Aseracare

Aseracare Employer Reviews

Manager of Volunteers
Manager of Volunteers (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 12, 2014
1. Recruited, trained, motivated, retained, supervised, and provided ongoing education to volunteers and student interns in a 10-plus county area.
2. Interviewed, evaluated, and processed extensive personnel paperwork for all volunteers.
3. Provided support and assistance to clinical staff in identifying volunteer needs and assigning appropriate volunteer, – more... while following the patient's plan of care.
4. Tracked, compiled, and entered volunteer work hours utilizing Microsoft Excel and Horizon software, and generated reports as needed.
5. Planned, implemented, and handled all aspects of volunteer recruitment presentations, volunteer training, and volunteer recognition events.
6. Administration of volunteer personnel files, correspondence, events, ongoing education, processed memorial donations, answered phones, and completed extensive paperwork. – less
The cuture at Aseracare is very dysfunctional
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond IndianaJune 5, 2014
Not a very Good experience, the hardest part was working under poor management with no support. There is a dysfunctional culture that created a hostile environment to work in, there was a lot of conflict.
great place to work and very rewarding
social work intern (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 26, 2014
I loved working with the young and the elderly. I learned that this job is very rewarding
My review of Aseracare was very nice, It was a good place to work. I enjoyed most of enviroment was pleasnat.
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Shenandoah TexasMay 21, 2014
Pros: luchens when we had office staff meeting.
Cons: 2 15 mintues breaks.
A typical work day was helping patients and families through there transition on end of life care. Just knowing that families wanted our service and us being able to help.
Excellent pt care-unrealistic expectation from salaried management
Management (Former Employee), IndianaMay 13, 2014
Pros: wages and benefits
Cons: understaffed.
Over the course of several years as corporation added new service line and a new electronic medical records system, expectations of leadership at local levels was unreasonable. 12 to 14 hour days along with being "on call" 24 hours a day. No balance between work and personal life. Little support from corporate managers.
Rewarding experience
Admission Coordinator/rncm (Current Employee), Pittsburgh and surrounding areasApril 29, 2014
I worked with patients one on one. I learned the fundamentals of hospice care.
Hospice with a Corp. Touch
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 24, 2014
AseraCare was a huge stepping stone for me in the Hospice world. This is where I took my first job and advanced my way to the top. I fell in love with the concept of Hospice and grew what I call the Hospice Heart. One of my early Bosses took me under her wing and taught me everything I know today and I appreciate AseraCare for that.
great
Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, inMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: driving
Great Staff and good management. Most of the work is independent. Some traveling required. Very fulfilling job.
very service driven business
Supervisor (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: n/a
managed customer service/sales
managed documentation and Medicare regulations
provided staff guidance
Provider Relations
Provider Relations Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2014
Enjoyed many parts of the role - the hospice role after 2 years became draining and dealing consistently with death and grief.
negative atmosphere and poor compensation
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), paFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: barely time to take lunch breaks
This field is too competitive for this company to flourish well enough to allow employees the atmosphere of feeling job security. There is no chance for any advancement and there has been a wage freeze for over two years. This company is cut throat in its layoffs . Morale was poor leading to a stressful and negative work atmosphere. On call duties were – more... poorly managed leading to an unbalance in work life fullfillment. – less
good work load, poor compensation,
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee), Holiday, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: premature computerization
pleasant work environment, excessive and redundant paperwork,
went computerized prematurely resulting in excessive frustration and operational confusion by clinical staff which was not address in helpful manner.
Best Hospice in the Twin Cities
Volunteer (Current Employee), BloomingtonJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: best team of hospice professionals
Cons: it's a tough job not everyone is cut out for.
If you are checking out reviews to make your decision, it is likely you know all about hospice. With that in mind, you know that certain nurses are cut out to be hospice nurses and some are not. As for the rest of the clinical team, the same can be said. If you have a family member in an assisted living home, or a residential care home, you may see – more... hospice staff members from one or more hospices and you may even notice that some hospice provide extra therapies and volunteers and volunteer services while other hospices do not. Lastly, since you are looking here you are looking for the best choice for your family and I applaud you for doing so!

Aseracare Hospice has management staff who have been employed with the company for 20+ years; that speaks volumes. The Medical Director's (MD's) are well respected and are the MD's of many other care centers (skilled). Both of these Medical Directors sit on boards, stay up-to-date, and are genuinely great Hospice and Geriatric Care Physicians. They listen, take time, have years of knowledge, and are present and responsive.

I am only writing this as my opinion, but if you are looking for a great hospice end-of-life journey partner, Aseracare Hospice is one of the best choices you can invite to interview with your family; it is your right to choose which hospice you want in your home, caring for your family, and you must feel comfortable with the team. You can choose any hospice you would like.

I invite you to interview Aseracare Hospice and others, I know Aseracare provides exceptional cares to those being served and those who have been served.

I would insist my own family members use this hospice company. – less
Teamwork and Patient Centered
Registered Nurse Case Manager, Hospice (Current Employee), Mountville, PAJanuary 5, 2014
Aseracare Hospice is patient focused centering efforts on making end of life meaningful for the family and comfortable to the patient.
Wonderful capable people to work with
Chaplain (Current Employee), Bastrop, TXJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: strong work ethic
Cons: low census
Every member of the organization is respected and considered in the day-to-day decisions of managers.
fast paste and touching
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 27, 2013
traveling between cares, , meeting loved ones and providing support to family in there time of need
Fun workplace, Friendly environment
volunteer (Current Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 22, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, a lot of things to learn
- meet new people
- be patient, love my life, deal with problems, health environment
- king manager, not the best manager , have a plan for everything
- perfect co-workers, friendly, really fun to work with them
- deal with people who know they will die soon
- help to people who really need, make them happy with small things
tried to grow without resources in place
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Wellesley, MA home office, too much travelDecember 4, 2013
Pros: hospice is rewarding and beneficial experience
Cons: short staff, too much ongoing coverage
Hospice great experience. Ongoing turnover up and down the ranks always left short staff and overworked. Lack of support from office leadership. Lack of trust from leadership.Goal was to grow organization but the staff was cut to minimum and growth was impossible. Territories too widespread. "Corporate" did not support entities, allowed outside vendors – more... to do business in owned facilities. No raises in over four years. – less
Good hours and training.
Hospice RN (Current Employee), West Allis, WIOctober 8, 2013
Enjoyed the autonomy. Was new to hospice when I started working here so was able to learn how hospice functions with other facilities. I also learned so much about pain management and continue to learn more about the different aspects of dealing with all the terminally diagnosed people.

I particularly enjoyed the communication with the family members – more... and the caregivers in facilities. – less
Very compassionate team
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Beatrice, NESeptember 1, 2013
Specialized in care and comfort of dying patients and their families and achieved territory growth from a daily census of one to a daily census of 8 while directly working with patients, their families, Physicians, Pharmacist and care givers in patient homes and nursing facilities benefiting over 300 patients and their families.
• Consistently drive – more... 80-100 miles, seeing 6-9 patients in 5-8 different locations including skilled nursing homes, assisted livings and private homes, working with 6-9 different primary doctors, 4-6 staff nurses, 3-4 different administration, 3-4 directors of nursing and nurse managers, 6-10 nurse aides, 6-9 family members, 3-4 pharmacy every day. – less

1 2 3

About Aseracare

As one of the nation’s leading providers of home health, palliative and hospice care services, we can offer you career resources – Read more