Ascension Health Employee Reviews in United States

Low wages- no security or mobility
assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2015
I could not continue employment with this corporation because they refused to pay employees a living wage and offered NO job security or mobility Benefits originally offered to buffer low wage were subject within 1 year to significant negative changes. I can't believe it would be considered cost effective to have such a huge turn over vs paying a living wage to retain qualified employees. Baffling???!!!
Cons
non- living wage not commensurate with job description, no job security or mobility, non pertinent corporate involvement, increased duties with no wage increases
Challenging Workplace
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
The employees are great to work with. Very knowledgeable and sincere. Management was always changing making the work environment a little more challenging. Workloads were extremely heavy due to high turnover rates. The position itself was not too hard but other factors made it appear to be a little more challenging.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Vacation time, high turnover rate
Heavy on quality metrics and not enough focus on relationships within organization
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2015
Heavy workloads and heavy focus on quality metrics. You have to track your work everyday. Promotions appear to be based on relationships with managers and not necessarily work performance. Supervisor is flexible, but work load is still too high. Not enough time to build relationship with managers that we recruit for. Too many steps for each process.
Pros
Free fountain drinks, coffee, and option to work from home
Cons
Heavy workloads, inadequate PTO, politics, work life balance
Was a good place to work overall.
Manager IT Audit (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 28, 2015
Was a good place to work overall for the first few years. Then IT Audit management changed and made impossible demands (just after I left, this director was fired). My workmates were very friendly.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
The worst
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day at Ascension is full of gossip, ignorance, disorganization, confusion, poor leadership and unprofessionalism. I hate this job but I need the money!!! It's very fly by night. You are overworked and underpaid. The process and procedures are extremely complex, ineffective and inefficient. The Reps are expected to have stellar performance however everything else is mediocre at best. If you voice a concern you are railroaded into some bull. You are offered on salary during the interview process and paid something else when offered the position. During orientation they make it sound like a great place to work but run if you are offered a position. Compensation is not work the headache. Managers dont care about the associates.
Pros
Free Drinks and benefits
Cons
Everything else sucks
Professional workplace with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
With extensive Excel use and querying capabilities out of PeopleSoft, the Oracle-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, analysts measure the actual performance of health ministries to budget on a monthly basis. Analysts also compile data for presentations, build user-friendly spreadsheets for the System Office and local health ministries, and often facilitate presentations to executive leadership.
Pros
great benefits, creativity is encouraged, strong career building opportunities, friendly associates
Cons
high demands with limited system capabilities, mba valued over experience
Very Stress with minimum growth potential
Leave Of Absence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
Not going to bash the place because it provided me my means of living, but it is not a place I would retire from!!! There is a lot to be said but my dislikes my be someone else's pleasure. If nothing else you can say " At least I have a job" with Ascension.
Pros
Get to work from home
Cons
micro managing, low pay, bad management, no growth potential, no constant working process, no accountability with upper management.
Productive and fun working environment; respect was a core value of the organization.
Business Analyst, Information Systems Department (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2016
Would still be working there but my position was eliminated due to consolidation of services with parent company, Ascension Health Information Services in St. Louis, MO. Enjoyed relationships with co-workers and challenging work experiences. Left with lucrative severance package.
Pros
Corporate respect for all employees.
Great place to Work
Senior Conversion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2016
This was my first contract position and I learned a lot. The PeopleSoft implementation project team was very well organized, and the project went well, with all systems going live on the go live date as expected without any delays.
I enjoy helping others
Physician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 19, 2015
20 years ago this was the place to be, now its like a place that everyone is trying to leave. I along with alot of others used to love working here, but as they put more nurses in charge of things that they shouldn't be in charge of(like in management positions) this is not the place happy place it used to be everyone I know is looking at leaving from my physician colleagues, all the way down to the PCA's. It is sad that the employees do not seem to matter anymore, and only the almighty dollar matters, and that people put in charge do not listen to reason or pay attention to reality. I enjoy the people I work with, and the patients, I just wish the management would retire or go back to nursing as they should be. It
Pros
Patients and Coworkers
Cons
Poor Management

Want to know more about Ascension Health?

Ask a question
Open office concept is great.
Leave Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2016
Wonderful boss who does not micro manage and allows me to make decisions for my team. Flex time makes it easier to schedule appointments during the week.
Pros
Free beverages.
Cons
Heavy traffic getting to work.
Working with a good staff
PCT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2016
When I worked in the ER at St. Vincents East I really in enjoyed my job. The staff was great and the doctors were the best. I worked third shift and then transfered to first shift and loved them both equally.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
exhaustin
Great Organization
Project Manager\Technical Lead\ (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 29, 2016
Great Organization, the only reason I'm still not working there is because out hospitals were sold off. I will miss Ascension Health.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2015
The first time working with the Accounts Payable I learned very quickly enjoyed it. Large work department out sourcing business department by 13 or more catholic Hospitals.The hardest part of the job was distinguished the various ways of paying the different invoices and updating changes to process them which I adapted to very quickly. The Most enjoyable is plenty of work made time pass by quickly.
Excellent place to work
Senior Clinical Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 3, 2016
Ascension is a wonderful company. Many great people and great opportunities for associates. I have worked for this company for many years and have enjoyed my time.
High Quality Health Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2016
I would recommend working at Via Christi or being a patient there. They strive to stay updated and deliver a high quality of patient care.
High morals and values company working toward providing customers and patients a great experience at a affordable price.
National Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 13, 2012
A typical day at work includes running reports to ensure that projects are on track and directors have the latest information about their projects in their region. It also included ensuring employees access to project management application.

I've learned how to create detail reports using Crystal Report and communicating my findings to associates and directors.

Management was nice and willing to help everyone but was always in competition with other managers.

The hardest part of the job was on-boarding associates to new procedures and practices.

The most enjoyable par the the job is working with people across the United States.
Pros
work life balance and benifits
Cons
unorganized
Excellent company to work for that puts its employees first and makes them an integral part of a healthcare team.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2015
As an employee of St. Joseph medical Center I am pleased with all aspects of my job including hours, shifts, co-workers, and management. I enjoy working for a company that is focused on patient care and satisfaction.
AD Migration PM
Project Manager - Active Directory Migration (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2015
Performed AD migration projects for Ascension Health.
The Company culture was good, upper level support was good on the project.
The Program manager was excellent.
Pros
Th ePMs had latitude to manage the project according to PMI methods with earned value.
Cons
The position was as a contractor no permanent positons available
Terrible Experience, Benefits good
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 24, 2014
Culture was terrible. If you are going for a job here, make sure you get a morning shift, The afternoon shift is absolutely awful, gossip, and just not a professional environment. If you're looking for a career, this is not the spot, however, if you're looking great benefits, this is the place to be. However, you will need help paying the bills unless your married.