AseraCare Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly and caring to patients.
Intern As A Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 9, 2016
Visits to patients weekly and provide companionship to families too. Learned how to keep documentation of medical records. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. A well organized company and reliable. Patients and family members were pleased with their services provided.
Low morale, unstable management
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed my work with the patients themselves, that was very rewarding. I learned a lot about working with a wide variety of people in the community.

Management proved to be untrustworthy. We went through five Executive Directors while I worked there. I did not receive one raise in my five-plus years there, and the health coverage changed from bad to worse to save the company money. Rules changed often, so it was difficult to know where you stood. Co-workers were all kind, caring and compassionate individuals.

The hardest part of the job was coping with the stresses of hospice while the company continually removed more and more privileges.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the one-on-one contact and relationships with patients.
Pros
Compassionate and kind coworkers
Cons
Healthcare coverage, no raises
Both jobs were great jobs
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking care of elderly people and those who had an illness or disability and were not able to take care of themselves. I learned that everyone should be treated equally, regardless of their physical condition. The management I worked with were very fair people and my co-workers would help you in any way you needed it. The hardest part of the job was seeing people sick and some without family to come and visit. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping and making a difference in people lives.
Very caring staff, but complete revolving door.
Clinical Liaison, Full time (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 31, 2016
This a company that likes to "talk" about butterflies, and "Moments the matter," but truth be told, the only thing that matters is the budget, and profit.
Staffing is a revolving door, and the upper management of this company is so far removed from the reality of the job, as well different conditions in different markets. Goals are set based on national statistics, as opposed to market specific conditions and considerations.
This is by far, THE worst company that I have ever worked for, and the worst Management I have ever come across.Somehow having a RN as the CEO, and that fact that they RAVE about each other is somehow supposed to make AseraCare a better choice than the other 103 hospice companies in this particular market, is so ludicrous that it was actually funny.
I met some very dedicated, and hard working people at AseraCare, but no one lasts due to ever decreasing compensation, increasing work load, and no respect at all for work / life balance.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Everything else, but mostly Management
productive and fun place to work
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 15, 2016
The hardest or difficult part of my job is the challenge i come across with different patient and circumstances,but the enjoyable part of my job is when i see them smile and laugh knowing i can able to help them in some ways.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great Company Moral!
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Aseracare is an incredible place to work! I can easily say this because of the staff, nurses, and co-workers that care in helping individuals and families cope with the end of life stages.
Admitting people hours before they pass, no bueno.
Admission case manager RN (Former Employee) –  Fresno,, CaFebruary 25, 2016
Hospice is a wonderful service, for the patient and the family. When the companiy is only out for the money, as this company is, you admit people who only have hours to live. I was micromanage to my breaking point, the day I left, I was even asked to update call logs under the table.Which I didn't do. Horrible administration, management, corporate awful, only out for the money. Wouldn't listen to the nurses, huge case loads.
Pros
Beautiful city
Cons
management, pay, case loads
Rewarding work with excellent co-workers
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day at work, morning meeting to be updated from the On-Call Nurse, then to see pts and complete their care. I learned how to help pts and cg along with the dying and grieving process. My co-workers were always kind and helpful and became life-long friends. The hardest part of the job was when my pts passed away. THe most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my pts and family and being able to help them through the dying process.
Pros
visiting with pts and families, breakfast at monthly staff meetings
Cons
not being able to give indigent pts the care they needed
Burn out
RN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Be careful about working here. Not well organized, very poor communication, demanding, and high stress. You will get burnt out working here. Not quick to hire new talent.
Pros
Work mostly alone
Cons
The work environment
Wonderful work. Help clients with all their needs and family.
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 8, 2016
I do love the work but only PRN and need full time. I plan on staying PRN. Great company. My co-workers are the greatest. I can not say anything bad about them.
Horrible company
Rn (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCNovember 22, 2015
They don't care about their staff. They don't care about the patient's or the families. All they care about is money. Numbers, numbers, numbers. They will lie to you and about you. The DOCS is the worst, very two faced and will not stand up for his staff. The ED is also the worst, she has not a clue about hospice and patient needs. They will turn against you if you advocate for a patient.
They will take your PTO time and not pay you for time you worked! Watch your time!!!
They expect you to be on call for $2/hr. It's ridiculous!
Highly disappointed in them! This should be a positive experience for patients and families. This company does not provide that. Shame on them for running a hospice company this way!
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Horrible healthcare, not enough pay, does not recognize holidays.
Horrible management
Social worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2015
Lack of communication between leadership, conflicting duties and tasks given, micromanagement, do not take time to train staff properly, HIGH staff turn over, moody DOCS never knew what type of attitude to expect, yells at employees, ugly tone of voice, speaks down to employees, condescending, this company was a disappointment.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Revolving door of employees
RN Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 2, 2015
Poorly managed, training in non-existent, minimal support from middle management, most with no formal training in health care.

The most important priority for this company is PROFIT
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Medical Social Worker
Medical Social Worker/Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 27, 2015
M-F 8am to 5:30pm
Learned: Bereavement Counseling
Management: Very strict
Coworkers: Amazing
Hardest: Long hours after hours
Enjoyable: Team of Co-workers
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Favortism
In the process of recovery
Spiritual Care and Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 26, 2015
Left the company on my own accord due to supervisory changes. I enjoyed all of my co-workers who put forth great effort! I am still in touch with many of them!!
stepping stone job
Nursing Admin (Former Employee) –  company in a wholeOctober 21, 2015
If you would like to work for a company that has no training, unsupportive management, and polices that change on a weekly basis this is the job for you!!!
Difficult but enlightening experience
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2015
Mostly nice people, but communication often conflicting. Support excellent to nonexistent. Training adequate but did not cover all situations. Sometimes unrealistic expectations. Pays better than most but benefits very poor.
Pros
Higher pay than most
Cons
Poor Health benefits, inadequate training, extensive travel, assignments sometimes dangerous
Decent job getting better
RN (Current Employee) –  Austin/Bastrop,TxOctober 18, 2015
This company, like other hospice companies I've worked for, has had problems with staffing. Recently tho, with the addition of some really good clinical people including nurses and directors, this company is proving to be capable of change for the better. Very supportive of staff when emergent issues come up from sick kiddos to elderly parents. As with any job, the people you work with can make it or break it.
Pros
The pay is very good and staff is supportive of each other.
Cons
Periods of short staffing, hard for clinical to take time off if it's not emergent
miserable work envionment
Social Worker -Home Hospice Care (Former Employee) –  Austin/Bastrop txOctober 13, 2015
No work life balance,poor management from cooperate all the way down. you do not get paid to be on call only per visit but the expectation is mandatory on call for at least 10 days per month. do not work for this company they are the worst! they don't have enough nurses and patients are left hanging all the time. the run out of needed supplies and they do all they can to cover it up. High turn over in staff they cant keep staff since they treat them so badly and burn them out.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad benefits, mismanagement and poor patient care
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2015
Aseracare provided palliative care for end of life clients. Being able to look after people who are terminally ill gives you the opportunity to really make a meaningful difference to their lives. Management was supportive and co-workers were friendly. Staff was well compensated for on-call shifts, however the on-call would usually be in the middle of the night and required driving for nearly an hour at times. This is not suitable for single parents with young children.
Pros
Working as a team.
Cons
Dealing with death on a regular basis.