Ascension Health Employee Reviews

Mission focused
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
Focused on high quality care, better patient and provider experiences at a lower cost of care.

Most challenging part of job is 24-hour shifts during cutover weekends.
Great Company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2017
This is a great company. Great benefits. Friendly workers and supervisors. Time off on the weekends. Growing company that helps out people who are underprivileged.
Pros
Great working environment
Micromanagement
HR-Benefits Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
Management is not required to be experienced with the work/workers they manage. Work demands are HIGH but no help due to inexperienced management team
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Inexperienced Management
Normal work day
FMLA Specialist - Contract (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2017
I was in fmla specialist, just to see if my st. Vincent employers can started receiving there family medical benefits. It was in pretty cool job. My company was bought out by in bigger company in a lot of people was laid off.. If your looking for in good company to work for ascension is the place. The people is very nice..
Pros
People
Ascension Health - Beware!!!
Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2017
Considering working for them? Don't! Everyone hates working for them including me! Particularly here in Austin, Texas! Ascension is a greedy company that tends to suck the life out of you at work and does not reward their employees. Dysfunctional, policy nonstop reinvention and a lack of stability. They don't care about their employees nor do they care about their patients. All they want is what they can suck out of you!!!! Nurses are quitting left and right and when you talk to other medical staffing from other companies, they'll tell you, that Ascension has a nasty reputation!
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Salary, benefits, work life balance, management
The office I'm at is professional, patient centered, with a calming environment.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIApril 5, 2017
I love coming to a place where the staff works together in ensuring that each patient receives quality personalized care. The physicians do there best to make sure each patient understands and feels comfortable with the care they receive. Overall this company is organized and follow the protocols they have established so that their offices operate smooth and efficiently.
Pros
I like having a hour lunch.
Cons
I think the healthcare deductibles/Premiums are to expensive.
Most of the associates are really team players there who care about others.
Pharmacy Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this particular hospital, which shows in the length of time I devoted to them. I knew my job well and loved my shift...midnights 7on/7 off. I went through stage 3 breast cancer in 2009-2010 and managed to work full time all through my treatment. My colleagues there were AMAZING and I couldn't have done it w/o the 7 on 7/ off shift.
Pros
Extra pay for working the holidays
Cons
The pneumatic tube system constantly went down.
Great benefits, good salary
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2017
Very nice place to work. Has been a great opportunity to establish a career. Good management, very knowledgeable teams, above average salary, and excellent experience.
Cons
About 90% travel
Sr. Data Management Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2017
It is a great place to work but with no strong ethics on management.
Ascension being one of the largest faith based healthcare firm in the nation, it gives a unique perspective to working at company of this size.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Travel on holidays
This place is great if you don't like getting paid.
Instructor for staff (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2017
It was very difficult to work here. The accounting department here is horrible. It would often take several weeks to get paid. There were day to day changes and no communication.
Great Benefits
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 10, 2017
Great Benefits, good luck trying to get day off though, almost impossible so those great benefits you won't be able to use!
Room for advancement but overall for being a Catholic Health Care service would like to see more caring for employees.
great learning environment
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2017
staff are able to get great experience caring for a multitude of complex patients and planning for safe discharge
managers are receptive to continuing education and developing staff
Difficult corporate culture
Sr. HR Shared Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2017
The corporate culture doesn't live out their mission, and it was difficult to understand what they based promotions on other than if they were personally liked by the Leadership.
Great place to work with progressive management
CIO/Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Loved working at Ascension while I was there. Very progressive management who strive for operational excellence and achieve it. My only regret was not being able to continue working there due to a hospital sale.
successful project
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 14, 2017
• Consultant/Project manager for implementation of MERGE PACS system for multi-hospital enterprise
• Coordinated HL7 interface development, modality and device testing, and disaster recovery plan
• Coordinated integrated system testing and user acceptance testing
• Coordinated training program for physicians and radiology technicians
Great internship
Treasury Management Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2017
I had a treasury management internship at Ascension Health. Everyone there was very kind and helpful. I learned so much valuable information at my internship and would recommend working there to anyone.
Very unhappy with their communication, customer service, and benefit options
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 13, 2017
I have been with the my employer for over 8 years and have never had any problems or concerns until Ascension took over. Myself along with several other employees were miss informed in regards to health insurance options. You cannot call and physically talk to someone. Been calling everyday for two weeks to have a problem solved and cannot get anyone to call me back with a solution.

Completely unprofessional.
Cons
Health insurance, and customer service
Nice Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 8, 2017
Nice company to work for. Good compensation and benfit package offered. Large company that has good communication with its employees around the country.
Great Company
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2017
I love everything about Ascension. They have taught me so much about the healthcare side of Talent Acquisition. I love the culture and its patient centered care.
Know what you're getting into at the beginning...
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2017
Given what I know now, I still would have accepted the job offer, I would have left six months sooner though. The Shared service center is full of great people but hobbled by executives who would rather hire externally than expend effort to develop salaried staff.
Pros
Open Office, Strong Health Benefits, Good People
Cons
No visible succession planning or effort at career development for exempt employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8