ASG Security

ASG Security Employee Reviews

Productive company
Service Supervisor/Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDApril 16, 2015
ASG was a good company to work for Managers were helpful in every way. Had a great team that worked for me. Customers were the hardest to deal with on a daily basis.
Productive day at work troubleshooting alarm systems, handling customer complaints and overseeing billing issues.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: customer compliment= 1 hr free pay
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
A typical day at work consists of clocking in at 8 a.m. and diving into a busy swarm of calls waiting in the customer call waiting group. I log into my computer and sign into my phone. After that, I start taking inbound calls and trouble shoot with customer's, handle billing inquiries, and schedule customer's for service to have a technician at their location. I learned from working at ASG Security that patience is a requirement when dealing with people in general. I feel as though ASG taught me how to be patient with people and it showed me the benefits of being patient such as the feeling of accomplishment. When you are patient in general, normally you have a rewarding outcome. Everyday that I work at ASG Security it puts a smile on my face because at the end of the day I know that I am helping someone. Sometimes their is negative energy that comes from the customer, but I always remember not to take things personal because I do not know what the customer or any person in general is going through. You cannot take what the customer's say personal because at the end of the day you get paid to work and deal with the customers issues and resolve their issues/ problems for them. My co- workers are amazing and working with them is like having a second family. The management is awesome as well. I call my manager mother goose because she always takes care of the people that works in her department.
It's all about the numbers
Employee (Former Employee), USANovember 17, 2014
Pros: free monitoring of your security system
Cons: just a contract mill.
If you don't meet their ideal of a set of numbers for a spreadsheet you're gone. Things that do not fit on spreadsheets do not matter to them.
Great workplace filled with hard working people.
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: raises are rare.
Learned alot while employed with them. currently under new management.
Terrible leadership
Licensing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: end of month lunches
Cons: end of month hours
I worked here a few years and I hated to have to look for advancement outside my company. I was a corporate employee who worked in a branch office, so I was limited to what I could participate in with my co-workers. I disliked the fact how the HR/Office Manger hired her crew. If you didn’t know her outside of work OR weren’t blood related, good luck being hired.

