Ascensus Employee Reviews

Disappointment
Expert Plan (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Found working for this company was great except that they chose to give employees that work hard for them and are consistently there for them a terrible rating. The management does not take into account that there personnel give there all for the company. They then chose to not help them but to fire them. A typical work was that it was pass the buck from one department to the other. But management there doesn't know what any of there employees do.
Pros
The People that you work with
Cons
Management doesn't care about there employees.
Poorly managed and planned
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNFebruary 25, 2016
The company is set in its ways with no idea how to proceed into the future. It uses old technologies that no one understand how to use anymore, due to a lack of cross-training.
Pros
Healthcare, job security, co-workers, PTO
Cons
Salaried 8-5, regardless if you work overtime.
Productive succeful corporation to work for.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 11, 2012
A typical work day at Ascensus involves assisting clients with the day to day tasks of operating a 401(k) plan for their company. The company has offered so much to learn in regards to the retirement industry and allowed me great opportunities for advancement. The management is focused on what is best for their employees and the co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part about the job is working with some of the challenging clients, but always provides for a great learning experience. The most enjoyable is the relationships that you build with your clients.
Pros
stable career with advancement
Cons
compensation
Massive Work Load
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAAugust 3, 2013
Plan on doing the job of 2-3 people. The turnover is extremely high and management is clueless about why there is such a massive turnover. They don't care and pile more work on than any human can do in a day. Management is extremely out of touch and unresponsive. They are actually very cruel. You are not treated like a professional employee at all.

Some of the co-workers are friendly and helpful, but I don't know anyone at the company that is happy with their job and the stress.

The hardest part of the job is the unrealistic expectations and knowing that you can never be successful. The atmosphere is what a rat in cage must feel like.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the weekend when I don't have to be there.
Pros
there are some of the basic benefits.
Cons
unrealistic work-load, unprofessional behavior, not family friendly, micro management, extremely high turnover
Ascensus is a good place to work
Director - Trading and Trust Services (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PASeptember 25, 2013
Ascensus has adopted the motto: People First, Quality Matters, Integrity Always and they truly live these values. My prior experience included but was not limited to trading and reconciliation mutual funds for 401K recordkeepers. At Ascensus I learned and was responsible additional functions including Sub TA payments, Account Set-up, Broker Dealers commissions and changes and the creation of numerous product fund lists. It was with the creation of product lists that I was the SME for implementing a new improved process for updating these lists via CRM. These lists are extremely critical in the support of Financial Advisors and Plan Sponsors. I truly enjoyed working on this project.
Pros
able to work from home one day per week
Company is growing.
Account Executive- Participant Services (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJanuary 28, 2016
The employees are very nice and helpful. Great PTO for new employees. Most jobs are very demanding and take a few years to learn. If you like being busy this is the place for you. A lot of busy work and workarounds because the company saved money on there
software at the employees expense.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Upgrade your software to accomidate the workload.
Professional work
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 6, 2016
Axa Advisors was great job i learned many of my office skill working with this office. Everyday the advisors gave me a challenge to push myself to work beyond my limit something i appreciated as i master my office skills working up and pass my limitations.
Nice place to work, employees are very nice
Lawson Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2012
I loved working with my team, we bond very well. My manager is great. A typical day is taking support calls, logging into the call trancking system, assist customer with training, reporting, testing, and troubleshooting of applications.
I love talking to my customers, they are very friendly and I have developed a good repor with them.
Pros
excellent vacation / pto benefits
Cons
healthcare is costly
client service, call center environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAOctober 10, 2012
Client Service role is a typical call center environment.

Low pay, constantly dealing with client issues without much internal assistance, poor opportunities for advancement or raises.....
Pros
casual dress, jeans weeks
Cons
horrible pay
Good place to work, and good people to work with
Supervisor Transition Services (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 15, 2015
I enjoy working at Ascensus, and with the people that work there. The amount of work with limited resources has made it a very challenging job, and not a lot of time outside of work. It has taught me valuable skill sets, such as the importance of time management and being proactive. I have also had to de-escalate many clients due to product limitations or poor communication from one of my employees. This has helped me build my problem solving skill set as well as provided me coaching opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been the hiring of great people and watching them learn and grow. Along with the people that make up Ascensus, the growth of my employees has been the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Opportunities to grow within the company
Cons
Workload and home life balance
Great PTO
Operations Associate II (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNDecember 28, 2015
I loved how well my direct supervisors treated us, but the VPs and above are out of touch and treat us more like cattle. With that being said 19 days of PTO starting out is fantastic.
Great job culture
401K Installation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Ascensus has an excellent job culture. Lots of employee appreciation activities. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Tired a few times to get hire here. Happy I have the experience of this company to add to my resume. Most departments give you the opportunity to work from home.
Pros
get work life balance, work from home days, opportunity to move around.
Cons
low wages, some managers have never perfumed the job of their employees.
Its a fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 6, 2015
Fun place to work with fun people to be around, if you're looking for a place to work, theyre not a bad place, It seems difficult to move onto higher positions, but overall not a bad place to work
good company/people but annoying aspects of position
Account Executive/Client Service (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 7, 2014
company does things to accommodate and keep employees happy such as letting them out early before holidays and provides good amount of days off. Client service position is severely underpaid position and all time is spent on the phones (6 hours inbound and 2 hours off the phones). Other departments rely on Client Service team to do almost everything. The position in client service is entry level so although they make it seem like more when they talk to you. They stress career pathing but I have yet to have anything regarding this.
Pros
good people, solid managers
Cons
call center environment, bad pay, lacking good technology
Great company with a great culture.
Client Service (Current Employee) –  dresher, paMay 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Management really cares about the well being of the employees and are committed to providing outstanding service to their clients.
Pros
employee focused.
Cons
below average pay.
People Matter
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 22, 2015
Part of the mission statement is that People Matter. Evident with the quality of employees hired and length of employment. Very employee friendly environment. Training excellent and readily available.
Great Company to Work For
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMarch 14, 2013
Ascensus is a great company. They expect you to work hard, but are very understanding when you need time off for personal reasons. The management and employees are respectful to each other and there aren't any "egos" as it were.
Close knit culture with fun activities for employees
Enterprise Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 11, 2015
Great place to work if you are doing a job that you love in a permanent position. Lots of activities for the employees as well.
Wears down on employees over time. Minimal advancement and raises
Trade Associate (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PADecember 7, 2014
Decent entry level company. Not a lot of opportunity for growth within the company. Middle management seems to be hand selected for their ability to appease leaderships and handle minute tasks. Work load is very high
Pros
work remote 1 day a week
Cons
pay not on par with risk of work
Great place to work and Friendly Management.
Marketing and Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAApril 22, 2015
If there is one positive I could give the Ascensus Team, it would be that the associates and the leadership are very friendly and easy to work for.

2.8