Ascena Retail Group Employee Reviews

fun and productive
Warehouse Warrior (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHFebruary 20, 2018
honestly i regret leaving this job and it was a mistake but the work slowed down and i needed something more stable insted of just cleaning machines but other then that if you can get there and all that i would so recomend this job for you
Pros
lunch was cheap and it was fun
Cons
no work sometimes
Overall
IT SOX Compliance Analyst - Industry (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Ascena retail was a good place to work. Low stress environment and friendly people. The travel distance is a bit out of the way to the facility, which can be troublesome in bad weather.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
travel distance to the facility is a bit far from the city
Poor Management
Operations Supervisor (Ecom) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I was happy working for this company when i first started everything seemed to be what i was looking for within a company. But as time went on i did notice the company was not consistent with rules and policies. Also there were instances of a manager getting into a verbal altercation with another manager and he was still there after it happened twice. The communication was very key to me and that's not what i was getting from management.
Pros
Fair pay, good benefits, good work like balance
Cons
Management and HR need improvement, favoritism within management team
Fast paced work
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHFebruary 5, 2018
It was a fast paced and easy to learn and picking and packing simple the people are friendly the the workplace is clean. The company provides free beverages and fruit
Ascena
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Casual laid back yet, fast paced work environment. Flexible sick days and paid time off. Opportunities to advance in the company if hard work is shown.
Its was an alright workplace.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INFebruary 2, 2018
The typical was day was stressful, you didn't really get any proper breaks. I honestly didn't learn much at Ascena. Ascena Retail Group wasn't managed very well at all. I absolutely did not like working at Ascena but it paid my bills.
busy
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 30, 2018
a real busy company, fast paced, very precise in every packGE PACKING.
enjoyed the fast pace of the company always overtime plenty of help with every job
Pros
fast paced
Cons
cold wearhouse
Very Slow
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 30, 2018
We only had on brand that we were working with out of the eight that we should of been working with. New section called ecom that they hired way to many people for so there was a lot of pushing brooms and standing around.
Fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJanuary 28, 2018
great place great people lots of room for improvement wouldn't have left but had to relocate. Wish i could go back and chill with my managers i loved them bros
Fun and faat pacs work place
active picker (Former Employee) –  Greencastle indianaJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed working there it was great they have great team leads and gret mangers and it was a wonderful place i would recamend anyone there to work there
Pros
great clean enviroment
Cons
they keep lazy people
Ascena Retail Group, Inc.
Corporate Tax Tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 27, 2018
I loved that they had group meetings. They always made you feel included on what was going on with the company. They are really strong on knowing who you work with and want the employee to collaborate with one another. Always having company events to be able to socialize with co-workers. And the discounts on clothing was AWESOME!!!
Pros
really good discounts on their clothing, had great benefits, pretty warm welcoming when you were new to the company, and you can tell the care about their emplyees
A lot of great people
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2018
There were a lot of people that I loved to work with that I now miss since I no longer work there. The job was pretty fair but it was also very busy. I would come in and before even logging in for the day I was being asked to login and start helping out. On the other hand, it was so busy that it made the days go by fast.
Okay Job
Customer service in children's retail store (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 25, 2018
Not the best job for someone who is looking to get many hours. It was a part-time job but most weeks I would only be scheduled 3 hours a week. Management was switched around while I was there. Even though the new manager is benefitting the store, I was being scheduled less and my hours that I did have scheduled would often be cut.
What a mess
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Ascena hired too many seasonal employees. We were told in orientation that attendance was very important and that anybody with 3 attendance points would be dismissed. However, the managers seemed to struggle with tracking attendance, so many people slid by with multiple points. There wasn't enough work for everybody, so they started cutting hours. Finally, just two weeks short of my 90 days, I walk into the building and was told to go to the break room for a meeting. They announced that they were letting go anybody who had started after a certain date, regardless of attendance or behavior. They also let go the HR manager responsible for hiring on so many unnecessary employees, so hopefully they'll be a little more organized in the future?
work hours and environmen
PICKING AND REPLINISH (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 13, 2018
Work 12 hour shifts. Worked 3-4 days a week. Is a very fast paced environment. For replenishment must be able to lift 50 pounds. Friendly and compedative work environment.
Pros
3 day weeks
Cons
12 hour shifts
Decent job
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 11, 2018
Not my cup of tea. Did the same thing every day and it was so monotonous and boring. I was only seasonal but the pay was decent while it lasted. Decent job if you like factory work.
unethical
Warehouse Unit Associate (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 10, 2018
It was slow paced working environment. Employees did not know what they were even doing for the company.If you wanted to learn about company, you never got the same answer from management or HR.The most unorganized company i have ever seen or worked for.I would not suggest anyone to work for ascena!
Benefits
Cons
management
productive and fun
Packing and receiving (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 6, 2018
Ascena is a good place to work they, really good care of their associates. I worked there both 2016 and 2017 seasonal. Management is iffy. Good place.
Pros
good breaks, nice pay, benefits, easy .
Cons
no job security, managememt is iffy.
Productive and fun environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 18, 2017
Work days went by fast, had plenty of breaks, learned a lot, and management was good. Work environment was fun and laid back. The job itself wasn't difficult at all.
Hard but fair
case Handler (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHDecember 16, 2017
The work was tough and physical but the tasks given to you were simple. The benefits and company participation was strong. would recommend for a fit person.