Ascendo Resources Employee Reviews

Fun Environment
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2017
My experience at Ascendo was a pleasant one. The style of management is relaxed but with high expectations of producing. The company culture is fantastic as everyone tends to get along and push for each other to succeed. Due to the agency style business, there are high expectations to continuously meet your numbers. If you're a hard worker this is a good place for you!
Pros
relaxed management, fun culture
Cons
hard numbers to meet
Great company
Multiple hats (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2017
I'm very happy with working with Asendo especially with my recruiter Orlando Perez he has help me out a lot especially when it comes to getting temporary jobs i'm grateful that theirs people like Orlando Perez here to help out people with no jobs get jobs fast
Pros
Different opportunities
Cons
Would like more permanent positions
Amazing work environment.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2017
Loved working here. Family like environment. Easy to succeed in this company with management that teaches you and cares about you. Administrative team goes above and beyond.
Great work/life balance and leadership
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
I enjoy working with management and the dynamics of the office. Hardest part of the job is how quickly things change and adapting. Most enjoyable part is every day is different.
Experience
Post-Closing/Quality Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2017
This is a great company to work.Upon my initial meeting with my Sr. Recruiter, I received the utmost professional guidance & advice. I would recommend
Pros
Professional company
Cons
More mortgage lending opportunities
Commission only role
Executive Recruiter/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2017
Great Company- Prefer not work on Commission Structure - Great environment but a lot of turnover- Makes it hard to be in a business development role with the turnover
Uplifting with a postive outlook for minorities and women
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2017
These are the best guys to work for, in terms of seeking ageny work that will lead to long lasting employment, They are always available for your needs, day or night. They also work very hard to ensure that the assignment that you receive will be a great fit for you along with constructive criticism that will help you grow. They research all the companies and get feedback from the people that have already placed into positions. The office is in a busy, prime location on the Southside so it is accessible by public transportation and so is the assignment(s) that they give to individuals. The are always empowering and uplifting to their employees. They also offer benefits and PTO after you meet the qualifications. There is never a problem that's too big or small, too personal, for them to tackle with you. They are always on your side and praying for you.
Pros
Open to your personal needs
Cons
Very busy guys
good
KYC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
They are fast and help you get the job you desire. They are with you looking for the job, giving support and follow up to make sure you are doing fine at the job.
Uh, no.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleApril 5, 2017
Not a place I'd recommend to work at. Sure, they promise a lot, but they don't deliver, and I'm shocked at how poor customer service is taken at this organization.
Horrible place to work for
Logistics Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Windermere, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I was placed in one of the staffing agencies clients; Fresh Express, and was not offered any type of formal training, managers at clients location were away from the office most of time, my direct recruiter was also non-responsive and not helpful. Now work/ life balance, you are a working bull, work, eat, sleep, redo, and get paid.

I learned to never trust managers, hardest part was to wake up in the morning knowing I have to go to through that experience again.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
worst company I had to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2017
you need to do full desk to survive .. when I mean survive not even in the commish side.

no HR department
It department a outside vendor
tools for work was expensed

draw system is a joke you have to close everyweek to get comish and pray that there is not a fallout
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
managing directors a joke besides the managing partners who are smart and professional individuals.
High End, Sophisticated Cosulting & Placement Firm
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Sophisticated, upscale, progressive Inc. 500/5000 fastest growing staffing and consulting company.

South Florida Business Journal ranks Ascendo Resources as a finalist for a "Top Place to Work."

Work hard / play hard mentality, fun place to work, fast paced environment, strong training and development program. Those that stick with the program and execute the training and template are making a lot of money. Family first environment. High ethics and integrity. Ascendo is very charitable and does monthly events with Feeding America / Feeding South Florida.
Pros
Competetive Pay, bonus structure
Cons
Competitive industry, intense organization.
Great place to grow!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Awesome company! Great team environment! I have gained a wealth of knowledge as a professional recruiter. My previous manager ensure that I has the tools and resources to succeed!
Great People
Executive I.T. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Great people but a really tough place to work. Alot of deadlines and they apply pressure to meet your numbers like no other Beware if you dont like to be micro managed
Productive and Fun place.
Executive I.T. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 8, 2016
high energy. Work hard play hard environment that can be very rewarding if work is done correctly. Must make a lot of calls and network with other industry workers.
Pros
birthday cake, happy hour
Cons
micro managing
Bad experience
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 21, 2016
I went to an interview with them, had problem with the test they send you to take. I called the recruiter and email her several times and didnt even get an answer from her. She didnt even replied. They play with your time. Not worth it.
Horrible Company
looking for work (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 14, 2016
The recruiter who was "helping me" to find a job go for a vacation for a month so other recruiter from the same company they can't send me to interview because I was in the system "working with him" when he came back from his vacation I ask to please remove my resume from him, he apologized and told me he will be work with me. I give a second chance because I need to find a job. I still wating for his call. Very unprofessional people. Please dont go with this people you will lost your time!!
Horrible liars
recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
Don't work with them--they take huge mark-ups at the sake of the candidate. Lies, lies, lies. Massive, massive turnover. Horrible management. Caligula incarnate. Foul mouthed managers who sexting each other is par for the course.

Avoid. Gross people. Dishonest.
Pros
no longer being there
Cons
all of the above.
My experience as a Recruiter for Ascendo Resources
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 1, 2016
Waste of my time. I sacrificed more money for the "promise" of uncapped commissions. When in reality I was fooled (my own fault). It's a company that promises the world, but can't deliver.

Best advice is to be a personal recruiter for an already successful person there. If you can't do that then you won't make any money.

Certain people play favorites, and it's very obvious when you see commission statements. For example the CEO/founder has a recruiter that only works his jobs, that recruiter is making 6 figures (yes they do work hard) but they are also handed jobs where their candidates will get preferential treatment.

So 2 people doing the same amount of work can make 2 significantly different commissions. The regular guy is forced to claw and scratch for every penny, while the other person is almost guaranteed to rake in the big bucks.

Insurance is atrocious, overpriced and not that great of coverage. And if you have a family, expect to make $500/week or $1000 every 2 weeks.

Draw/commission, so unless you are making placements consistently don't expect to rewarded for your work.

If they like you they will throw you a bone here and there, otherwise expect to be scrutinized and forced out (which in the long run will be the best thing for you)
Pros
flexible scheduling, ability to make your own apoinments
Cons
compensation is borderline laughable
Great Firm
Wells Fargo - Contractor/Ops Risk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2016
Ascendo Resources is a great firm to work with. They moved fast once I got signed up with them and i got an interview and hired soon after

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascendo Resources. Our community is ready to answer.