Aseracare

Aseracare Employee Reviews

Many opportunities to learn new things
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 30, 2015
I visit and provide companionship to patients that are on hospice care. The patients that I visited were all diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
Excellent Hospice Provider
Social Worker (Current Employee), Altoona, PAAugust 10, 2015
AseraCare Hospice provides excellent services to their patients and families as they face end of life. The team of professionals that take care of the patients are skilled and compassionate. I would recommend their services to anyone.
Dysfunctional Company/ Norfolk, Ne office reflects that!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, NEJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Keeping a patient comfortable in their last days.
Cons: Lack of respect. Poor treatment. Demanding management. Lazy management.
From the moment they hire you this company tries a little too hard to convince you how much they care for you, each other, and their patients. Over time you will see that what they really want is to work you into the ground, yell at you about overtime, show a lack of respect for your private life, and look at patients as though they were dollar signs. The best part? The management won't mind asking you to work all day and all night, putting in 65 to 70 hour weeks while they leave early and take multiple vacations. And don't even think about finding one of them in the office after five P.M.! This is a great job for anyone who doesn't need to eat, sleep, have a social life, have a family life, have a spiritual life, and does not require respect from their supervisors. Run, don't walk away from this company if this sounds bad to you because once you are in their web, they will tell you anything to keep you going along right up and to the point where you are near collapse physically and emotionally.
Was there for many years and loved the job.
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: Was able to advance
Cons: Too many mangement changes, poor management
My job was medical records, and business office management. I dealt with families and patients. Approved insurance and got pre auths.
RN Case Manager job will BURN you out!!!!!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), York, PAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Providing Hospice care is Respectable.
Cons: Your own vehicle will rack up >30, 000 miles annually. No $$ raises in >4 years.
Local management is very dissatisfied with their job expectations and the negativity flows down hill daily. Turnover was high. RN's were terminated without a moment's notice. Then we were COMMANDED to cover the staffing voids at $2.00 an hour on-call a few nights a week from 7:00pm-8:00am. Still, the home office wouldn't permit hiring an additional nurse because the sales team couldn't increase the patient census. After 5:00 pm there is rarely staff support, just one solo RN to cover two counties. Even when you are called out late at night or in the wee hours of the morning, the next morning at 8:00am you're completely exhausted, but you're expected to be full stream ahead and right back into your full day. There is NO comp time and no sick time. 3 weeks annual accumulation into the PTO bank and if you're sick, you can't make up the PTO hours by working extra at a later date. They don't tell you that at hiring time!! There's NO 401k matching and the only 401k account offered is Fidelity, which has been performing poorly since I started there in April, 2013. Worst of all, I paid out almost $9,000 last year for their traditional health plan. This job will deplete you bank account!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!! Put that office out of its misery already!!!!! By the way, the Director of Clinical Services is very hard working and she is trying to keep the ship afloat, but there is just to much for one RN manager to handle. I still feel great about the hospice mission, but Asera Care Hospice is too cheap to staff this office at a sufficient level, and the patients are the ones who suffer.
Stay away from the Indianapolis office.
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, InJune 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: The office staff
If the most important thing to you is working to help people, this is not the place for you. The management had favorites and if you were not a part of the click you would be put out the door at a whim. The management would pin point some one they did not like and go after them to get them fired. Even making up things to make it sound better. The clinical manager was rude and nasty to staff and acted like she was better than every person that worked there. She would lie and make up things so that she would have the upper hand. The corporate staff rotated constantly and the one person that knew what she was doing was fired because she did not fit the click.
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
Case Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNMay 10, 2015
Pros: My patients and family's
Cons: No formal pay scale, no life, very stressful
The management is full of promises but low on fulfillment. In four years they went thru five directors and for months no director at all. Loved taking care of my patients. But after working 24 hours in a row felt my life was in danger. Company removed the weekend and night nurses. Making the full time day RNs cover 24/7. They never respected a day off and called about patient needs. If they would hire and keep nurses this would be a fullfilling job. I worked there for years and always believed things would be better around the corner, but it only got worse. This job does have the depression facter to deal with as well. You fall in love with patients and family's. The company and it managers truly believe in giving the very best to the patients but it is just not possible with so few on the front lines. If my family needed hospice I would not call Aseracare. This job broke my heart and spirit.
