ASDA DISTRIBUTION Employee Reviews

good place to temporary work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Dartford, ENGJuly 5, 2015
typical day: picking diferent product to stores
I learned driving electric track
the hardest part of the job: lifting heavy staff
Its a good place to work
LGV Driver (Current Employee), Grangemouth, SCTMay 17, 2015
Pros: Geat pension.company share save..Subsidised canteen
Cons: shift allowance, unsociable hours extra pay, bonus annually
Typical day at work.Get issued unit also paperwork for trailer,Do digi card,Then unit checks.Paper work for trailer load.Go hook up trailer.Do trailer check for roadworthiness.Go deliver load to store.
I have learned dry box work also fridge & skeletals.Manual lifting,Health & safety at work.Great co workers.There are no hard parts of the job.I get job satisfaction doing my job.I love driving trucks for a living
Okay place to work
Warehouse (Current Employee), South WestMarch 27, 2015
Enjoyed working here, it is okay but i think if you want more it is not the right place. I enjoyed the hours and flexibility
Security and progression
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Current Employee), Chepstow, WLSFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: colleagues and wages
Cons: not being able to progress my career.
Typical day is loading or picking but at he moment I am working in GOODS IN. Job security is good but job progression is on the slow side and they won't let anybody with outside qualifications use there training. I work with a good team from various backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is the tight deadlines and the most enjoyable is achieving those targets set.
easy job, not a good job
LGV1 Driver (Current Employee), falkirkJanuary 28, 2015
poor management, poor planners, lazy workers, hardest part of job is putting up with the above, easiest part of job is being out on the road away from the depot.
Hard Work, Good Salary
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Didcot, OxfordshireJanuary 28, 2015
Uncomplicated work with fairly hard to reach targets offering a very good rate of pay.
Colleagues are fun to work with
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Northampton, ENGJuly 30, 2014
Pros: christmas dinners and random barbeques
Colleagues are quite interactive and helpful during day-to-day tasks. Managers are approachable, and the company has a very flexible working pattern.

Some tasks are harder than others, but job rotation eases the pressure. Despatch and intake are particularly intensive, because the tasks have to be completed in time. Picking is also timed, and target rates have to be met.

I enjoy helping out when other colleagues need my help.
Quality professional
Distribution Officer (Current Employee), Northampton, ENGJuly 10, 2014
I take Quality field very seriously, which is why I have decided to choose this field for my career path. I have previously worked at different places such as; 3 – A commercial Ltd. ASDA Distribution, Blacks Plc Northampton, Sports Carriers Ltd., Allied Auto Parts Ltd., and Crestar International as a Quality professional. Where they found me fully professional at all times. I was responsible for quality related issues, which included monitoring, measuring, assessing and documentation. I understand the importance of good quality measures, which is why my approach is hands-on and serious at all times. – more... I have a keen eye, and I often notice things that others simply miss, and I feel this is crucial. I also communicate well when needed to make sure everybody understands their responsibilities, but at the same time I work well alone.

