, more respect for users).
Not too shabby
penske (Current Employee), cleveland ohOctober 3, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: political work environment, poor work life balance
not a great place to work. Poor leadership. no structure. its a complete free for all. you will be taken advantage of.
Challenging
Corporate General Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the knowledge acquired
Cons: the schedule of working in the tri-state area, living in massachusetts.
Very interesting working in several stores, with different product lines.
Don't bother
Parts and service (Former Employee), GeorgiaJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturdays
Cons: free lunch not usually the most desirable food
Since Nalley was purchased by Asbury Automotive things went steadily downhill. Big brother attitude on every facet of the dealership. Monitoring your emails, internet activity and camera's all over the interior of the building. Apparently they like to make you feel like a prisoner.. isn't that confronting?
Guaranteed that at least 80% of the employees are actively seeking another job, that's a fact. Their benefits packages are a joke and you will pay HEFTY for high deductible health insurance. Don't even think about adding dependents or you might as well work for free.
As stated the sales positions are always open because the turn over rate is UN REAL! You're lucky to see the same sales guy every six months, if that long.
Bad PLACE TO WORK
Service Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay is good if your crooked as a snake
Cons: bitter seasoned employees, unethical behavior, high turnover rate
This place encourages hiring the *Below Average* Employee... If your too smart they don't like that, double standards and unethical behavior. Place where popularity is a must. There is no balance between work and personal life, Job Security is factored by whose you kiss up to the most, Management or lack thereof, job culture focuses on competition and undercutting your fellow man. If your a good person, this is NOT the place you want to be.
company that is not about there employees.
Service Director (Former Employee), georgiaJune 5, 2014
Pros: employees outside of management very good
Cons: to many to note. gm harrass's employees.
very tense environment, poor morale, GM non caring about his employees. over 200% turn over in sales staff, no communication at store level.
Excellent Advancement Opportunities
Sr. Operational Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 10, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunity, good pay, team oriented
My first job in this company was selling cars. I was new to sales so I worked countless hours selling, training and developing my skills. The hours were long and I rarely took a day off, not because I was required to, but because I was eager to further my career. The money was great and my efforts paid off. I have worked for this company almost 7 years and I have averaged a promotion every 8 months, working my way through the dealership, regional and national ranks. What I like about Asbury is we have the tools for the motivated individual who wants to grow, and we look from within to promote before looking outside. For the potential applicant that reads this review: Yes, car sales is hard, the hours are long, they pay is good and depending on how much drive you have to grow... your potential for advancement in this company is practically limitless.
Asbury Promotes from Within
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: n/a
I've worked for Nalley (Asbury) for over 5 yrs and I can truly say it has been remarkable. The company offers many different training programs to enroll in, educate yourself and or prepare for advancement. It's now my 5th year and I've been promoted 7 times! I've had the opportunity to work in every position of a dealership. I worked my way up from a receptionist to top management. The journey was never easy; but what successful journey is easy? I learned best practices of customer service, finance and insurance policies, eCommerce/SEO, how to motivate a staff that has more experience then you and to get results, how to reduce costs and how to create a great culture and a great place to work. A piece of advice for people coming into the company would be to be a team player, treat everyone with respect, research what the job is before applying and note that the hours do pay off! The hardest part about the job is the hours but, all retail positions have long hours but the great thing about the auto industry is that it pays much more then your typical retail stores at the mall. I've had some great bosses and they all taught me something along the way that I now pass down to my team.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help other people be successful and implement new ideas for the company to continue growing. In my other role, the most rewarding part of my job was helping customers find their dream car and getting them financed on it. The auto industry is job security; everyone needs a vehicle. Its just a matter of where they want to buy it. Asbury is going no where; they are continually growing, developing and acquiring new locations. It's just a matter of choice if you or I want to grow with them.
overated
use car spe ialist (Former Employee), nalley hyundai conyers ga.March 30, 2014
Pros: free saturday lunch because u will work every saturday
Cons: no hyundai work
No work barely make 30 flare rate hour's week if u like to work on all makes and models its a use car repair center only Hyundai work is oil changes so it should be called use car supercenter .poor parts dept will not get off the stool and bring you parts never order parts you r Payed flare rate if not working no pay so go figure.no benefits price is cheper to get your own its not a group rate .management ok may get a issue resolved.I wouldn't recommend a job to no one I knew to work here like I said if it wasn't usecars and bodyshop repairs you would starve.also u will work every Saturday.
Easy to get hired. Poor training.
Service (Former Employee), Palm harborMarch 25, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: management sucks, 2 service managers and 5 service writers who quit!
Beside having to have a 110 per repair order avg and make 25 calls per day (24) you will be talked too! The place is poorly run with little direction. Service Manager is one if those people who come off as fake to everyone but herself. Always discounting services and thrives on coupon shoppers hoping to find that one large repair order.
Fast paced, enjoyable, great work envirorment
Pre-Owned Manager (Current Employee), Decatur,GaMarch 24, 2014
review all incoming e-leads, internals, check all CIT, deal meeting, salesperson follow-ups, generate internals, appraisals, inventory control, pencil and close deals. Worked directly for GSM. The hardest part of my day would be finding enough hours. The most enjoyable part of my day was feeling that I accomplished something.
Work place experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Nalley Lexus GalleriaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: breakfast and lunch for end of month closing.
Cons: not completely organized with training
I enjoyed going to work everyday because it was fast pace and the time went by fast. I learned to work with Workflow and ImageNow software. My co-workers were great people to work with. The hardest part of the job was the transition we were going thru was not accepted by the other locations we were supporting so it made our job harder than it should be.
Horrible place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: easy to get employed and opportunity for high performer only.
Cons: way too many hours, no weekends off ever, and very little time off.
The management is poor and no growth or development. Benefits are terrible. No sense of direction or communication from higher ups.
always a shell game
fixed operations (Current Employee), georgiaNovember 10, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: senior management is corrupt
Under constant pressure to do better. General manager was a overbearing and a con. The company changes numbers and relays that your department is never doing well enough. Expense and outside services are always included every month even when they do not occur.
Great Company - the reason living this industry is -need my weekend for the family.
Commercial Sales Director ,Internet Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: award lunches, set lunches, pros lunches ect.
Cons: i did have full benefits.
In this job i was successful from day first step on the job,even didn't speak enough English.I did know a lot and I did learn a lot there. Was enough motivated,organized with set up high level goals and achieved them fast and successfully.Learned the product to a PROS MASTER Level, Excellent Green Customer Service and high numbers of sales and gross. And the best point of my success was,that I did all this over sometimes Bad Management with unprofessional manners and favoritism . The most enjoyable part is working with Great People from all sides-customers,co-workers,managers. Working for great company like-Toyota. Leader on the market.

About Asbury Automotive Group

Asbury Automotive Group has made a living out of being large. The company oversees about 80 dealerships, which operate around – Read more

Asbury Automotive Group Photos