Asbury Automotive Group

Asbury Automotive Group Employee Reviews

payment issues and chain of command issues
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Brandon, FLAugust 3, 2015
great chance to learn and accomplish new goals. issues with pay. moderate work, fast pace and slow at times also. they do have a great chance to learn and even great team skills as well.
high volume fast paced
Assistant Finance Director (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: extremely long hours
Trained finance managers, negotiated bank contracts, did state titles and paperwork. loans and financing, worked in a group with 12 other individuals
You get out what you put in - Opportunity for GROWTH
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2015
Pros: Growing company, allows room for growth
Cons: Weekends & long hours
The car business is tough, but can be REWARDING! You have to be prepared to work 55-60 hours a week to be successful, but other than that it's EASY WORK! Make your phone calls and follow the sales process that they teach you in your training and you are GOLDEN! Get chummy with the service advisors and they will bring people to you when it may be time for the customer to get a new car. Do everything you can to be apart of the Interned Sales team. Everybody gets a piece of the pie, but you decide how big you want your piece to be.
SUCKS!
Associate (Former Employee), Midlothian, vaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Functional work schedule, easy work
Cons: Dreadful work environment, not a professional work environment in anyway, morals suck!
The Midlothian, Va is one of the worst places to work. The morals of these people are horrible they commend outrageous behavior and let the good go by. The pay stinks, benefits are good if you are never sick, have no kids, and don't really use the benefits. The service manager here is one of the worst I have ever seen. The sales manager is never open as he is obsessed with constant communication with the receptionist. After being there for a while I started to see what was not being done that they tell you happens when you go to NC for orientation/training. This is a great job for someone in college or someone who has no morals. You don't get paid well for what you do unless you just sit there and answer the phones. I would not recommend working here at all or even to my worst enemy. This specific BMW has the absolute worst management I have ever seen in my 22 years of working. I do not know about other facilities but this facility is not busy. If you want a dealership job Midlothian BMW is not the one!
Poor Leadership
Former F & I Manager. (Former Employee), Conyers, GaMay 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Leadership, No support, Manager Staffs our very disrespectful.
You will get cheated out of your commission.
Management staff are unprofessional. Lack of support from GM. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy not alone a friend. Good luck. Apply at your own risk. Do not work for this dealership. Consider this as a warning.
Great company
Corporate Development Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Fun company to work for but low pay and not so great benefits.
Its Sales
Sales Consultantat Coggin Chevy At the Avenues (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: opportunity to make alot of money
Cons: hours
Job is very interesting, just as any sales job is. It has its up and down points. Hardest part of this job is the hours and uncertainty, because you are relying on people to buy for you to earn your money. Coworkers are great, and the senior management staff are highly knowledgeable. All around its a safe and secure job as long as you are there giving it your all.
Productive workplace
express service technition (Former Employee), Mcdavid Honda of FriscoDecember 27, 2014
7a.m start every shift
tire changes
multi-point inspections
Quality Company
Asbury Automotive (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 1, 2014
Asbury is a great company to work for. They are growing and offer an abundance of earned advancement opportunities. If you want a company that will reward you for working hard, this is the company for your. Just like any automotive position, there are a lot of hours involved, but if you bring honesty, integrity, positive attitude, and strong work ethic to the table every day, great things will happen.
It's all about the money-and nothing more
Automotive technician (Former Employee), Coggin automotive group north FloridaNovember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturday
Cons: working 6 days a week
It's like working In a sweatshop. Long hours, poor shop maintenance, dispatching, and inexperienced management. Expect to work long hours, and 6+ days a week. The money isn't bad as long as you plan on living there. This is what will be expected to meet there department numbers. Read all the reviews, as they dont lie. Applicant beware!!!
wouldn't go there if I could help it.
Service Advisor (Former Employee), NLR, ARNovember 9, 2014
Pros: stress. no training. low pay. they dont care about you as a person, at all.
Cons: see pros
I was a service advisor for 2 months then I got fired because they didn't have anywhere to put me. My numbers were good. My customers were happy. They had me quit the job I was at and go to them rather than just tell me that they probably didn't have a place for me. they made up some bs about low customer satisfaction surveys when I'd only been there for 2 months and only had four of them in and two of them were completely satisfied. No training or supervision was given. Bad place to work and they let me go a month before xmas when I was doing as well as could be expected.
At the end it felt like a sweatshop
AP Clerk (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches at month end
Cons: bad management communication within department, technical support should have been more responsive
When I started there, I appreciated that everyone worked toward accomplishing their own goals for the day, each and every day. I didn't feel like there was any dead weight.