Great
Internship (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed working there and got a lot of great experience. Management and coworkers were kind and easy to work with.The hardest part of the job was working with clients who you knew were going to pass away.
ED was number driven which made it very difficult to work.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Being out in the field working with patient was very enjoyable. Providing patient care and caring for families was awesome.
Unhealthy workplace where paranoia dominates environment
Employee (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2015
Managers/Directors micro manage. This is a "for profit" workplace so everything is focused on making the company money. This was not an enjoyable place to work.
Overall okay place to work
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), undiscloseNovember 3, 2014
Cons: census drive model
Census driven model. Employees constantly at risk for layoff dependent upon outcome of census. Very busy environment. Work life balance is poor.
DONT GO HERE
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), exton/allentown paOctober 20, 2014
cant handle current patients and then drop nurses hours down to 32 hours a week to so call save money--poor patients are the ones who are suffering so someone can make six figures
Excellent care of patients and difficult work environment for staff
Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 7, 2014
People are good people working with a corporate structure that promotes fear and tension
My first job out of school
Community Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Kennestone,gaOctober 5, 2014
I was still learning, but I experienced a lot of prejudice within the job system.
Excellent environment to work.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2014
This company unfortunately closed about 10 weeks after I was hired so I did not get to see a lot of it's inner workings.
Management in shambles
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2014
In the beginning, Aseracare seemed like a great place to work. The employees are a great group, and they have to be in a business like hospice. There are individuals that truly care about their patients. The downfall of the company comes from the top all the way down. The corporate management doesn't let the ground floor have a voice. They tend to have great ideas but no initiative; there is never a plan to follow through to implementation. The most successful programs are the programs that try to fly under the radar and do things their own way. I cannot speak for every program, but my program lacked ground level leadership. Our executive director lacked the engagement necessary to stimulate his employees and grow business. When census began to dip, it was CYOA time for our ED, and he did just that. A true leader and a leader with whom I want to work forges ahead and leads by example. Aseracare preaches empty platitudes and lacks the leadership necessary to sustain and grow business in such a competitive field.
Poor Leadership, sloppy training
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CASeptember 12, 2014
The office staff was rude. The company does not support employees which in turn plays out in dicey care.
great place to work
Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2014
This is a per diem job, All co-workers are excellent to work with. Having patients that appreciate you is most awarding.
Rewarding and very hands on
CNA hospice aide (Current Employee), PAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: getting to spend time with pts
Cons: you do travel and use your own vehicle so you need to be able to travel in any weather situation
This company is great to work for. You get to have time with your pts and the management is great they are always there to help when you need it. You do travel alot so if your one that doesnt like traveling in bad weather then you wont like this but I dont mind some people hate it but our job is take care of pts regardless of what mother nature has in store for us, and some people will just call off but its real hard when that happens cause this isnt place where you have back up like in a Nursing home setting you need to be dependable for pts and your other staff. This job is a great and rewarding career but you need to be compassionate and willing to work and go into different places. I love my job with this company
Manager of Volunteers
Manager of Volunteers (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 12, 2014
1. Recruited, trained, motivated, retained, supervised, and provided ongoing education to volunteers and student interns in a 10-plus county area.
2. Interviewed, evaluated, and processed extensive personnel paperwork for all volunteers.
3. Provided support and assistance to clinical staff in identifying volunteer needs and assigning appropriate volunteer, while following the patient's plan of care.
4. Tracked, compiled, and entered volunteer work hours utilizing Microsoft Excel and Horizon software, and generated reports as needed.
5. Planned, implemented, and handled all aspects of volunteer recruitment presentations, volunteer training, and volunteer recognition events.
6. Administration of volunteer personnel files, correspondence, events, ongoing education, processed memorial donations, answered phones, and completed extensive paperwork.
Industry