ASG Security Employee Reviews

You will not survive financially
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2017
Poor management and preferential treatment toward salesforce.
Ultra-competitive market and commission only. Starts out at a guaranteed 1000 for the first month. Straight commission afterwards.
Very few ever make a living at ASG
Pros
Cons
you starve
worst security group
Live haul operations/dispatch (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 2, 2017
all are kin , they only look out for each other . not a fair treatment at all . expecially at perdue dillon site , supervisors dont even come around ,
Strong Company with assistanceto accomplish goals
Commercial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 20, 2017
Was a good company before changes, not sure as to how things are running now. Management after changes was not very helpful, believe they had different agenda.
Good part time job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 19, 2017
If you are looking to pick up some extra hours or just tired of sitting around the house retired this is a good opportunity to stay busy and earn a little extra cash.
good Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 14, 2017
good job to far to drive ,i would like to get closer to home 21 miles each way is getting a little costly. Your job is a lot closer and more economical.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
big turnover
Hired during Management Change - Too much change
Integrated Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Runnemede, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Suppose to be working commercial accounts, but handed an account base that was not touched for 2-3 years. Much of the work I did was putting out fires when I walked in the door of customers. Sometimes seeing us walk in the door would remind them to make a change in provider.

Sat in Sales meetings and saw nobody making sales. Even the veteran reps. It was hard to believe in someone's concept or idea when it wasn't working for them.

I enjoyyed the flexibility, but getting paid to me was more important. I wasnted to be rewarded for my hard work.
Pros
Very laid back management
Cons
Very laid back management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2016
None- decline to comment as not needed and I am satisfied with my current position and company overall standards and practices.
Hard but fulfilling work
Commercial Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2016
ASG was a good company with friendly co-workers. The work is hard but fulfilling. As a technician you will learn the intricacies of low-voltage electrical work. If you want to get in the electrical field, ASG is a good place to start.
good company awesome team work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  san antonio txJuly 6, 2016
It was a good company, nice team work. Good benefits. Management was ok. I enjoyed learning something new all the time. It was a easy going environment
Excellent Place To Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 30, 2016
ASG was a great place to work.. Very Team and Solution Oriented. It was a pleasure going to work everyday and helping our customers secure their families and property..
Pros
Team Work
Cons
The Company was Aquired
Results are a reflection of effort
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 16, 2016
This organization lacked a culture of cultivating and keeping talented individuals. Although they preferred "hunters" and sales professionals, no professional company training was offered. To be successful in this organization, you had to dedicate yourself to the company mission and put in a lot of effort. Effort unfortunately is not rewarded; results are.

I was very successful at this institution, but there was little organization, oversight and accountability for administrative staff. After working for this organization for over two years and paying a high rate for health insurance (about $380 per month-single-no children), coupled with fighting for commissions, or suffering "payback" (when a customer does not pay their bill, and commission is deducted from your paycheck), with no advance notice; I was burnt out. Fortunately, most of my "paybacks" were a result of clerical error and administrative issue (payment system failure); unfortunately, when the customer reinstated their bill, another sales representative could have the opportunity of retaining the commission for said client.

Overall, this position was a "job" and not a career. There was a lot of freedom in this position, and it helped me grow both as an individual and as a professional. My recommendation for anyone looking into this organization would be to make sure you hit the ground running and have a plan for your own individual success.
Pros
Vacation was calculate on average commission divided by a 40-hour work week.
Cons
Very disorganized administratively
Pleanty of advancement and fun place family oriented place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2016
A typical day is as fast paced as you want it to be, a learnful place to be around more seasoned collleagues.Management and co wokers stayed consistent in helping through problem situations, the hardest part od the job is 100% commission, most enjoyable thing is you are your own boss.
Pros
guaranteed gas compensation
Cons
you make your own cons if you dont work
ASG Security
Sales Coordinator - Data Integrity Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work was fast paced.
I learned a lot about the security industry while employed with ASG and would have stayed had the company not sold.
Pros
It was a real family-like atmosphere
Alarm industry
Residential Installer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTFebruary 22, 2016
A normal day at work would consist of installing and servicing alarm systems. This company was the company where I learned all my base knowledge for the alarm industry
Productive work place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 19, 2016
ASG promotes from within and are also open to employees options and ideas that might help to make sites better. Uniforms are provided which makes us stand out among the guest. Policies and procedures are universal no matter what shift you are on.
extremely uptight place to work
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 14, 2015
I was 6 month pregnant when I started working there and they did not allow for bathroom breaks. They were aware that I was pregnant and I could only go to the bathroom during my break, which would be fine if I wasn't pregnant. I had to hold it in for hours because on the one occasion that I ran to the bathroom because I could no longer hold it, they called me into an emergency meeting and told me I could not use the bathroom when I felt like it. I had to do as they said because I was a single parent relying on my job to get by. My supervisor had an extremely bad attitude with all the employees, constantly getting in trouble with her manager for the way she treated us, which led to her being demoted. Everyone there had an attitude because they treat everyone very poorly. If you want a good work environment you have to treat your employees fair.
Overall a great place to work
Helpdesk Support Specialist - Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 26, 2015
Fun place to work that would help you grow and develop when you were struggling. Had great people that were easy to approach when something was needed to be done in quick and timely manner.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
tense place to work
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJAugust 31, 2015
When i work there there was a lot of fighting in office yelling arguing sure were few bad apples made the office tense to work there.
Pros
go hours freedom
Cons
healthcare poor pay poor
Can be very dangerous at times.
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Takoma hospitalAugust 17, 2015
secure all of Takoma property and handle psych and suicide patients from harming them self and staff . make rounds on property and hospital every hour ,
Pros
free food, hospital staff is great
Cons
can get in bad situations
Stability
Security Sales & Services (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2015
This industry is very transitional, employee's need a better training process. Currently, theirs no formal training for new employees. However, you need to be a seasoned vet to excel in this job.
Pros
Have to be a hunter in this industry
Cons
very transitional job