Asbury Methodist Village Employee Reviews

A great environment
Lead Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 17, 2017
I love working at Asbury and being around positive energy. We all get along with one another. It's a family environment. I would love to stay if I could advance to a higher position.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Low wages
A lot of long term associates, beautiful campus
Associate Director HR (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 29, 2017
I would recommend Asbury as a place to work. There could be more opportunities offered to associates in terms of tuition reimbursement and growth. It can be very busy, there are almost 900 associates. I have grown during the course of my employment at Asbury. There are a lot of very kind people who work here and they really care about the residents and their well being. The hardest part of the job is that some areas aren't given enough resources to be staffed appropriately. The best part of the job would have to be the friendships that I have been able to make here.
Pros
Big campus, opportunities to move into other positions.
Cons
Management gets so focused on budget, they lose sight of our Vision and what we stand for.
Very nice experience.
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 20, 2017
This was indeed one of my favorite jobs that I've ever worked! I was serving the elderly, and every table that I would greet before I'd serve them; I'd get nothing but smiles and positivity.
first job and i enjoyed it very much
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 7, 2017
A typical work day was very good the chef would prepare food for the workers before work and then we would begin our work day which was preparing and serving food to the residents
Great place to volunteer
Activities Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery Village, MDFebruary 28, 2017
A great place to perform a service for your community while learning the interesting stories residents have. Build essential skills while working with others and interacting with residents.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
large campus
a very Productive and fun place to work ...great employees
Volunteer Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 13, 2017
my experience at Asbury opened my heart and mind to this field . The residence are inexplicably amazing , very soft loving people and the staff there help keep that great energy a float. The coordinator who I was happy to assist everyday, was very open and gentle, organized and truly experienced. I look up to most of the people I had the pleasure working with.Unfortunately there were no positions opened for me to work permanently, but great place of employment if you ask me
Pros
Great inexpensive lunch, Very professional, organized and welcoming
Cons
nothing bad to say
Close to home
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 15, 2016
Great employees Close to home Person centered care Works with MC and University nursing programs Good pay Lovely elderly residents
Pros
employees loyal
Cons
Change in management
great company needs to hire better management !
Housekeeper - (Fulltime) (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 4, 2016
the great company needs to hire better management ! Management at the Gaithersburg locating played favoritism and human resource needs much improving !
This doesn't apply
Director of Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 9, 2016
This rating for the above doesn't apply to anyone as it's a reference of multiple companies I have had a home health relationship with. This system doesn't make sense.
Productive and wonderful place to work
Dinning Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 25, 2016
i loved working here because it was kinda like my first real job, i love interacting with the customers and meeting their needs because that was what was most important and i made sure to sell them the right products .
Pros
lunch With management
Cons
None Actually
Poor Management and Biased Hiring
Lead Dinning Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 2, 2016
When I first began at Asbury the environment was very welcoming and the staff and residents were all very nice. However, after now being at the company for almost 2 years there are a lot of problems with lower management. In addition, the hiring process was very biased they only hired people that were similar to the staff that already work in the dinning room and were contingent on not hiring people above high school / college age for the positions available. However, that being said Asbury is a good place to work for High School and College Students due to its flexible hours and easy job tasks.
Pros
Offer scholarships to high school and college students
Cons
Lower and even Middle Management Problems
Typical Day
Transported senior citizens to their meals (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 1, 2016
setting the dinning room, having the elderly come down check them in. They are sat a table with menu's. The server will introduce themselves to the table and take there order. Then bring out the food when the ticket is complete.
first time volunteer experience was great
Aide (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 13, 2016
I ENJOYED working at that place. staffs were very nice and I enjoyed helping those elderly people. I really enjoyed working there
productive
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 5, 2016
enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very helpful and were willing to teach me how to take orders faster in which was a lot of help because it fastened my pace. The dining room was always busy but i enjoyed the atmosphere because it was always filled with positive people and good vibes.
Very laid back
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 19, 2015
It was a very laid back work environment you didn't get called to do anything. They would only ask for your assistance if there was a large activity going on like Bingo or help to get residents down for performances. As for management goes the people in HR are not the ones you go to if you need to take a day off or you need to miss a day of work. In such cases, you would go to the people you work with on the floor HR assigns you to.
Fun workplace, very informative and thorough
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly. The pay and the hours are great. It was a very great job to have. The managers are very understanding and flexible
Pros
great workers, breaks, and pay
Fun work enviornment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 31, 2015
Working at Asbury was the best learning experience and a very fun environment to work in. A normal day was full of laughter and person-to-person interaction as well as getting work done. My co-workers were very nice, supportive and just easy going people. The work load was hectic at times but, I always got it done and if there was something I needed help with, my co-workers were always ready and willing to assist me. Asbury is a very team oriented environment and I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free lunches, meeting new people
Cons
No longer working there
Very welcome place and peaceful to work with those in need like the elderly.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 21, 2015
Asbury was a wonderful place to work. People are very nice and cleints too. The company really takes care of the clients. Work with the elderly in Asbury helped me to become more patient with clients and there was a very good collaboration between co-workers. The hardest part was when I could really respond to need of the client because of his/her illness like dementia or Alzheimer. The most enjoyable part was when I could bring a little joy, happiness and help the clients feel good just for a minute.
i feel excited when i go to work
PRN (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 12, 2015
A typical day starts with this zeal to put a smile on every one's face especially the clients. I have learned that to be happy, you as an individual needs to make someone happy. The management is great and my co-workers are just awesome. They all have a great sense of humor and a great team spirit. The hardest part of the job is that i don't take no for an answer, depending on the situation anyway. The most enjoyable part is that i go home feeling fulfilled, knowing that i made someone's day a great one.
Nice place to work
Programming Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work for Asbury would start out with checking my messages and emails. Completing room reservation requests and giving tours of the community for people interested in renting. Planning onsite and offsite activities and trips for the residents. Planned the health fair and completed outreach to vendors in the area for marketing purposes. Kept track of the supplies and the budget that I updated frequently.

I learned how to properly network and plan events on a more professional scale. I learned how to propose a budget and communicate with people who have one or more disabilities due to aging.

As far as management goes, most people are really nice but they let people who aren't management influence too many things.

The hardest part of the job was when my resident passed away.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just seeing the residents enjoy themselves and have a great time
Pros
Nice residents and great cafeteria
Cons
too many politics