ASC Employee Reviews

Dining hall at SUNY Cortland
Student employee (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 19, 2016
Good work environment with fun and sociable workers who made sure to take care of students needs. Serve food, clean area or dining hall, run dishes and make sure everything was running smoothly was a part of the everyday experience. Opportunities to learn new skills was always present and many of the full time employees wanted to teach the students. Managers were always kind and willing to work with you if there was a conflict with your schedule. Hardest part would be making sure everything was stocked during dinner rush.
Pros
Drink as many drinks as you want. Take breaks for the bathroom
Cons
couldn't eat unless had a 6 hour shift
Not a great company understaffing
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INDecember 9, 2016
Understaffing needs addressed. All ASC facilities are severely understaffed to the detriment of residents. Memory care unit expanded without staff! Cannot use new whirlpool tub for the elderly who could benefit due to not enough staff once again.
Pros
Carry ins
Cons
Everything else
Remodeled quality resort properties
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan NYSeptember 12, 2016
Small contractor. Took good potential properties and and turned them into attractive, valuable properties. Good work ethics.
Where ideas become reality
Interior trim Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MISeptember 7, 2016
A place where the unimaginable becomes reality. Perfection is the agenda. A company also focused on continuous training. Great working environment and excellent working peers.
Small soccer club in Glen Ellyn, IL
Youth Soccer Coach and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 20, 2016
Very fun to work with kids. Makes me learn patience, and to remember to be positive and give encouragement.

The other coaches I work with are good people, provide a good environment.

The hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job is working with children.
productive and work safely
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2016
I like working with care and finish my work in time to help my teammates as long as I do not neglect my responsibilities. I have experience in packing, QC, Inspector.
Excellent place to work
Finance VP Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 4, 2016
I work with the insurance policy for all the company, I have learn a lot.
The managment is always available to help, is a good company, the President is one of a kind.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
10 consecutives vacation days
A fantastic opportunity to experience something most people can't even comprehend.
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 17, 2015
A typical corporate evironment to support unique environment supporting cutting edge science. there a lot of peopole very passionate about the work we do here. it is a collaborative culture with everyone working towards a common goal. Supporting science, analyzing the environment, the adaptive biology and studying the cosmic microwave background. Working in a pristine enviroment where the air is clear and the sun is always up duirng the summer.
Pros
A fantastic experience to be a part of and long distance travel
Cons
Long distance travel nad denpendency on the current political climate for funding.
Good Place
Business and Technology Consultant, SPM (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 9, 2016
Opportunities to excel exist in this operation.
Versatile skills can be acquired here
Excellence is always maintained
A fine place to be part of
Pros
pay
Cons
variance
Fun Environment
Court Researcher (Current Employee) –  VariesApril 23, 2016
This is an Independent Contractor Position and comes with the flexibility of time, where you are in control of how to manage your time.
Procuct Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
Fun work place with suportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company.
Fun and productive place to work
cafeteria style, sauté cook (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 18, 2015
Typically i set up my station with the food i am going to prepare. I print out the recipes i am going to be using and saute the dishes that are to be served on my line that day. In between sauteing I serve the food that is the hot wells to customers.

My co-workers are nice to work with and management treats the employees with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students who are employees and sauteing the food. I enjoy learning new recipes and working with the cooks and chefs.
great place to learn manegement skills
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  tarboro ncOctober 22, 2013
a day at work includes managing a crew of ten people
I learned very many skills dealing with customers
management and co-workers all learned from each other
hardest part of the job was long hours but worth it
most enjoyable part of the job was making people happy
Pros
great pay
Cons
place closed down
Easy work but not concerned about employees!!! Don't give raises often.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCDecember 8, 2011
It's not a place for people who has kids. Don't have sick days. Don't give raises often. Easy work but over all is they don't care about their employees at all. Only concerned about getting the air conditioners out.
Pros
work is really easy.
Cons
not concern about employees!!
stressful with no kind of organization
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2013
Typical day is go to office get work order go to apartments trash them out deep clean paint maintenance. Other days clean on grounds or inspections of apartments. I learned that I am self motivated and can do anything I put my mind to. Management was terrible. No organization or communication. Got along great with coworkers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a boss that really didnt know what was going on and didnt communicate things that needed to be communicated. I enjoyed cleaning and painting and seeing how good things looked when I was done.
Pros
being able to have time alone
Cons
no communication, no order, not enough time
Unprofessional New to the Realestate.
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 10, 2013
My typical day at The Addison Apts, Broken windows from Break ins. Clean up blood from shootings, Fixing door jambs from doors being kicked in. Trash everywhere from Tenants who don't care. Talking to Tenants on a daily basis who do not like the Office staff because of their promises to get things fixed and never seem to have the money in the budget to order supplies.
Tenants knew me on a first name basis as the children knew me as well. I became very close to my tenants, they were humans and deserved to be treated like humans low income or not.Everyday was very mind exhausting but a sense of accomplishment, I knew in my heart I did a great job everyday and could go home with a clear mind.
I left my job over a Quarrel about the way I parked my truck, Backing it in because it was such a big truck. I was told that if I backed it in again, I would be fired. fair enough I gathered my tools and left before it grew into something.
Pros
Tenants loved me and I cared very much for them too..
Cons
Never had money to fix things, Office staff never around Low morale Unskilled personal.
Friendly staff
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove INJuly 11, 2014
medication administration, input of new orders, observation of resident daily care, how to do admissions, management was friendly, co-worker very supportive, the lost of a resident, seeing my resident faces light up when i enter the building, that brought joy to my heart.
Pros
very friendly atmosphere
Cons
too many turnovers in such a short period of time.
Performed advanced structural analyses using Cray Supercomputer
Structures Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 6, 2015
I performed Durability and Damage Tolerance Analyses (DaDTA) and NASTRAN Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to support Air Force aircraft developments. My access to the Cray Supercomputer and essentially unlimited resources for 11 or the 15 years at Wright-Patterson provided me structural engineering experience unrivaled anywhere on the planet.

In cooperation with other engineers, I was able to design a highly unusual special-purpose aircraft for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency as well as put weapons systems into service.

The job was fun and rewarding but did not like Dayton, Ohio, so I retired after only 15 years there. I returned to northern New England nine years ago, close to where I attended boarding school on a full three-year scholarship.
Family bussiness
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 23, 2015
An excellent job to learn basics accounting, and to grow. Also a good place to use initiative and to learn how to manage a family bussiness.
Relaxed yet challenging work environment.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pavillion, WYJune 11, 2013
Good opportunity and flexible hours. Telecommute and provide all updates online. Have known owner for a few years and this was a good opportunity to work together. Have not personally met any of the other co-workers, we communicate online and through Skype.

I have been learning more advanced usage of C# and web-hosting applications.

I pretty much work my own hours. It is a good environment to learn new tools and engineering techniques because the end customer is a world-class product manufacturer and wants only the best solutions (compatibility, maintainability, performance and supporting documentation).
Pros
Flexibility and learning opportunities.
Cons
Contract work - not a permanent position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASC. Our community is ready to answer.