Ascensus Employee Reviews

Ok for temporary gig.
Just another guy (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 15, 2017
This was okay for a temporary gig. Okay, because the people working there made it fun. The culture was a-okay. Compensation was okay too to get by. It was at the end of the three months that I noticed this was not going anywhere. The leadership became threatened by my work because my numbers -as a temp- were surpassing their veteran employees. Is too bad, I liked the guy at first, but after sabotaging my numbers several times- and my catching it- and seeing how much influence he had, I decided I would not prosper in this place.
Again, okay for a temporary gig- play dumb, dont upstage or outperform the leadership, take the money, the overtime, then run.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Weak leadership. No advancement
If you like being yelled at apply
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2017
This was by far one of the worst customer service jobs I have ever worked .
Constantly being told I was too "NICE" to the caller. They were all about the numbers of phone calls, hurry up and get the next call. Two women thought they ran the place, ZERO management appreciation of the job. Good luck as they dangle the carrot, to get hired on full time. As a temp you have nothing.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management. The staff ran the place not a manager.
ALOT of growing pains
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAMarch 13, 2017
Company is growing very fast. Mid-Level management seems to be operating on the old model and is not evolving. Much of management manages to the task and not the outcome.

Leadership team focused on daily tasks of employees. Department meetings consisted of management berating the team for insignificant issues and never provided any sort of recognition.

Firings were announced publicly to instill fear and compliance.
Pros
Certain positions were allowed to work remotely.
Cons
No recognition for good work. Poor internal systems. Micromanaged.
Job
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2017
The company is not appreciative of their employees. I wouldn't recommended anyone to work for this company. They don't appreciate the good workers they have.
Great people to work with
Retirement Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 11, 2017
Ascensus is a great work environment. people are very kind through out the day and the benefits are wonderful. I enjoy working here but sales has always been the focus and passion.
It was ok
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 25, 2017
The job was nice . the workers were a little stand offish and judgmental but not a problem. I didn't really see the option to grow within the company.
Great for recent college graduates
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJanuary 14, 2017
This company is a great place to start a career. New hires will learn a lot of transferrable skills within their first year. Also, the company offers a comprehensive training program and will assist with QKA certifications.
Tough to advance, politics are huge in management
Service (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNNovember 29, 2016
Ascensus' management fails to live up the 3 core values it embraces; People Matter, Quality First, Integrity Always. Due to the nature of my position, I go to work each day worried if a client is going to leave our services and if I will get blamed for it. Management is never available for assistance. They do not value true customer service, only when it is most required.
A pleasure to work with so many different cultures
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2016
It was encourage to learn different departments procedures and processing. The most enjoyable part of the job is multitasking from department to another.
A Company that has a open door policy
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNSeptember 28, 2016
I would come in everyday go through all the elite plans first and get them assigned out, then I would work on email boxes that I took care of. When I was first hired they started to train me on different things and then decided to put me on phones and take messages if people where waiting to long, I also took care of the work from home schedule and equipment. I also took care of our Client Service board, it recognized certain things customers said about employees. I also distributed Trust plan accounts. I Make new hire books as well as doing any needed projects for managers.
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
People rating you out, loosing my job and not even givin a warning
Team environment
Plan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNSeptember 20, 2016
I like the atmosphere at Ascensus. Team work and learning is encouraged. A positive attitude is evident in most employees. Management is easy to talk to and I feel like they listen.
Pros
Team environment. Positive attitudes, learning encouraged.
Cons
Distance from home, pay/benefits.
Disappointment
Expert Plan (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Found working for this company was great except that they chose to give employees that work hard for them and are consistently there for them a terrible rating. The management does not take into account that there personnel give there all for the company. They then chose to not help them but to fire them. A typical work was that it was pass the buck from one department to the other. But management there doesn't know what any of there employees do.
Pros
The People that you work with
Cons
Management doesn't care about there employees.
Poorly managed and planned
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNFebruary 25, 2016
The company is set in its ways with no idea how to proceed into the future. It uses old technologies that no one understand how to use anymore, due to a lack of cross-training.
Pros
Healthcare, job security, co-workers, Pto
Cons
Salaried 8-5, regardless if you work overtime.
Professional work
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 6, 2016
Axa Advisors was great job i learned many of my office skill working with this office. Everyday the advisors gave me a challenge to push myself to work beyond my limit something i appreciated as i master my office skills working up and pass my limitations.
Company is growing.
Account Executive- Participant Services (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJanuary 28, 2016
The employees are very nice and helpful. Great PTO for new employees. Most jobs are very demanding and take a few years to learn. If you like being busy this is the place for you. A lot of busy work and workarounds because the company saved money on there
software at the employees expense.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Upgrade your software to accomidate the workload.
Great PTO
Operations Associate II (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNDecember 28, 2015
I loved how well my direct supervisors treated us, but the VPs and above are out of touch and treat us more like cattle. With that being said 19 days of PTO starting out is fantastic.
Its a fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 6, 2015
Fun place to work with fun people to be around, if you're looking for a place to work, theyre not a bad place, It seems difficult to move onto higher positions, but overall not a bad place to work
People Matter
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 22, 2015
Part of the mission statement is that People Matter. Evident with the quality of employees hired and length of employment. Very employee friendly environment. Training excellent and readily available.
Close knit culture with fun activities for employees
Enterprise Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 11, 2015
Great place to work if you are doing a job that you love in a permanent position. Lots of activities for the employees as well.
Good place to work, and good people to work with
Supervisor Transition Services (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 15, 2015
I enjoy working at Ascensus, and with the people that work there. The amount of work with limited resources has made it a very challenging job, and not a lot of time outside of work. It has taught me valuable skill sets, such as the importance of time management and being proactive. I have also had to de-escalate many clients due to product limitations or poor communication from one of my employees. This has helped me build my problem solving skill set as well as provided me coaching opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been the hiring of great people and watching them learn and grow. Along with the people that make up Ascensus, the growth of my employees has been the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Opportunities to grow within the company
Cons
Workload and home life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascensus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8