ASG Security Employee Reviews

Pleanty of advancement and fun place family oriented place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2016
A typical day is as fast paced as you want it to be, a learnful place to be around more seasoned collleagues.Management and co wokers stayed consistent in helping through problem situations, the hardest part od the job is 100% commission, most enjoyable thing is you are your own boss.
Pros
guaranteed gas compensation
Cons
you make your own cons if you dont work
good company awesome team work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  san antonio txJuly 6, 2016
It was a good company, nice team work. Good benefits. Management was ok. I enjoyed learning something new all the time. It was a easy going environment
Hired during Management Change - Too much change
Integrated Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Runnemede, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Suppose to be working commercial accounts, but handed an account base that was not touched for 2-3 years. Much of the work I did was putting out fires when I walked in the door of customers. Sometimes seeing us walk in the door would remind them to make a change in provider.

Sat in Sales meetings and saw nobody making sales. Even the veteran reps. It was hard to believe in someone's concept or idea when it wasn't working for them.

I enjoyyed the flexibility, but getting paid to me was more important. I wasnted to be rewarded for my hard work.
Pros
Very laid back management
Cons
Very laid back management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2016
None- decline to comment as not needed and I am satisfied with my current position and company overall standards and practices.
Great colleagues and a positive and upbeat culture of success.
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 10, 2015
Great team from sales colleagues to admin personnel. Regional VP is a great manager. Hardest part of job - no company generated leads, 95% of my sales are self generated in NH and ME where ASG has no significance presence. The most enjoyable part is building the company's market share in NH and ME from scratch.
Pros
great people and culture.
Cons
lousy 401K, slow payments on sales
Terrible leadership
Licensing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 21, 2014
I worked here a few years and I hated to have to look for advancement outside my company. I was a corporate employee who worked in a branch office, so I was limited to what I could participate in with my co-workers. I disliked the fact how the HR/Office Manger hired her crew. If you didn’t know her outside of work OR weren’t blood related, good luck being hired.

Company health benefits are SUPER high in premium. The corporate office is located in Beltsville, MD therefore you pay Maryland premium.
Pros
End of month Lunches
Cons
End of month hours
Results are a reflection of effort
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 16, 2016
This organization lacked a culture of cultivating and keeping talented individuals. Although they preferred "hunters" and sales professionals, no professional company training was offered. To be successful in this organization, you had to dedicate yourself to the company mission and put in a lot of effort. Effort unfortunately is not rewarded; results are.

I was very successful at this institution, but there was little organization, oversight and accountability for administrative staff. After working for this organization for over two years and paying a high rate for health insurance (about $380 per month-single-no children), coupled with fighting for commissions, or suffering "payback" (when a customer does not pay their bill, and commission is deducted from your paycheck), with no advance notice; I was burnt out. Fortunately, most of my "paybacks" were a result of clerical error and administrative issue (payment system failure); unfortunately, when the customer reinstated their bill, another sales representative could have the opportunity of retaining the commission for said client.

