ASD Employee Reviews

Exciting Career Opportunity In Information Technology
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2016
There was never a dull moment working for ASD. Customers would put in a trouble ticket and within a few hours, they were taken care of and the ticket would be closed. There were a multitude of different projects that required attention on top of helping customers, so knowing how to balance the work load was key. I really enjoyed our team. If there was a major project needing to be done we always pulled together and accomplished the task in a timely manner. In my opinion, the hardest part of the job would've been upgrading all of our systems to Windows 7 because the image that I was using didn't write correctly on almost half of our HDD, which meant whipping the drive and starting over. It came close to getting these systems up and running by the deadline but got it done and felt very accomplished in the end. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around customers and making them happy. Knowing that they could count on someone if something went wrong was what made my day, that much better.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
No room to advance
Asd
SENIOR CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 15, 2015
ASD is a great company that promotes diversity in the workplace. Benefits are pretty good for a company of its size. I'd recommend the company to other people in the IT field.
Pros
Never had any complaints about them.
Cons
Nothing in particular.
Long days, low salary, constant driving but the experience is worth the cons
Clinician (Current Employee) –  ProvidenceFebruary 20, 2015
Love working with my co-workers and management but hate the long days, poor salary and driving to client's home. Enjoy working with clients and witnessing the progress they make while in services.
Pros
Staff, management, make your own scheduled.
Cons
long hours that doesn't reflect salary and driving to client's home
Fun place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2012
Answer high volume phone call in a call center take and process orders data entry
Customer Serive over the phone
Great group of people to work for and with
Good workers and good people to work with
Sitting for long periods of time
Taking orders over the phone and talking with people form all over the USA
Pros
working over the phone and being able to sit down
Cons
no benifits no raise
Caring and enjoyable environment
Registered Behavior Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 16, 2015
I watch and listen to all my co-workers for tips and guide to help with ASD kids. I always learn something different from each kids cause of the problems at hand. I prep a book every morning when I come in the door for the kid. Teaching and learning from the kid for my requirement hours of the day was fun. I never regret going to the internship.
Pros
Provider of learning
Cons
shortbreaks
Very professional and care about their employees.
Advanced Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 15, 2015
The Management Team is excellent, very professional and care about their employees, I am only leaving in order to find a part-time position utilizing my skills and experience.
Pretty cool place
Call Specialist (Current Employee) –  Media, PANovember 4, 2015
Lots of calls, ups and downs, reward reliabilty. I live close by so its convenient and there are some interesting people there.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Holiday mandatory work
Environmental Health & Safety Officer
Environmental Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 22, 2014
I manage the Department of Army Information Technology Agency's (ITA) Safety Program at the Pentagon to include 7 offsite locations in the National Capital Region (NCR). I conduct safety inspections, accident investigations, fire evacuation training, ergo assessments, safety training and indoor air quality testing.
Pros
I Stay Very Busy & I Get to Travel To All Sites
Cons
I'm A One Man Show For The Entire Agency
Progressive and enthusiastic school district, placing student needs first.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 28, 2014
A typical day at work was special education case management of children ages K-3 as an ASD teacher during hours between 8:00 to 4:30 p.m. In additions to serving children with ASD, I also case managed several children with DD, DCD, PI. Case Management included service delivery and collaboration with related service providers. I learned more skills with working with a cross-categorical model and gained skills with using technology to enhance student learning (i.e. I-Pad applications). Management was excellent with strong support from our principal, special education director, and student services director. My co-workers were very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise and possessed strong skill sets. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demands of paperwork and lesson planning with the number of students I served. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students make progress on their goals and objectives, and forming strong and positive relationships with families. The school has a great emphasis on putting students first and making every effort to meet their individual needs.
Pros
It was rewarding to see student progress and I worked with a great team who collaborated well.
Cons
I had short breaks at work and found it necessary to take work home most evenings and weekends.
Great
Project Manager/ Sr. Project Controller (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDMarch 12, 2012
Great company and people. The company is growing and presents opportunity for the loyal and patient.
Pros
family oriented.
Cons
growing slowly.
Asd
Computer board assembler (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 24, 2013
Compant was good to work for. Money not great. I has to get a better paying job.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
poor pay
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 17, 2014
Had a very good day working with the community, there was no complaints. We worked together as one, and got things do early for the next time or seasons. But the most enjoyable part of the job is I got to meet alto of faces/people.
Very organized and enviroment friendly
June 2012Advanced Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 24, 2012
i would have stayed but the contract ended. but overall it was a great experience.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sr. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington VirginiaSeptember 25, 2012
Productive and fun place to work. The mangement was very easy to reach and address the work load.
My review
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing School DistrictApril 24, 2014
I assisted the teacher with educating special needs students
Pros
students learning a new task
Cons
healthcare
jobs
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 21, 2013
had decent jobs. tried to us out to work regularly. people that was working at the office was nice
Pros
ok work
Cons
closed