Being a Quality professional, I can offer some valuable qualities which are most important for a professional Quality Officer.
1. Positive attitude towards client and work
13. Attention to policies and procedures
14. Problem solving capacity – less
fun to work
Warehouse Operative (Redundancy) (Former Employee), wiganJune 28, 2014
Pros: games played and prizes won
Cons: made redundant
picking orders for asda, working in stock control, checking barcodes
very produtive and good team work place
Asda employee (Former Employee), Chepstow GwentMay 29, 2014
Pros: fast paced work
Cons: agency work
This was a very understanding place to work with not a lot of pressure if you keep your head down and do your job witch is how I and many of the other employees liked it.
fast paced
Agency Supervisor (Former Employee), lymedaleMarch 20, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: only temp
a very productive busy warehouse. i first started in the core then moved over to the dot com side after four week, were i was in charge of the agencey workers, also to pick orders and train up when needed
Developing from within
Warehouse Department Manager (Current Employee), Lutterworth, ENGJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great team and also great benefits. family orientated business
I have gained significant management skills and demonstrate these skills on a daily basis. I enjoy helping to develop others to achieve their goal. My current job is very involved and helps me have a more personal touch with my colleagues.
a forever changing company behind times
Transport Clerk (Former Employee), Lutterworth, ENGSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, pension, sick pay
Cons: restriction on allowed hours to work
use to be family minded,new wave management and ideas changed
to make a more stressful place to work staff could not cope with extra work loads the best years at asda were their earlier years before implementing changes for the worse.
Woking in a fast paced FFFC enviroment dealing with daily challenges and providing solutions to ensure service to our customer base
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Skelmersdale C.D.C. MerseysideApril 14, 2013
Pros: discount at all retail outlets, share option scheme
Cons: long hours
Dealing with average volumes of 200,000 cases daily. Operating a clear floor 24 hour Operation. Learning to deal with daily issues such as transfer of labour resourse,traffic delays,achieving set business plan, engaging and coaching Management Team to deliver results.
Motivating all colleagues engaging them to surpass targets and maintain standards in service and presentation to our customer.
Maintaining colleague buy in so as to deliver our expectations.
Finishing a shift fulfilling our objectives and setting a good base from which the next shift can continue to deliver excellent service.
not the best employer
warehouse teamleader (Current Employee), wiganApril 4, 2013
Pros: your fellow colleagues
Cons: the cold (chill & freezer distribution)
clock in and go onto shop floor, same unvaried thing every day (mundane) goods in receiving,gls, gds, driver complaints, supplier complaints.
learned mhe instruction.
managers are poor the company has forced the fight out of them,co-workers are good, the hardest pat of the job is going into work, once through the door you accept it for what it is,
the most enjoyable part of the job is the way all the other colleagues understand you because they feel the same way
Thriving Workplace, None Stop
Department Manager (Current Employee), Lutterworth LeicestershireMarch 23, 2013
Pros: bonus, share scheme.
Cons: long hours 80% admin 20% actual working on the floor
Although a great company to work for, the fixed shifts didnt suit.

Managing 60 colleagues on Performance, Absence and D&G on a daily basis.

Managing Goods In insuring are incomings are tipped checked and fed into the Warehouse.

The Managment team have had to be supportive of each other, We should of had 8 DMs but have only had 4 so support has been important.

The hardest part of the job has been getting the balance between my area and the Administrative side as effectively i have had 2 teams to look after.

The most enjoyable part has been seeing the change in culture of the colleagues during a huge structural change in the business and how they have come through it.
Challenging but rewarding
Departmental Manager (Former Employee), SkelmersdaleMarch 4, 2013
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: shift pattern on nights meant single days off which were tough to balance.
Being a Departmental Manager at Asda was a challenging role with colleagues performance being high on the agenda. This meant knowing your colleagues was important to get the best out of them. Processes were in place to deal with under performance and to see a colleague go from under performance to achieving after starting the process with them was highly rewarding.

I was trained and competent in all departments i.e. Goods In, Picking, Goods Out and Freezer which was unusual for a Departmental Manager.

The hours could be long some weeks but I felt if I needed to go in earlier or stay later to – more... help get the best out of my department it was worth it.

I had an excellent and supportive team of Departmental Managers around me and my Shift Mananger was approachable at all times and taught me a lot.

I developed in disciplinaries, accident investigations and keeping calm and composed under pressure which I feel is essential in any Management Role. I also had to pre-plan shifts up to 1 week in advance reviewing this regualarly day to day dependant on expected volumes. I was also responsible for ensuring training records were kept up to date with any re-freshers required were planned in a timely fashion.

I was also trained to cover the Shift Manager on days off and holidays. This was highly challenging but rewarding also. I was suddenly responsible for all departments with up to 120 colleagues on shift with hours used against productivity being analysed also indirect hours having to be kept to a minimum high on the agenda. – less
good place to work
team leader (Former Employee), wiganFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: 8 hr shifts
8hr shifts
people good to work with
good manager
service good
enjoyed overall work
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Lutterworth, ENGFebruary 8, 2013
Cons: unrealistic pick rates
Working at ASDA Disrtibution CDC was an enjoyable experience. the task which I had to do was to pick pallets of boxes and place them into various ASDA stores . Working at ASDA Distribution I learned how to manage my time, Keep to hourly targets. I also learned how to communicated effectively with other members of staff.
Miss managed and presurised
Warehouse Opp (Former Employee), Marus Bridge, WiganJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: great sallary
Cons: no job satisfaction and too much pressure from inexperienced management
Wasn't a real good place to work only perks were the wages, the staff were demoralised and the management had literally no idea what they were doing nor were they interested in anything other than what they could print out easily enough