Overall, this position was a "job" and not a career. There was a lot of freedom in this position, and it helped me grow both as an individual and as a professional. My recommendation for anyone looking into this organization would be to make sure you hit the ground running and have a plan for your own individual success.
Pros
Vacation was calculate on average commission divided by a 40-hour work week.
Cons
Very disorganized administratively
very great work place, organized, & great customer service
Alarm security Group - Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  beltsville, mdMay 28, 2015
a regular day working at asg security is greeting guest in a well manner tone, helping customers find the needs & interest. multi - task, working in a fast paced enviroment. the most difficult thing is handling the angry customers but solving the issues but to leave customer happy.
Pros
great benefits, hours, peers, work space
Cons
company is being bought over
Excellent Place To Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 30, 2016
ASG was a great place to work.. Very Team and Solution Oriented. It was a pleasure going to work everyday and helping our customers secure their families and property..
Pros
Team Work
Cons
The Company was Aquired
Great workplace filled with hard working people.
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Learned alot while employed with them. currently under new management.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
raises are rare.
ASG Security
Sales Coordinator - Data Integrity Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work was fast paced.
I learned a lot about the security industry while employed with ASG and would have stayed had the company not sold.
Pros
It was a real family-like atmosphere
extremely uptight place to work
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 14, 2015
I was 6 month pregnant when I started working there and they did not allow for bathroom breaks. They were aware that I was pregnant and I could only go to the bathroom during my break, which would be fine if I wasn't pregnant. I had to hold it in for hours because on the one occasion that I ran to the bathroom because I could no longer hold it, they called me into an emergency meeting and told me I could not use the bathroom when I felt like it. I had to do as they said because I was a single parent relying on my job to get by. My supervisor had an extremely bad attitude with all the employees, constantly getting in trouble with her manager for the way she treated us, which led to her being demoted. Everyone there had an attitude because they treat everyone very poorly. If you want a good work environment you have to treat your employees fair.
Productive day at work troubleshooting alarm systems, handling customer complaints and overseeing billing issues.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMarch 5, 2015
A typical day at work consists of clocking in at 8 a.m. and diving into a busy swarm of calls waiting in the customer call waiting group. I log into my computer and sign into my phone. After that, I start taking inbound calls and trouble shoot with customer's, handle billing inquiries, and schedule customer's for service to have a technician at their location. I learned from working at ASG Security that patience is a requirement when dealing with people in general. I feel as though ASG taught me how to be patient with people and it showed me the benefits of being patient such as the feeling of accomplishment. When you are patient in general, normally you have a rewarding outcome. Everyday that I work at ASG Security it puts a smile on my face because at the end of the day I know that I am helping someone. Sometimes their is negative energy that comes from the customer, but I always remember not to take things personal because I do not know what the customer or any person in general is going through. You cannot take what the customer's say personal because at the end of the day you get paid to work and deal with the customers issues and resolve their issues/ problems for them. My co- workers are amazing and working with them is like having a second family. The management is awesome as well. I call my manager mother goose because she always takes care of the people that works in her department.
Pros
customer compliment= 1 hr free pay
Cons
healthcare, short breaks
Productive work place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 19, 2016
ASG promotes from within and are also open to employees options and ideas that might help to make sites better. Uniforms are provided which makes us stand out among the guest. Policies and procedures are universal no matter what shift you are on.
Alarm industry
Residential Installer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTFebruary 22, 2016
A normal day at work would consist of installing and servicing alarm systems. This company was the company where I learned all my base knowledge for the alarm industry
The impact that leaders can have.......
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 4, 2014
This was a job that I enjoyed very much for many years. Every day offered a verity of work , and I was always learning new technology. Most of my co-workers were solid hard working individuals. I enjoyed going into work each day.
In the past couple of years work conditions declined rapidly. There were major changes to the Management team. Employees were treated as expendable pieces of property often overworked, and stretched to the breaking point. Many employees quit due to the absolute neglect of superiors. The entire management team functioned on the basis of constantly reacting to problems and issues rather then working pro-actively to prevent them form occurring.
With promotions also came knowledge of serious moral and ethical work practices that were completely condoned by the management team. Customers were taken advantage of, stolen from, lied too, and often ignored. I was witness to countless atrocities against large commercial accounts that as an employee made me feel ashamed, embarrassed, and angry. After more then five years I had to resign.
Pros
Take home work vehical, company cell phone
Cons
Poor working conditions, Poor Managment. Long commute
Unprofessional, stressful work enviornment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MD.October 9, 2012
I start work everyday at 8:00am. As soon as I get to work I check all my emails and messages. Phones start to ring at 8:00am sharp. Answer multiple phone lines of customer's that have problem's with there alarm system's or bill. I either direct caller's to the correct person or schedule them to have a technician come out to see them. I schedule 10+ technician's on a daily basis. I do there time cards,and make sure all of there times/jobs are entered into the computer in a timely basis. I also am in charge of writing up and filing away all of the "Actual Reports". When a client has either a break in or a fire I assign a technician to go out and take a report. The tech then emails me the report and I then file and submit the reports to upper management. I write up quotes, assign proposals and go over multiple reports assigned to me all before the end of my day at 5:00pm.
Pros
breaks, over time, vacation time started immediately
Cons
poor management, poor professionalism, stressful, short staffed
Productive workplace providing security to Houston and surrounding areas.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJuly 7, 2014
On a typical day at ASG I answer phone calls from our corporate office and from customers to set up appointments for our technicians to go out and service the alarm systems. Since being with the company I have learned ADP payroll and I have learned the ins and outs of customer service on a more local level. The high demand of service needed has definitely given me an in depth outlook on smaller companies and the operations of them all. The management team is all about rolling with the punches, following the proper procedures and guidelines but still providing customer service to the very best of their abilities. My coworkers are all very hardworkers and through them and this company I have learned alot especially how to handle the high pressure of the job at times. The hardest part of the job is to balance everything at once; phone calls, payroll, backlogs, keeping track of the techs, dispatching, other clerical office duties at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter that we all bring to the office even when it does get insane somehow we find a way to make it through the day.
Pros
1 hour lunches, flexible if need be for personal reasons, heathcare
Management and Upper Mnagement Clueless
Sales Exexcutive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Work day in and day out for very little recognition. No mater how much you do for the company they always expect more. There is nothing you can do to earn the respect of those in management. They make rules that change daily and always find a viable scapegoat.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Management and lack of people that actually take responsibility for their actions.
Overall a great place to work
Helpdesk Support Specialist - Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 26, 2015
Fun place to work that would help you grow and develop when you were struggling. Had great people that were easy to approach when something was needed to be done in quick and timely manner.
Pros
Free lunch once a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASG Security. Our community is ready to answer.