Ascena Retail Group, Inc Employee Reviews

constantly in flux
Assistant Vice President, Benefits (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 23, 2017
tons of reorganization with poor vision
prior workplace culture was great, now many disgruntled associates
lack of recognition
retail is in a bad space right now
Great place to work, good building with good view
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work, good building with good view. The building is in the middle of the city overlooking the waterfront. The management is good and people focused.
maurices home office is a fabulous place to work
IT Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 11, 2017
The work place culture at maurices is amazing! Very positive and encouraging atmosphere. The management strives to recognize accomplishment and stands by their employees. I enjoyed coming into work each day and face any new challenges that have come up or to keep working on whatever project I was most recently tasked with.
Pros
Amazing culture and a free to use, on site fitness center with full time wellness coordinator, plus cheap clothes
Manager, Transportation Operations (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJune 23, 2017
Culture is unmatched, very relaxed and casual atmosphere. People genuinely care about the company and their jobs and want to help each other succeed. People are trusted to do their jobs and hours/work from home is flexible. The culture makes people want to work hard and do their best.
Pros
Best culture ever
Cons
A bit of brown nosing and politics from time to time
Stuck in mud
Home Office Support (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJune 21, 2017
Don't waste your time. They don't pay very well, file a complaint you're fired. No sick time, show up late your fired. They're closing 650 stores and closing the Catherines brands home office and are cutting people loose in the Maurices clothing brand. The ship is sinking, stay away.
Pros
Cons
Closing stores, horrible benefits, you have to suck in order to have a day off
It's Retail
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 18, 2017
A typical day at work consists of sales, unit per transaction, average dollar sale, and credit card application goals. Those are usually the main focus of the day. Customers are also important. Every customer must be greeted and given personal assistance during their shopping visits. Between tasks tables must be folded and "go backs" put away.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
extreme focus on the numbers
Used to be a good place untl1until management changed
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 17, 2017
I loved my job... got promoted three times and was praised allnthe time for a job well done. My numbers were high and was considered a top associate and supervisor. Howevee management and hr failed me when I had a problem associate and even after it was proved I did everything I could, they fired me. They had previously fired 4 other supervisors and since my departure, they fired more management which makes the environment unfriendly and nobody is happy anymore. They make everyone feel uneasy and supervisors cant even supervise their associates as they are constantly running reports which take forever. Its very sad where this company is now considering I grew with it helping bring in 6 of the 8 brands
Pros
Free pop
Cons
Management has no clue
Loved the store teams, not the higher ups
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 16, 2017
The Benefits were great medically, but you could tell there was so much pressure on the DM's that all you heard was negative feedback. Not all DM's are like that though. Where I was there is still after 3 years, so much pressure on that market. Maybe go somewhere less busy...
Fun work environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 25, 2016
Maurices creates a challenging yet fun customer focused environment. Customer service is the main focus and distinguishes this company from other retail stores. This focus creates personal relationships between employees and customers.
Awesome environment, fun place to work
Retail Store Maintenance, Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJuly 13, 2015
Best experience ever, best boss that truly had my best interest in growing with the company. Taught me everything I know about store facilities. I loved my job.
Pros
Great People, Fun place to work
Cons
Opportunity and advancement was cut short.
Great company to work for!
Help Desk Analyst and Security User Admin (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 3, 2014
Very friendly atmosphere. Good benefits and company always has activities for employees.
Great company but not enough room for growth
Service Desk Lead - Level III Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 4, 2014
Despite Ascena being a great company overall, they are scaling back their IT operations and there is limited growth potential. I aspire to manage a Service Desk and being in a Lead position was something that I did in the past, so it seemed a good fit while I was job searching. Unfortunately, after discovering the lack of promotion opportunities, I need to move on to a company that will allow me to develop and start a career I can retire from.
Developing the IT Strategy
Interim Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 23, 2012
Lots of travel, working with terrific co-workers as we develop a complex IT Strategy.
a company of customer-centric thought leaders; once a familial atmosphere transitioning to a more empirically driven culture for growth
Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYSeptember 12, 2012
a company in transition that embraces change
knows its target customers