Company health benefits are SUPER high in premium. The corporate office is located in Beltsville, MD therefore you pay Maryland premium.
driving to customers doing service
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee), Turnersville, NJAugust 13, 2014
going to customer's locations and service their security systems by troubleshooting and recommending upgrades to better their systems.
Productive workplace providing security to Houston and surrounding areas.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 7, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, flexible if need be for personal reasons, heathcare
On a typical day at ASG I answer phone calls from our corporate office and from customers to set up appointments for our technicians to go out and service the alarm systems. Since being with the company I have learned ADP payroll and I have learned the ins and outs of customer service on a more local level. The high demand of service needed has definitely given me an in depth outlook on smaller companies and the operations of them all. The management team is all about rolling with the punches, following the proper procedures and guidelines but still providing customer service to the very best of their abilities. My coworkers are all very hardworkers and through them and this company I have learned alot especially how to handle the high pressure of the job at times. The hardest part of the job is to balance everything at once; phone calls, payroll, backlogs, keeping track of the techs, dispatching, other clerical office duties at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter that we all bring to the office even when it does get insane somehow we find a way to make it through the day.
The impact that leaders can have.......
Project Manager (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: take home work vehical, company cell phone
Cons: poor working conditions, poor managment. long commute
This was a job that I enjoyed very much for many years. Every day offered a verity of work , and I was always learning new technology. Most of my co-workers were solid hard working individuals. I enjoyed going into work each day.
In the past couple of years work conditions declined rapidly. There were major changes to the Management team. Employees were treated as expendable pieces of property often overworked, and stretched to the breaking point. Many employees quit due to the absolute neglect of superiors. The entire management team functioned on the basis of constantly reacting to problems and issues rather then working pro-actively to prevent them form occurring.
With promotions also came knowledge of serious moral and ethical work practices that were completely condoned by the management team. Customers were taken advantage of, stolen from, lied too, and often ignored. I was witness to countless atrocities against large commercial accounts that as an employee made me feel ashamed, embarrassed, and angry. After more then five years I had to resign.
ASG is agood company to work for.
Administration Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 5, 2014
ASG is a high paced and energetic work environment. I have learned many skills that I will use throughout my career. There are many opportunities for training.
Management and Upper Mnagement Clueless
Sales Exexcutive (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: management and lack of people that actually take responsibility for their actions.
Work day in and day out for very little recognition. No mater how much you do for the company they always expect more. There is nothing you can do to earn the respect of those in management. They make rules that change daily and always find a viable scapegoat.
face pace company
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: take home van
Cons: no rises
at office 6am load up and get out learned small business installation management changed several times can't comment co-workers some good some special worked with them all hardest part of job was not getting rises most enjoyable knowing I was one of the best at my job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 20, 2014
It was a great experience to learn how to secure a n area with the proper procedures.
Busy environment, lots phones.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 7, 2013
Its is a very busy work place you have to be multi task. My second family. Love what i do.
Challenging experience
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: growth opportunities
Enjoyed working with my co workers.
Very little growth opportunity within the company.
ASG
RESIDENTIAL RESALE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: they will pay you
Cons: you will have to have you own leads
Lack of tr•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
aining. Big turn over, Bad Management
nice place to work at
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDOctober 24, 2012
Pros: breaks
Cons: sometimes they have temp jobs
worked in retention department would have to pull out contracts and advised customers pros and cons of their terms and offer settlements and try to save customer from cancelling services with asg .Co-workers are real nice and help when you are stuck with a problem .Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customer and advising them that they where under contract .The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with each and every day even if some are a pain .
Unprofessional, stressful work enviornment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Beltsville, MD.October 9, 2012
Pros: breaks, over time, vacation time started immediately
Cons: poor management, poor professionalism, stressful, short staffed
I start work everyday at 8:00am. As soon as I get to work I check all my emails and messages. Phones start to ring at 8:00am sharp. Answer multiple phone lines of customer's that have problem's with there alarm system's or bill. I either direct caller's to the correct person or schedule them to have a technician come out to see them. I schedule 10+ technician's on a daily basis. I do there time cards,and make sure all of there times/jobs are entered into the computer in a timely basis. I also am in charge of writing up and filing away all of the "Actual Reports". When a client has either a break in or a fire I assign a technician to go out and take a report. The tech then emails me the report and I then file and submit the reports to upper management. I write up quotes, assign proposals and go over multiple reports assigned to me all before the end of my day at 5:00pm.
Over all a wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Reinholds, PAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: no job opening
The employees at ASG Security are very nice and great people to work with. The job was very rewarding. Learned to use Manitou, MASter Mind and I made a Company Bio. on Excel. I also did filing and answered phones and transferred calls. It was over all a wonderful place to work.
Very Difficult & Exciting Work Day
Collections Agent/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDJuly 3, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and showing my ability of how a good worker i am.
Cons: short breaks and not getting paid enough for what we actually do.
A typical day at work for myself would be me clocking in ten minutes before my schedule time. Going to my desk and opening my email to see if I received any email. Opening company mastermind and start going thru my list we get at the beginning of each month. I have to finsh anywhere from 10 to 20 pages in one week. I must call higher marks everyday. Higher marks are anywhere from two pages to four pages. When calling customer I introduce myself and why I am calling. Some customers may make payment over the phone and some may pay online or send in the mail. I may have a customer on the list and will inform me that their alarm isnt working. So I would have to inform my boss and he will take it from there. I may have business and they will inform me tha payment is being sent to their processing department and may take two weeks. the goal is to try and make list smaller. I also have to cover the receptionist break or if she is off then cover her shift. I will answer incoming calls and transfer calls to appropriate person.
I learned how a collections department really function and how I have to deal with rude customers or nice customers. Management is fairly okay but can be better. I think they sometimes don't understand that we have kids and a family. Things sometimes happen that we don't expect. But they sometimes don't care. We have two times to call out in six month period or we will get suspended. I have seen people actually sick and willv get wriitten up and suspended for two days without pay for being at hospital.
I love my co-workers each and everyone of them taught me to – more... appreciate certain things. They show me that we all go thru the same problems and we all can relate. Its like we are one big family trying to take care of family outside of work or trying to make it in life. The hardest part of my job would be making eighty calls per day. Sometimes customers may hold us up and want to talk. Which I don;t mind because I love to hear customers vent. But our managers sometimes don't understand that. The most enjoyable part is when I get those very nice customers who just want to talk and relate to me. This job overall has made me more discipline to things and showed me a lot. – less