Asbury University Employee Reviews in United States

Safe christian environment, good benefits but unpredictable upper management
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KYAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed working in a christian environment. The coworkers are friendly and team oriented. Work is done when your shift is over... overtime is rare. Benefits are very good...low cost insurance, staff discount at amazing campus cafeteria, free use of gym/pool. Supervisors are good and caring however upper management will let people go for personal reasons even if they are hard workers and loved by everyone who knew them. My particular department won't hire from within our department...you are stuck in the postition you hire in at.
Pros
safe, friendly environment and good benefits
Cons
Upper management unpredictable making for questionable job security
Work
Front Floors Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Wilmore, KYMarch 16, 2016
Typical day at work is clock in, and then do desired job, either cleaning front floors with broom and mop, or back floors picking up floor mats and then sweeping and mopping floors
Good but downgrades injuries
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KYJanuary 13, 2016
The people were great, the job was reasonable and fast paced. Upon arriving I get straight to work and tend to work over time in order to complete the day. The management was kind but did not pay close attention to the workers and had poor communication. When I had a severe burn up my arm, my supervisor simply told me to put gel on it. My arm got extremely worse, infected, swollen, bubbling, etc. The management did not care and required that I continue to work; however, to make sure I didn't contaminate food I made sure to cover up as much as possible. Overall: the management did not take the time to observe my workplace injury. Other workers were kind, straight to the point, and worked from beginning to end and I learned how to work faster and cook more efficiently. Pay wasn't terrible but for the first 2 months I did not get my full pay check as well as the last month I worked.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Average pay, poor hours, easy injuries
Good Experience
dir. by Joshua Overbay, Tracking-Shot Productions (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KYApril 15, 2015
The job was easy and straightforward, and I had a lot of creative freedom, but working at an institution for Asbury for very long would wear on a person.
Radio DJ (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KyAugust 22, 2014
• Produced and hosted a live radio broadcast catering to the students at the university.
• Job included: show prep, production, board operation, hosting on air talent/live bands/interviewing students, podcasting, and social media networking, news, traffic, sports, weather, etc-anything and everything falling under that umbrella. Also commercials, spots, sweepers, sports/remotes, etc.
College Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KYMay 31, 2014
Did various jobs on campus from, cafeteria, to art gallery clerk, to campus postal service worker.
Great on-campus position
Art Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmore, KYMarch 14, 2013
Worked on the art/music office helping students and faculty with different tasks. I had to cater to many different working styles of those around me while keeping great attention to detail.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
just a college job.

Want to know more about Asbury University?

Ask a question