Ascension Health Employee Reviews

Fun to work with the elderly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MINovember 20, 2014
Working as a Nursing Assistant consist of many duties with the most important one being the exceptional care that shall be maintained while working with patients. I worked for this same company for 12 years and I must admit that it is a great company to work for. I am looking for advancement in the health field so I am concluding my journey with this entity but I would definitely recommend this job to someone else.
supportive team
Staff Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  1150 Varnum St Washington D.CNovember 10, 2014
Good working environment, supportive staff .As a catholic Hospital, you have a strong sense of respect and caring.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
scheduling of patients
RUN AWAY unless willing to dig in and and help change the culture.
Associate (Current Employee) –  MSC, IndianapolisNovember 2, 2014
Could be a good place to work. Work is very interesting and keeps you busy all day. Manager is very immature. There are "Bullies" and "clicks" Some areas seem to be better managed and more "team oriented". Lack of actual communitaction within department.
Pros
open enviornment, nice offices
Cons
not a team enviornment, lack of mature manager, lack of communication
Growing office, expanding services and challenging projects.
Supervisor, HR Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Start-up environment with a few growing pains. Open work environment and collaborative environment.
Pros
flexible hours, work at home option.
Cons
start-up environment with a few growing pains
productive place
St Agnes Physician Billing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
a typical day, would be to work rejection, and denials, work high dollar accounts, aged accounts, return messages and file appeals. mail all paper claims
Terrible Experience, Benefits good
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 24, 2014
Culture was terrible. If you are going for a job here, make sure you get a morning shift, The afternoon shift is absolutely awful, gossip, and just not a professional environment. If you're looking for a career, this is not the spot, however, if you're looking great benefits, this is the place to be. However, you will need help paying the bills unless your married.
Requires 24 hour availabilty
Clinical Informatics Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Requires 24 hour availabilty. Multiple sites. Regional responsibilities.
AH Consultant
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working for AH. As with any healthcare organization, their focus is primarily on positive patient outcomes. AH invests well in technology, employees and resources.
Not a fun place to work
choose to withhold (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
The entire organization is lacking worklife balance, and senior leadership is completely disconnected from the employee base.
To much metric to concerned with numbers and not actual job
Exception processor (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisAugust 17, 2014
All they care about is metrics they are so concerned with metrics that they are not concerned with the actual job. You waste time tracking each piece you process. Too much micro managing.
Pros
free soda
Cons
metrics micro management
Great Opportunity
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 13, 2014
I love working with the clients and my coworkers were amazing. Not a lot of cultural diversity in the workplace AT ALL. Management sweeps issues under the rug.
Basic Help Desk
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 26, 2014
It was ok for my first help desk position. I was informed by others that it was bad compared to other places.
Ascension
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisJune 5, 2014
I work in an open environment. My co-workers and I work in the shared service industry serving hospitals nation wide.
Ascension is a great plance to work.
QUEST Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMay 7, 2014
The Associates at Ascension are very special people and great to work with. I have enjoyed and learned in my time at Ascension
Excellent Culture
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2014
The best parts of Ascension are the people and the culture. People genuinely care about you. The office is set up with an open concept and there are coffee machines every where. There is also a soda fountain.
My review
User Provisioning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 18, 2014
I have worked at Ascension Health/CSC for almost 8 years. A typical day at work includes customer service and trouble tickets. I have gained extensive knowledge of Active Directory. The most enjoyable part of my job would be some of the customers I take care of.
Productive company with great benefits
Executive Assistant to the Sr. Vice President (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriFebruary 11, 2014
I usually have a busy fast-paced day with a lot of interruptions. This company is very high-tech so I’ve learned a lot about Telepresence and video conferences. The hardest part of the job is the amount of overtime required. I enjoy the associates I work with most of all.
I like my job the Doctor and. Nursing ,management was happy with my work
Materials. Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,indianaFebruary 4, 2014
I worked at Stvincent hospital for25year lay-off but tole me I was doing a good job and there were people there and did'nt. do everything and still working my job was. Materials. Handler.
ok
a job (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2014
Potential for growth is limited. Leadership is reactionary and lacks vision.
Many interesting projects to be involved with.
Solutions Development Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYDecember 31, 2013
I work in a smaller hospital setting for a faith based organization which allows me the opportunity to be involved in both hospital based projects and national projects. The most challenging part of this position is assisting the user community with accepting change. The typical work day runs 9 to 10 working hours and involves multiple meetings, project work, and heavy support duties. The variety of different daily tasks can be very challenging but it certainly does lend itself to never being boring.

2.7