ASCENT Employee Reviews

Productive good place to work
Company man (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 15, 2016
Day to day work was good usually something different every day. People I work with was good to work with. I liked the challenges from day to day.
The Ascent is a warm, family-oriented environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 27, 2016
The Ascent is place that allows you to build your skills with a community that feels like your family. Everyone encourages you to do your best and have fun. All the Employees are eager and ready to work, and the owner does nothing short of making sure his business is more than a business. I love seeing familiar faces, as well as welcoming new people into the world of climbing. Ensuring everyone's safety was the utmost important part of the job, but having a friendly motivated staff made that easy.
Great People to have as Recruiters
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2016
The staff is extremely nice and helpful from top to bottom. Every single person I communicated with was incredibly attentive. They try to ensure you're prepared prior to a job interview and may give you some pointers. Once you have a job, they frequently call back to see how you are doing.

I was with them for a temporary assignment and they were fantastic then. Would use again if I wanted another temp job. I was only with them as a temporary employee/contractor and you know how most contractors feel when it comes to job security and compensation.
Pros
Great employees and fantastic communication
Cons
Contract Work
Fun Summer Events Outdoors
Program Lead/Human Capital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Ascent engages its employees by creating events that take the employee out of the office (i.e. annual Kick Off at different locations, summer lunch series or drinks in the park).
what you learn
Early Childhood Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2015
Their room for improvement but this company needs to learn how to be fair and treat everyone with equal opportunity. I don't belive in switiching job every year I;m looking for a career and a place that I can retire from.
Unpredictable delinquent behaviors
RN Adolescent Criminal Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Naples, IDJuly 21, 2015
This was a rough place to work in a wilderness environment. A typical day involved medication delivery, health assessment, communication discernment, behavior modification. I learned how throwing money at kids instead of effective parenting can really mess a kid up. While it was tragic, it was also scary. Having out of control behavior for most of their lives, these kids were dangerous, not only to themselves, but to staff as well. The on-site staff were remarkable people who are the unsung hero's of adolescent criminals.
Pros
Unusual nursing and environmental experience
Cons
Inherently dangerous
I enjoyed working with my collegues.
Corporate Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 16, 2015
It was a good company, having growing pains, going through transitions. The entire staff was helpful, hours were great, and benefits were good.
productive
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 24, 2014
A typical work day is going into work and I start the kids off with fine motor skills. Then we work on art projects. After art we go outside to play. I have learned that not all kids are alike they all have different personalities and are very unique. I have a lot of co- worker they are friendly and we all get along. The hardest part about the job is billing for the students. The enjoyable part is my kids you fall in love with all of them.
Pros
learning about kids
There Great!!!
Technical Support Supervisor/Refunds Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 28, 2014
Great staffing company to work for. Of the best agencies I have used in my professional career.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Contracted work
Baby sitting- Under the pretence of treatment
Mental Health Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, AROctober 7, 2012
The first thing I smell is either bad plumbing, the paper mill, or old diapers. Then I hear babies crying. I see parents bringing their children in with their night clothes on ( the parents). Children under 3 are being diagnosed with Disruptive Disorder.
This is a for profit organization;therefore, holistic treatment it not on their radar.
There is a very low moral on this job because there are no windows in this building, no room for growth, no incentives, praises.
The hardest part of the job is working in a very small office where I share one computer with two other workers. This office is located within a much larger office with only one person and two computers are. Also, working with aggressive staff who has not been trained properly to deal with children with disabilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have my sessions with my children.
Pros
pay -on time
Cons
30 min breaks, no windows, aggressive staff
Eventful and educational
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UtJanuary 11, 2012
learning about management in a company by hands in managing two separate youth correction facilities. Working with Therapists, Case Workers, Teachers and Parents to develop treatment programs fro each client so they can return to the public and not live with their bad traits. Managing court documents, ordering clients medications, arrange and set schedules so clients can perform court ordered service hours, work account/books, report monthly data to owners and to the public board.
Pros
team building, watching trouble teens develop out of bad habits
Cons
no breaks as we worked with at risk teens