We are looking for a well-rounded front-end engineer with a great eye for design that has experience building web applications in HTML5/CSS3, jQuery and responsive design. You’ll lead the effort at Ascendify to build a visually attractive and highly usable enterprise application. You’ll be the lead front-end engineer and if your skills and experience are at the level we’d expect, we anticipate building the front-end engineering and UX/UI design team around you.
What you’ll do:
- Build an awesome enterprise social recruiting application for the HR industry
- Own the user-experience design and front-end code for the entire application
- Build a world-class application in a responsive way (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Be the technical expert for the front-end (presentation layer) to the engineering team
- Write high-performance, reusable, modular code along with automated unit tests
- Produce CSS3 styled, graphically rich, re-usable components
- Collaborate with product designers to ensure user interactions are well-designed
- Builds standards and practices for the application (style-sheets and reusable objects)
- Collaborate closely with rest of engineering and QA team throughout the agile lifecycle
- Test and fix bugs across multiple browsers (including IE)
- Identify and resolve performance issues to optimize for speed
What we’d expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Graphic Design (or equivalent experience)
- Basic experience with an object-oriented language (preferably PHP) and database (preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Understands what it takes to produce a great user experience (UX/UI)
- Experience building responsive design applications (preferably Bootstrap)
- Has a natural talent for great design (layout, spacing, typography and color)
- Extremely passionate about your work, constantly striving to be your best
- A Github or Dribble account with interesting work to show off
- Previous start-up experience a plus
More about us:
Ascendify is leading innovation in the human resources industry and is radically changing the way that companies connect with top talent. We’re a small, world-class agile team and we’ll expect you to be at top of your game. We’re well-funded and for the right person, we will share founding team member level equity. We offer a competitive benefits package, a great office, and all the latest tools you need to produce your best work.
Ascendify is located at 340 Pine Street @ Battery, right in the heart of the financial district, just steps away from the BART/Muni stations and everything the financial district has to offer.
To apply, send your resume or link to your LinkedIn profile attention Matt Hendrickson, Founder & CEO.