Once there was a management change, it felt like no one cared any longer for how hard you worked. All employees were treated like temporary workers. It became a revolving door of new staff. Expectations were high on all in the department but communication from department management was very poor. I became very disillusioned.

Better technical support would have helped in dealing with issues when they came up (faster response times, more respect for users).
Not too shabby
penske (Current Employee), cleveland ohOctober 3, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: political work environment, poor work life balance
not a great place to work. Poor leadership. no structure. its a complete free for all. you will be taken advantage of.
Challenging
Corporate General Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the knowledge acquired
Cons: the schedule of working in the tri-state area, living in massachusetts.
Very interesting working in several stores, with different product lines.
Don't bother
Parts and service (Former Employee), GeorgiaJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturdays
Cons: free lunch not usually the most desirable food
Since Nalley was purchased by Asbury Automotive things went steadily downhill. Big brother attitude on every facet of the dealership. Monitoring your emails, internet activity and camera's all over the interior of the building. Apparently they like to make you feel like a prisoner.. isn't that confronting?
Guaranteed that at least 80% of the employees are actively seeking another job, that's a fact. Their benefits packages are a joke and you will pay HEFTY for high deductible health insurance. Don't even think about adding dependents or you might as well work for free.
As stated the sales positions are always open because the turn over rate is UN REAL! You're lucky to see the same sales guy every six months, if that long.
Bad PLACE TO WORK
Service Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay is good if your crooked as a snake
Cons: bitter seasoned employees, unethical behavior, high turnover rate
This place encourages hiring the *Below Average* Employee... If your too smart they don't like that, double standards and unethical behavior. Place where popularity is a must. There is no balance between work and personal life, Job Security is factored by whose you kiss up to the most, Management or lack thereof, job culture focuses on competition and undercutting your fellow man. If your a good person, this is NOT the place you want to be.
company that is not about there employees.
Service Director (Former Employee), georgiaJune 5, 2014
Pros: employees outside of management very good
Cons: to many to note. gm harrass's employees.
very tense environment, poor morale, GM non caring about his employees. over 200% turn over in sales staff, no communication at store level.
Excellent Advancement Opportunities
Sr. Operational Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 10, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunity, good pay, team oriented
My first job in this company was selling cars. I was new to sales so I worked countless hours selling, training and developing my skills. The hours were long and I rarely took a day off, not because I was required to, but because I was eager to further my career. The money was great and my efforts paid off. I have worked for this company almost 7 years and I have averaged a promotion every 8 months, working my way through the dealership, regional and national ranks. What I like about Asbury is we have the tools for the motivated individual who wants to grow, and we look from within to promote before looking outside. For the potential applicant that reads this review: Yes, car sales is hard, the hours are long, they pay is good and depending on how much drive you have to grow... your potential for advancement in this company is practically limitless.
Asbury Promotes from Within
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: n/a
I've worked for Nalley (Asbury) for over 5 yrs and I can truly say it has been remarkable. The company offers many different training programs to enroll in, educate yourself and or prepare for advancement. It's now my 5th year and I've been promoted 7 times! I've had the opportunity to work in every position of a dealership. I worked my way up from a receptionist to top management. The journey was never easy; but what successful journey is easy? I learned best practices of customer service, finance and insurance policies, eCommerce/SEO, how to motivate a staff that has more experience then you and to get results, how to reduce costs and how to create a great culture and a great place to work. A piece of advice for people coming into the company would be to be a team player, treat everyone with respect, research what the job is before applying and note that the hours do pay off! The hardest part about the job is the hours but, all retail positions have long hours but the great thing about the auto industry is that it pays much more then your typical retail stores at the mall. I've had some great bosses and they all taught me something along the way that I now pass down to my team.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help other people be successful and implement new ideas for the company to continue growing. In my other role, the most rewarding part of my job was helping customers find their dream car and getting them financed on it. The auto industry is job security; everyone needs a vehicle. Its just a matter of where they want to buy it. Asbury is going no where; they are continually growing, developing and acquiring new locations. It's just a matter of choice if you or I want to grow with them.
overated
use car spe ialist (Former Employee), nalley hyundai conyers ga.March 30, 2014
Pros: free saturday lunch because u will work every saturday
Cons: no hyundai work
No work barely make 30 flare rate hour's week if u like to work on all makes and models its a use car repair center only Hyundai work is oil changes so it should be called use car supercenter .poor parts dept will not get off the stool and bring you parts never order parts you r Payed flare rate if not working no pay so go figure.no benefits price is cheper to get your own its not a group rate .management ok may get a issue resolved.I wouldn't recommend a job to no one I knew to work here like I said if it wasn't usecars and bodyshop repairs you would starve.also u will work every Saturday.
Headquarters