Ascena Retail Group, Inc Employee Reviews

Stable Retail Position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 1, 2015
I wish the store I worked in lived the talk the corporate environment provided. I left the company because the manager and district manager continued to schedule me overtime hours and ignored my request for earned time off. I also suffered verbally abusive treatment from the manager. The manager was fired shortly after I left and the district manager was also replaced. I reapplied to work for a different manager and was denied reentry into the company.
Pros
Full time work, store discounts, health care benefits
Cons
overworked, demeaned
Awesome environment, fun place to work
Retail Store Maintenance, Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJuly 13, 2015
Best experience ever, best boss that truly had my best interest in growing with the company. Taught me everything I know about store facilities. I loved my job.
Pros
Great People, Fun place to work
Cons
Opportunity and advancement was cut short.
Great company to work for!
Help Desk Analyst and Security User Admin (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 3, 2014
Very friendly atmosphere. Good benefits and company always has activities for employees.
Great company but not enough room for growth
Service Desk Lead - Level III Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 4, 2014
Despite Ascena being a great company overall, they are scaling back their IT operations and there is limited growth potential. I aspire to manage a Service Desk and being in a Lead position was something that I did in the past, so it seemed a good fit while I was job searching. Unfortunately, after discovering the lack of promotion opportunities, I need to move on to a company that will allow me to develop and start a career I can retire from.
Developing the IT Strategy
Interim Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 23, 2012
Lots of travel, working with terrific co-workers as we develop a complex IT Strategy.
a company of customer-centric thought leaders; once a familial atmosphere transitioning to a more empirically driven culture for growth
Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYSeptember 12, 2012
a company in transition that embraces change
knows its target customers
team environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascena Retail Group, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3