AseraCare Hospice Employee Reviews

An interdisciplinary team approach
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2017
Hospice is not a place, it's a philosophy of care to help those during an extremely vulnerable time. The interdisciplinary team approach to care not only helps the patient, but helps the entire family of care recover from the stress related to end of life care.
What I learned
Internship (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 23, 2017
I learned to laugh and build relationships with everyone at the office and out in the field. It is a great place to work and they have a great team to be a part of
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Na
Good Staff
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 19, 2017
Friendly Environment. They care about their patients. Easy to work with staff. Flexible work schedule. Hospice can be a demanding job no matter what company you are working for.
Angels on Earth
Certified Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2017
Most people have a negative connotation with hospice. Aseracare taught me the truths of the hospice experience. They make death as painless as it can be. They not only care for their patients, but the families of patients' as well. Their specific care with veterans is something they pride themselves in, as they should. The hardest part of the job is obviously seeing patients pass on. Seeing the families that have been touched by Aseracare in such an upsetting part in their lives shows that hospice can be a very rewarding experience for everyone involved.
Truly Amazing
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 5, 2017
A truly amazing team to work with, the compassion and love these people show is unlike anything you can find anywhere else. I absolute loved working there.
I love my patients and their families and a few of the office is great to work with and the nurses and aides are wonderful..
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 3, 2017
Management awful nothing is confidential.and bad talk about employees.my families and patient are wonderful.and the home health aids and register nurses that work out on the field.
Pros
Family. Patients not many weekends
Cons
Management and pay long hours scheduling
Everyone out to get one another
BOA/ Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 29, 2017
Most stressful job ever because you did not know if you were a target that week. Always looking for things to fire people if they did not like them and were rude and mean at the same time.No support from HR or inside management
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
the stress your put under will cause panic attacks
Understaffed
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 24, 2017
While I worked there, I covered 7 counties 24/7. When I left, my caseload was 46 patients and there is no way to provide the level of care I wanted with that kind of number
Rewarding work, but struggling company
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 15, 2017
Hospice work is very demanding, but rewarding. You touch people at a very important time in their lives.

AseraCare in Massachusetts has struggled with a declining census for years. The Wellesley, MA office has just closed and the Auburn, MA office is struggling. There have been many layoffs and hours reduced. Morale is poor and leadership is inconsistent. There has been at least a 75% staff turnover in the past year.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Corporate instability
First they take you on a honeymoon faze.
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Prattville AlMarch 5, 2017
They tell you will have a preceptor, but you end up sitting in front of a computer watching how to videos for a month. You won't get checked off for any of t h e skills you are required to have to perform your job, then finally they send you out to do wellness checks, then thrown in to doing admissions without any help. Word of warning be careful with this company .and they also rewrite your assessment notes in order to keep patients on hospice who are no eligible.
Pros
working with the patient's
Cons
no training, no benefits, you can lose your license, no support
Unstable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2017
This place is unstable. There are going through a sell and a law suit. They won't tell you until after you are hired.

Branch management is great but upper leadership is horrible. Branch leadership can be pushy. More about census and number than patient care. They can't keep any staff because of no work life balance.

Work all day and on call nights and weekend. Be aware!!!!
Pros
Branch management
Cons
No work life balance
Poor management and lack of respect for employees
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 26, 2017
This office has poor management. Went from being a full time employee to being laid off in a two week time frame with no notice and no concern for employee. Management does not communicate well with employees. Staff is over worked and not appreciated. Hospice is a great area of nursing to work in.
Pros
Providing care for patients at end of life
Cons
Poor managment, lack of communication, over worked
What I learned
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 17, 2017
At this agency, I learned many things - but the primary focus was client interaction and satisfaction. AseraCare aimed for clients to be comfortable and families to be well informed.
Aseracare is a place filled with people who really care about everyone.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 9, 2017
100 thumbs up. Aseracare is a wonderful place to work. They care about the patients and patients families. They treat co-workers with respect and true concern. They help each other.
Great place to work and advance
Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 5, 2016
Opportunites for advancement, learning new skills, and great teamwork. This position allows you to be rewarded for your hardwork! As a Director of Clinical Services you are given an opportunity to manage, educate, and mentor your team.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supportive upper management, learning opportunities, teamwork
Cons
Hours can be long at times
A company that loves what they do
Clinical (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 7, 2016
Loves what they do but hard to advance if they love what you do in your current position. Not a lot of training or mentoring for advancement.
Administrative Volunteer
Administrative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAOctober 29, 2016
This was a volunteer opportunity. I loved working here because I was engaging with other people and caring for them. As well accomplishing administrative tasks.
Terrible Management
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 16, 2016
Money driven. Employees are disposable. Suddenly switched hours for shifts causing multiple employees to search for other jobs. They refuse to answer any questions regarding the changes. Seems like an effort to keep us around until the company sale is complete.
Pros
Cons
micro managers, no room for advancement. will not give promised raise after 90 day period.
Very unpleasant experience!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 15, 2016
It was full time ++. A 40 hour work week was the exception not the rule. I would work 12 consecutive days and was utterly exhausted. I was not given any empathy or support, just more and more work. When I started I was informed that I would be on call 1 day a week and 1 weekend a month. In reality, I was on call half the month! I would work my 8 hrs and then would be up all night on call after that. I drove all over the place, 100 -200 miles per day. The environment was crazy. To top it off, when I expressed my concerns and feelings it was ignored and the craziness was ramped up. I had to leave this job before it literally killed me!
Pros
Some of the nurses I worked with
Cons
Too many to list
The Goal of Pain and Symptom Control
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Prattville, AL 36066September 11, 2016
Hospice care focuses on the quality of life rather than it's length.Hospice care treats a person rather than disease,working to manage symptoms so that a person's last days may be spent with dignity and quality surrounded by their love ones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AseraCare Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7