ASDA Employee Reviews

Great place to work with fun people
Butcher (Former Employee) –  United kingdomMay 8, 2017
During my time at ASDA I learned a set of invaluable skills that I have since applied to my other jobs. The first being customer service; I was responsible for fulfilling custom orders on meat cuts, and ensuring they had a pleasant experience. I also learned how to communicate and work efficiently with my coworkers.
Amazing
Postgraduate Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UKApril 1, 2017
It was really a wonderful experience during my postgraduate studies to be given such an opportunity to explore, assess and evaluate how health and safety policy affects workers in the health industry.
Good place to get skills
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Burlington wiMarch 18, 2017
Learn how to use heavy mechanics. I re built dumpster and helped make a halsall witch is a pickup turned in to a garbage truck.. good place to learn to do alot i learned to paint.
Pros
Work
Cons
Non
Busy
Cashier/Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  SurreyJanuary 31, 2017
I honestly can't remember it all...

This is too time consuming....

I think this is better served using a CV and even telephone interview.
Also, there is a problem submitting the form.
I had to do the first company twice.
Great Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 10, 2017
All Around great place to work. Small Company attitude with a focus on customer service and satisfaction. Great place to learn the ropes of the industry.
great place to work
Logistic Manager (Former Employee) –  mart, england ukJanuary 3, 2017
over the years working for asda/ walmart was very excited, was great, nice people from all over the world work there,

i was able to start from the bottom and work my way to the top, knowing 300+ colleague who work on site in one shift,
Good place to work but personally no job satisfaction.
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  WashingtonDecember 5, 2016
Good place to if you want to just leave your job at work at the end of the day, but on a personal level there was no job satisfaction as a regular colleague. As a home shopping picker, early finishes (10am) mean a good work/life balance but due to understaffing issues we often had to stay past our contracted hours to complete the targets set for the day. Also a very tiring and physically demanding job. Colleagues were the saving grace at ASDA and I would not have lasted as long as I did without good people around me.
Pros
Discount in store. Good for casual work.
Cons
Early starts. Physically demanding. Understaffed. Not a career.
No place for ambition
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grampian RegionNovember 14, 2016
Security Officer at ASDA amount to no more than uniform carriers. Rules prevent Security staff from carrying out their duties effectively, it is no wonder that Walmart, the parent company, is losing $3million a year through shoplifting.
Pros
local
Cons
wages, working conditions
Asda
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 24, 2016
It was great to be working in a warehouse would love more experience I am willing to work flexible hours would love to be continuing my career in a warehouse
Pros
I got free lunches
Cons
You get 3 breaks between work hours
Fun workplace
Product Tester (Former Employee) –  Newton AbbotSeptember 28, 2016
The management was good to get along with but I was working on my own most of the time. I didn't have any co-workers. I enjoyed giving out food samples to passing by customers. I didn't enjoy it when the school finished has you had teenagers coming up to you and they would get angry because I would tell them they have to be with an adult if they was under the age of 16 to sample the products
Pros
Free travel fare
Cons
Not many hours
fun and hard work environment
mechanic assisstant and shop cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJune 6, 2016
My previous job place was a very fun and educational place to work I enjoyed the people surrounding me there. The boss was a very nice and relatable individual. He was understandable. Loved not being cooped up in an office and working in a large shop and getting dirty in my work, knowing that I was accomplishing a goal of the company. There was humor around me with my co workers, but we were all serious at the times needed to be. Overall this job choice was a good choice for me.
Pros
just make sure you are working, free lunches, and an enjoyable work environment
Cons
forced to drive garbage trucks when I did not feel comfortable doing so, when there was bad weather there was no work for me.
Good Workplace to work
Associate HR (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, ALMay 26, 2016
My typical day use to start with a short meeting with manager to set today's tasks.

I have learned to enjoy my work.

Management is very supportive and employee oriented.

My co-workers were friendly and generous.

The hardest part of my job was to leave the job being my 1st job and to learn limited HR domain.

Enjoyed working at ASDA,Walmart due to their healthy work culture and management's positive attitude towards their employees.
Cons
short breaks
Accounting office associate
ACCOUNTING OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 25, 2016
· Processed register bags, which also included separating cash, coupons, and processed coins.
· Communicated financial shortages with the staff according to guidelines.
· Prepared all deposits, entered currency into the computer after verifying, reconciling, and finalizing end of day business transactions to the system.
· Finalized business day, completed deposits, and prepared deposit for the pick within time required for armored car service
· Coordinated, reconciled, tracked and reported financial transactions.
· Advised and trained other colleagues on accounting practices and principles according to the work environment, when instructed by the Management.
· Discussed security risks, incorrect or inefficient processes, and potentially improper accounting practices with staff and management.
working for asda
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  rooley laneMay 23, 2016
on a typical day as asda you came face to face with customers, helping to find products they desire, dealing with complaints, cash handling, knowing how to work the till , replenish stock,you learnt how to do returns of items an what to do with them they were faulty, you learnt how to do refunds, my coworkers at asda were fun caring and loyal and honest.
Teamwork and fun workplace
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southampton, UKApril 5, 2016
The reception team was quite small however everyone had an important role to play. I learned that by using the team to complete jobs we could also make ourselves available to help others on the shop floor.

Management were not as present as other places I have worked but feel they did get involved when the teams needed help
Pros
discounts
Cons
if you were not needed you were sometimes sent home
Excellent place to wprk
Customer Service & Switchboard Officer (Former Employee) –  LON GBJanuary 28, 2016
This was one of my favourite places to work,I enjoyed working with kids,and all the staff were very nice,and we got along always.We were a family school for sure.
fun workplace
work experance (Former Employee) –  in every departmentAugust 29, 2015
good place to work and the people are nice to work with they are very helpful and was very hardworking,downside they didn't teach me much they just wanted me in and out
Productive and Friendly work enviroment
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyrone, COMay 27, 2015
Asda is a very friendly place to work, with friendly staff and management which treat everyone fair but also encourage everyone to work hard and try help people improve their skill.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Asda
Customer service (Current Employee) –  BishopMay 9, 2015
Its a very flexible company to work for. They try to help out with shift cover and other areas that you'd want help. There are areas to progress if you want to.
A normal day in the workplace
General assistant (Current Employee) –  England, Lancashire, ColneAugust 31, 2014
I would start at about 7:45am, the first thing to do is turn all appliances on we need for breakfast. Next I would prep and fill all of our vendors and fridges for colleagues to buy food, also prep for the next day as well. The washing up would then be done in the dishwasher and left to dry and cool and put out for colleagues to get coffee tea knives and forks etc.

When breakfast begins I would serve customers keep on top of washing up, re fill vendors and shout to the chef when we need something on our counter.
When breakfast finishes I would take all of the food off the counter sending certain food into the café so its less waste and then save some food for dinner then rest was wasted and wrote down, wash up and go for a break and have my breakfast.

When dinner is being prepped i would be making sandwiches and filling up vendors again and coffee machines. Once dinner has started the routine would start again, serve, wash up, re fill vendors.
After dinner food would be saved for the night shift, we would then wash up clean up, clean tables and the counter, empty the bins and take them to the compactor, empty the fridge and place in the back, them go home this would be around 2:30pm
Pros
There is none...
Cons
Have to pay for lunch, Get yelled at if you miss something, If something breaks if your fault etc...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.