Ascensus

Ascensus Employee Reviews

Great place to work and Friendly Management.
Marketing and Communications Intern (Current Employee), Dresher, PAApril 22, 2015
If there is one positive I could give the Ascensus Team, it would be that the associates and the leadership are very friendly and easy to work for.
n/a
Trade Associate (Current Employee), Dresher, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Ascensus is a good company, great work environment. I learned about 401 k products and trading platforms. I process mutual fund exchanges, model rebalances, and exemption processing request.
Great job culture
401K Installation Coordinator (Current Employee), Dresher, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: get work life balance, work from home days, opportunity to move around.
Cons: low wages, some managers have never perfumed the job of their employees.
Ascensus has an excellent job culture. Lots of employee appreciation activities. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Tired a few times to get hire here. Happy I have the experience of this company to add to my resume. Most departments give you the opportunity to work from home.
Wears down on employees over time. Minimal advancement and raises
Trade Associate (Former Employee), Dresher, PADecember 7, 2014
Pros: work remote 1 day a week
Cons: pay not on par with risk of work
Decent entry level company. Not a lot of opportunity for growth within the company. Middle management seems to be hand selected for their ability to appease leaderships and handle minute tasks. Work load is very high
good company/people but annoying aspects of position
Account Executive/Client Service (Former Employee), Dresher, PAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good people, solid managers
Cons: call center environment, bad pay, lacking good technology
company does things to accommodate and keep employees happy such as letting them out early before holidays and provides good amount of days off. Client service position is severely underpaid position and all time is spent on the phones (6 hours inbound and 2 hours off the phones). Other departments rely on Client Service team to do almost everything. The position in client service is entry level so although they make it seem like more when they talk to you. They stress career pathing but I have yet to have anything regarding this.
Ascensus is a good place to work
Director - Trading and Trust Services (Former Employee), Dresher, PASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: able to work from home one day per week
Ascensus has adopted the motto: People First, Quality Matters, Integrity Always and they truly live these values. My prior experience included but was not limited to trading and reconciliation mutual funds for 401K recordkeepers. At Ascensus I learned and was responsible additional functions including Sub TA payments, Account Set-up, Broker Dealers commissions and changes and the creation of numerous product fund lists. It was with the creation of product lists that I was the SME for implementing a new improved process for updating these lists via CRM. These lists are extremely critical in the support of Financial Advisors and Plan Sponsors. I truly enjoyed working on this project.
Massive Work Load
Account Executive (Current Employee), Dresher, PAAugust 3, 2013
Pros: there are some of the basic benefits.
Cons: unrealistic work-load, unprofessional behavior, not family friendly, micro management, extremely high turnover
Plan on doing the job of 2-3 people. The turnover is extremely high and management is clueless about why there is such a massive turnover. They don't care and pile more work on than any human can do in a day. Management is extremely out of touch and unresponsive. They are actually very cruel. You are not treated like a professional employee at all.

Some of the co-workers are friendly and helpful, but I don't know anyone at the company that is happy with their job and the stress.

The hardest part of the job is the unrealistic expectations and knowing that you can never be successful. The atmosphere is what a rat in cage must feel like.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the weekend when I don't have to be there.
Great Company to Work For
Programmer (Former Employee), Brainerd, MNMarch 14, 2013
Ascensus is a great company. They expect you to work hard, but are very understanding when you need time off for personal reasons. The management and employees are respectful to each other and there aren't any "egos" as it were.
client service, call center environment
Account Executive (Current Employee), Dresher, PAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: casual dress, jeans weeks
Cons: horrible pay
Client Service role is a typical call center environment.

Low pay, constantly dealing with client issues without much internal assistance, poor opportunities for advancement or raises.....
Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Dresher, PAJuly 18, 2012
• Resolved issues in a timely manner in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
• Managed and Maintained Ricoh, Cannon and HP printers and kept a stock of supplies for each device.
• Completed an average of 20 problem resolutions per day and an average of 100 problem resolutions per week.
• Worked with a team of professionals to start and complete projects within the IT desk.
• Completed work using remote tools, phone support and face to face interactions.
Productive succeful corporation to work for.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNJuly 11, 2012
Pros: stable career with advancement
Cons: compensation
A typical work day at Ascensus involves assisting clients with the day to day tasks of operating a 401(k) plan for their company. The company has offered so much to learn in regards to the retirement industry and allowed me great opportunities for advancement. The management is focused on what is best for their employees and the co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part about the job is working with some of the challenging clients, but always provides for a great learning experience. The most enjoyable is the relationships that you build with your clients.
Enjoyed working with clients from across the country
Senior Operations Representative (Former Employee), Brainerd, MNJune 2, 2012
I enjoyed all aspects of my day to day duties including inspecting 401(k) plan adoption agreements and documents ensuring compliance with IRS regulations.
Working with third-party payroll companies to set up accurate and automated data submission on behalf of the client.
Educating clients on 401(k) and payroll data submission processes with individualized training sessions throughout the conversion instillation.
Nice place to work, employees are very nice
Lawson Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 24, 2012
Pros: excellent vacation / pto benefits
Cons: healthcare is costly
I loved working with my team, we bond very well. My manager is great. A typical day is taking support calls, logging into the call trancking system, assist customer with training, reporting, testing, and troubleshooting of applications.
I love talking to my customers, they are very friendly and I have developed a good repor with them.
A place with great cultural values
Manager-New Business (Former Employee), Dresher, PAMay 24, 2012
Pros: pleasant atmosphere
Cons: technology and training
I love the job I do and Ascensus is a growing organization. I find that the organization is behind the times in technology. The training is scarce and document procedures are not what you typically find in other firms. Those things I struggled with. The people, my team, my job was great.

About Ascensus

Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States. We work hard every – Read more